Kodi Community Forum
Win XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Win XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more (/showthread.php?tid=136798)

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2014-01-05

Set the focus to be enabled always, then add your player to the external player path. This will prevent xbmc from accessing focus when external player is running.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - 03397 - 2014-01-05

(2014-01-05, 14:12)baijuxavior Wrote: Set the focus to be enabled always, then add your player to the external player path. This will prevent xbmc from accessing focus when external player is running.

It did work until I started the external player. The external player fails to play some movies that before the launcher these movies were played perfectly. For example for some movies the remote is not responding at all(this movie asks you in the beginning if you want a theatrical version or an extended version) and for a 3d movie which the vcdmount application is loaded also the movie does not start at all.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - bandook - 2014-01-06

Thanks for this! Exactly what I needed for my new win7 dedicated xbmc box. Thank you!

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - 03397 - 2014-01-08

(2014-01-05, 17:09)03397 Wrote:
(2014-01-05, 14:12)baijuxavior Wrote: Set the focus to be enabled always, then add your player to the external player path. This will prevent xbmc from accessing focus when external player is running.

It did work until I started the external player. The external player fails to play some movies that before the launcher these movies were played perfectly. For example for some movies the remote is not responding at all(this movie asks you in the beginning if you want a theatrical version or an extended version) and for a 3d movie which the vcdmount application is loaded also the movie does not start at all.

@baijuxavior
Just to let you know I change the focus delay from the 3 seconds that I had it to 10 and all the above problems were solved. I do no know why the focus of 3 seconds create a problem to the external player.

Another thing. When I said in my playercorefactory.xml for xbmc hide as true the external player does not accept any remote control commands. It is like the focus comes into play and does not take into account that the external player is launched. If I said the hide to false it works just fine.

Is this a settings or a bugHuh

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2014-01-08

Add the external player to the path for external players. If it doesn't work then you can edit the script to focus the external player instead of xbmc.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - 03397 - 2014-01-08

(2014-01-08, 13:58)baijuxavior Wrote: Add the external player to the path for external players. If it doesn't work then you can edit the script to focus the external player instead of xbmc.

The external player is added in the pahh of the external player and it works just fine.
It does not work when I set xbmc to hide when external player loads.

Which script are u talking about?

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2014-01-08

I haven't tested with xbmc hidden. You can download the source code for the launcher and edit the script to focus the external player just like xbmc.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - 03397 - 2014-01-09

(2014-01-08, 17:27)baijuxavior Wrote: I haven't tested with xbmc hidden. You can download the source code for the launcher and edit the script to focus the external player just like xbmc.
I am not very good in programming.
Can you please test and and include this minor change in one of your future versions if it is a bug??
This would be nice to have.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2014-01-09

Let me check the possibilities. Thanks.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - 03397 - 2014-01-09

(2014-01-09, 11:59)baijuxavior Wrote: Let me check the possibilities. Thanks.

Thanks baijuxavior.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - 240hpna - 2014-01-12

I have lost my custom confluence shutdown menu.

Here is my setup

Win 7
XBMC Launcher V4.0
Frodo 12.3

I upgraded from Eden to Frodo 12.3. That is when I lost the custom confluence shutdown menu. So
I uninstalled XBMC Launcher 3.1 and installed XBMC Launcher 4.0.

The DialogueButtonMenu file has been changed in C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons\skin.confluence\720p
to the new one included with XBMC Launcher.

Any ideas - it's driving me nuts !!! I've removed and installed everything several times. I'm at loss here.

Thanks

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2014-01-12

I haven't tested the code with 12.3, but it works with Gotham builds. Can you post the original dialogbutton.xml file to pastebin.com?

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - 240hpna - 2014-01-12

Below is the link to the original dialogue button.

I notice the that unlike my previous Eden backup - this one still had the .xml in the naming
convention - although I doubt that would affect anything.

http://pastebin.com/dmA1YhHf

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - 240hpna - 2014-01-13

Problem solved - for reasons I cannot explain the Userdata folder I use to clone my XBMC installs contained
the C:\Users\test\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.confluence folder as well as C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons\skin.confluence.

XBMC Launcher will change the DialogButtonMenu.xml in Program files location only. XBMC would always look in the AppData on
shutdown and use the standard shutdown menu.

I simply removed the skin.confluece folder from the AppData and all was right afterwards.

Baijuxavior - thanks for your help. Big thank you for creating XBMC Launcher - without it I couldn't have cut the cable and
still kept my family happy. Sorry for wasting your time.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Killer-JoeBR - 2014-01-19

I used xbmclaucher sucessfully with windows 7, but recently i changed to windows 8.1 and now xbmc doesn't close when i put it to sleep. So when i wake the computer it just goes to the exact same screen i was before.

I like that before when i put the pc to sleep it would close xbmc and after waking up it would start a new instance of xbmc. I prefer this way so when xbmc start bad behaving i would just put it to sleep and start again correcting any issues this way.

Is it a bug with windows 8.1 or is there something i'm missing?

Thanks