Kodi Community Forum
Win XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Win XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more (/showthread.php?tid=136798)

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - darksupernova - 2013-09-06

Hey guys, been reading through but I can't seem to solve this. Every time I start I just get the Metro ui with xbmc behind it. Unfortunately I need explorer as my shell. I tried using task scheduler to launch a windows explorer window and this used to work but doesnt anymore, any ideas?

Max

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2013-09-07

If you set explorer as shell then metroUI will start by default. You can set XBMCLauncher as shell and explorer.exe as an external app to start it automatically.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - hatbrox - 2013-09-27

Hi,
XBMC regularly freezes when the PC is idle for a long time (1 or 2 days, my HTPC is always on) and I have to open the task manager to kill its process and restart.

I'd like to a command on my logitech remote to kill XBMC.

Can this tool help?

Thx

EDIT: sorry, I forgot about windows taskkill utility, just created a shortcut with:
%windir%\System32\taskkill.exe –f –im XBMC.exe

put it on on the taskbar next to XBMC
then assign WIN+2 to kill XBMC and WIN+1 to launch it.
works like a charm

XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - ktjensen - 2013-09-28

Hatbrox- why have you not looked at why XBMC just freezes? Do you just expect software issues like this to happen under windows?

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Valdimarsson - 2013-09-29

I use XBMC on several computers and a rpi. I have my main computer/server setup with mysql server and an installation of XBMC to keep up with the things happening in the library on my computer.
I use my computer everyday and would like to know if it's possible to make XBMC minimize to tray on startup? Not the taskbar which it does already with windows scheduler but in the system tray.

Maybe something like that could be implemented into the XBMCLauncher?

I really searched for a solution for the last couple of weeks but can't seem to find a solution and XBMCLauncher has over time become more and more advanced. That's why I'm asking in here as this is the most advanced setup.

Thanks in advance.
Valdimarsson

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - SniperZoz - 2013-10-05

@baijuxavior

Thank you for this - great program - must have for any HTPC Smile

Can I tempt you with a feature request?

Basically it would be great if I could select a 'power plan' just for when xbmc is running - you know the windows power plans: high-performance, balanced ....

The issue being - when I run windows with the default high-performance (even tried balanced) power-plan sometimes the OS will start doing some background task which raises cpu usage ... which in turn raises fan speeds ... this sometimes lasts just a few seconds, but I had occasions where it lasted 15 mins. This can be really annoying when watching a silent(ish) movie on a living room based HTPC.

I discovered that just by lowering the MAX cpu setting (on the power-plan) to 90% I don't get these fast fan speeds any more. 90% cpu (in my case at least) is still way more than xbmc needs!

Unfortunately this means I have to switch to and fro between high-performance and my custom power-plan when I decide to use the HTPC for some gaming (steam big-picture).

What do you think? Possible?

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2013-10-05

It might be possible. See http://www.autohotkey.com/board/topic/34589-how-to-change-power-schemes-via-hotkey/

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - informer25 - 2013-10-07

Thank you for this amazing tool!

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - SniperZoz - 2013-10-08

(2013-10-05, 15:33)baijuxavior Wrote: It might be possible. See http://www.autohotkey.com/board/topic/34589-how-to-change-power-schemes-via-hotkey/

but ... how about integrating the functionality with xbmc-launcher Tongue ?

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - UKVaper - 2013-10-17

Just a notice, as much for googlers than anyone but XBMCLauncher is triggering cheat detection in Punkbuster at least for Battlefield 3/4 if versions are different. Probably some autohotkey similarities in the focus switching.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - holydhaliwal - 2013-10-26

I'm running into trouble starting metro apps with advanced launcher using this. I'm running windows 8 and I would like to boot directly into xbmc without seeing any windows shell. Currently this works however when running a metro app from advanced launcher (using the method described here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=85724&pid=1246914#pid1246914) I get the error "The app manager is required to activate applications, but is not running". I do not get this error when the normal windows 8 shell is open. Any ideas on how to work this out? Thanks!

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2013-10-27

Explorer may be needed for the apps to run.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - holydhaliwal - 2013-10-28

(2013-10-27, 08:40)baijuxavior Wrote: Explorer may be needed for the apps to run.

Is there a way to have explorer started along with xbmc but with explorer staying in the background?

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2013-10-28

Set XBMCLauncher as shell. Add explorer.exe as an External Application and set it to start with launcher.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - stiwi - 2013-10-28

(2013-08-21, 00:54)gkryzano Wrote: I love this idea and want to get my HTPC off the ground so I can use this as a clean startup method.

Question, can I add other programs easily to the start menu with these system changes? I want to use XBMC for all my media usage but I haven't decided if I want to launch Steam through XBMC or just launch it through the start menu as per the picture below. Can I add Steam easily right next to the XBMC launcher, shutdown, sleep, etc icons?

How can I achieve this look?

Edit: I guess I need to disable launch Explorer on XBMC exit.