Kodi Community Forum
Win XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Win XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more (/showthread.php?tid=136798)

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Livin - 2013-07-19

(2013-07-17, 13:11)baijuxavior Wrote: ^^ Thanks. I will add it to the tool. We can remove the winactivate part as your code is more robust.

Will you be point this soon? I could really use it Smile

thx!

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2013-07-19

(2013-07-18, 03:55)Ghostdivision Wrote: I currently have xbmc set to exit and launch when i wake it from sleep, but i was hoping since I have update video library when xbmc starts it would also update the library when you resume from suspend, but its not, is there anyway to accomplish this?

I think it is possible by sending a keypress to update the library when xbmc resumes from sleep.

(2013-07-19, 03:03)Livin Wrote:
(2013-07-17, 13:11)baijuxavior Wrote: ^^ Thanks. I will add it to the tool. We can remove the winactivate part as your code is more robust.

thx!

I will update it in a few days once I am back home.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - onyx00 - 2013-07-20

(2013-07-19, 03:03)Livin Wrote:

thx!

I compiled a clean version for you since it looks like the author is out of town. Use this at your own risk - the only change is what I detailed above. Once the author releases his version you should probably switch to that just to ensure you are using the exact same version as others.

Temporary XBMCLauncher fix

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - apiontek - 2013-07-21

Hi - I've searched this thread a bit and not found an answer, but sorry if I wasn't thorough enough.

I've set up XBMCLauncher as my shell, and XBMC starts great. I have Advanced Laucher set up to start Steam Big Picture, and it took a long time, but I realized I could set Steam as an application to start when XBMCLauncher starts, and that cut the time back to normal.

However, I also have Advanced Launcher set up to start the Netflix Windows 8 app for netflix, combined with XPadder so my XBox 360 wireless is enabled to navigate the Metro UI of the app. It works great without XBMCLauncher as shell, but with XBMCLauncher set as the shell, it fails to start the Netflix app because the Metro UI isn't running.

Does anyone know of any way to start the Metro UI that the app needs without basically needing to start full-blown Windows Explorer? If not, I should forget about using XBMCLauncher as shell and just benefit from its focus-keeping ability, which is fine. Just wondering.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2013-07-21

This is how I am using xmbclauncher on win8:

Set xbmclauncher as shell
Add explorer.exe as an application to start along with other applications
Enable the option to start the metro gui when xbmc is not running
Disable xbmc autostart at logon.
Add xbmc to the metro ui

When Windows is started, xbmclauncher will start explorer and metro ui. XBMC can be launched by clicking the metro tile using remote cotrol.

I also use hybrid shutdown instead of full shutdown so that Windows loads in flat 10 seconds.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - JustinAiken - 2013-07-23

Okay, on my new HTPC I now have Steam + Chrome + Kylo + EDID override setup in windows - everything I think I've needed the shell for.

Now it's time to move away from the dreaded Windows shell forever!

How well does XBMCLauncher work when you use Steam also on Windows 8? I added Steam (and a few other games) to my home page with Advanced Launcher... Don't want to switch shells if it will break those...

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2013-07-23

Updated the installer with the code specified by onyx00 http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=136798&pid=1463619#pid1463619.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Livin - 2013-07-23

DUAL SCREEN use?

anyone using this with 2 displays... computer monitor & TV?

I use a laptop for my HTPC and my TV for display.

I have a few issues...

1) sometimes HDMI 'sync' takes a while so XBMC launches but does not display on any of the screen (laptops shows desktop / TV shows nothing)
2) XBMC runs fine on teh TV but when the TV is turned on, then on again, XBMC does not show on any of the displays, it is in the task bar on the laptop screen - minimized?

if you use it in a similar situation please let me know how it works for you and how you have your settings.

thx

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2013-07-23

(2013-07-23, 01:35)JustinAiken Wrote: Okay, on my new HTPC I now have Steam + Chrome + Kylo + EDID override setup in windows - everything I think I've needed the shell for.

Now it's time to move away from the dreaded Windows shell forever!

How well does XBMCLauncher work when you use Steam also on Windows 8? I added Steam (and a few other games) to my home page with Advanced Launcher... Don't want to switch shells if it will break those...

I am not sure if it will work. Please try it yourself. There is no harm in testing the application. Just uninstall it if it is not working.

(2013-07-23, 17:40)Livin Wrote: DUAL SCREEN use?

I have a few issues...

1) sometimes HDMI 'sync' takes a while so XBMC launches but does not display on any of the screen (laptops shows desktop / TV shows nothing)
2) XBMC runs fine on teh TV but when the TV is turned on, then on again, XBMC does not show on any of the displays, it is in the task bar on the laptop screen - minimized?

if you use it in a similar situation please let me know how it works for you and how you have your settings.

thx

I am not using a dual screen setup so don't know of a possible solution to your problem.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Livin - 2013-07-23

baijuxavior
Is there a way to programatically detect if XBMC is actually displaying on any of the displays or if it is 'off screen'? If your app could detect this, then it could also close XBMC and reopen once it is detected - yes?

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Ghostdivision - 2013-07-24

Baijuxavior, just one last question otherwise I think everything is working fine.

My only issue is I have xbmc set to exit on sleep, and launch on wake, thats mainly what I use this for. And maybe 1 out of 3 times I wont get any rss feed? I am just curious why this is?

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - z9182 - 2013-08-01

Thank you very, very, very much for this application; it makes the experience so much nicer given my HTPC runs Win8. Thank you Blush

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2013-08-02

Sorry for the late replies.

(2013-07-23, 20:35)Livin Wrote: baijuxavior
Is there a way to programatically detect if XBMC is actually displaying on any of the displays or if it is 'off screen'? If your app could detect this, then it could also close XBMC and reopen once it is detected - yes?

I don't know if it is possible to detect the display in which xbmc is playing. I think elitegamer360 has posted a similar autohotkey script xbmccustomregis to start xbmc in a particular screen.

(2013-07-24, 11:45)Ghostdivision Wrote: Baijuxavior, just one last question otherwise I think everything is working fine.

My only issue is I have xbmc set to exit on sleep, and launch on wake, thats mainly what I use this for. And maybe 1 out of 3 times I wont get any rss feed? I am just curious why this is?

Sorry, not sure what causes this. May be the network adapter is not initialized before xbmc is started?

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - noobnas - 2013-08-05

(2013-07-23, 17:40)Livin Wrote: DUAL SCREEN use?

I have a few issues...

thx

I too would like an answer to this please. I currently run xbmc as a shell in it's own dedicated windows account. The problem i have is that it won't accept dual screen display.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - osztraksajt - 2013-08-12

Thank you very much for this essential app.

Now I changed to SQL database. The problem is that It starts too fast, and the NIC cannot initialize and connect to database. I've tried to add delay for start, but desn't seems to work. I've tried 1-60, but it starts immediately instead of waiting the given period.

My config: Win7 home premium 32 bit, SSD and standard installation folders.

Can you check this function?