Kodi Community Forum
Pivos Xios DS - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Pivos Xios DS (/showthread.php?tid=136852)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: Pivos Xios DS - drhill - 2013-02-05

(2013-02-04, 15:52)davilla Wrote:
(2013-02-04, 13:59)solamnic Wrote: To my understanding Pivos does not support at the moment 24p and audio bitstreaming (everything is turned to stereo (including dts))..
but probably will change in the future

My question is about display quality..

Is display quality close to a pc or a media player with Sigma chipset? (dont know if anyone has compared any of those)

Your understanding is wrong Smile Audio bitstreaming of ac3/dts works like a champ right NOW. HD audio bitstreaming will be enabled once SoftAE gets fixed for HD audio.

24p is a software thing, the hardware is capable of it. BUT this SoC seems to render quite nicely and I don't really see the need for it except playing the spec's game.

As there are no Sigma chipsets running XBMC, a comparison is useless. Comparing to a PC is also useless. There, graphics cards themselves can cost 5X the cost of a Pivos box. It's like comparing the ride of a KIA to a Rolls Royce Smile There might be slight differences but the question is, do they really matter ?

It isn't just a spec game. 3:2 pulldown can be noticable depending on the scene. Also, in order to do real 3d you need 24fps support. The hdmi spec only supports 3d 1080p
@ 24 fps. I hope you eventually support 3d mvc videos as the hardware (M3) is listed as supporting it.

RE: Pivos Xios DS - josh3794 - 2013-02-05

(2013-02-05, 17:03)eljeh Wrote:
(2013-02-05, 04:36)rhmclay Wrote: EDIT: Also, what skin is everyone using with their setup? Something light, but nice looking.

Yes what are some good, light skins that people are using? I use Aeon MQ3 on my other boxes, but I find when I install it on my XIOS...it really drags it down. I'd stick with the default, but you can't set up filtered playlist..... and I use this box for my kids, so I NEED to have a smart playlist.

I found Touched or Re-Touched work well for these boxes. You can click the view button in almost every screen to change it from list to icon.
My 5 year old has no problems moving through the menus and finding his movies and shows.

RE: Pivos Xios DS - eljeh - 2013-02-05

I have re-touch running on a couple tables, I'll have to give it a try on the XIOS. I'm not too worried about my little guy navigating, give him 5 minutes and he'll have any device figured out. But thats way I need smart playlists...... I need to hide some of "Daddy's movies".

RE: Pivos Xios DS - AndroiDad75 - 2013-02-06

So, how do we get a zip file to the XIOS? I tried using cyberduck to get into the box, but it will not let me in. It says SSH_FXP_INIT

Any other ways?

RE: Pivos Xios DS - davilla - 2013-02-06

scp

I realized late last night that when I was trying to test the movies that it was trying still update the database with the movies/tv shows. Didn't realize it was going to take as long as it did. Then this evening I found out that I must have accidentally selected that all the tv shows were in one folder, so I am having to redo it. I will be checking how it does with my files once it completely loads all the movies into the database. I now understand why it was stuttering, because looking at the system status, I can see that the cpu is running at nearly 100% while loading.
(2013-02-06, 01:33)davilla Wrote: scp

Thanks Davilla for being patient. I am a complete noob with linux. If you have any good links to point me to, that would help me learn some of what I'd need to know for using the XIOS in linux, I'd appreciate it.

I put the zip on a usb drive and will try loading it that way once the database is done uploading. I don't really want to do much until that's done, since it is taking nearly 100% of the cpu right now.

scp is a way to transfer using ssh. how to use it depends on what computers you have available. google know all Smile

Yeah, I found some stuff on google for how to do scp. I guess, I just wasn't sure the exact path that I'd use for the XIOS piece.

Plus really, what I was looking for was a sort of Linux tools for dummy site Big GrinRofl

Bummer. Library loaded all up and went in and started a movie and same thing. Plays for around 10 seconds or so and then pauses for a while then plays for about 10 sec then pauses. Happens with all my HD rips.

When I look under System Status it shows that the CPU is at 40-50% without me doing anything. With it just sitting there. Is that a normal CPU usage?

CPU depends on video/audio/etc

XBMC.log is always good to see, post to www.pastebin.com and paste the URL here.

I don't generally like to debug in a general topic thread Smile Also Pivos has forums too plus nightly user builds that might already address your issues.

(2013-02-06, 03:22)davilla Wrote: CPU depends on video/audio/etc

XBMC.log is always good to see, post to www.pastebin.com and paste the URL here.

I don't generally like to debug in a general topic thread Smile Also Pivos has forums too plus nightly user builds that might already address your issues.

I wasn't watching anything, or listening to anything, but it continually stays at 40-50%

Sorry davilla, didn't mean to do a "no-no". I will try to get the log and post it somewhere on Pivos forums. I will look for some nightlies. It's weird, it happens for all my BluRay rips, but as expected is fine with DVD and my 720p tv files.

I will try to get the log file and create a username on Pivos and post there.

RE: Pivos Xios DS - discordian666 - 2013-02-06

Can the Pivos do emulators yet? Big Grin

RE: Pivos Xios DS - Ned Scott - 2013-02-06

Just about any android box can do emulators. There's a ton of them for Android, too. I recommend the .emu line of emulators.

RE: Pivos Xios DS - aurigaguga - 2013-02-06

My videos are PAL 50hz
Output 1080i60/1080p60 are not fluid
how can I set the video output to 1080i50 / 1080p50.
thanks

sorry for my english
google translation ....

(2013-02-06, 22:13)aurigaguga Wrote: My videos are PAL 50hz
Output 1080i60/1080p60 are not fluid
how can I set the video output to 1080i50 / 1080p50.
thanks

sorry for my english
google translation ....

not a clue until you give more info about what you are using.