Kodi Community Forum
Comics not working at all... Strange issue - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: Comics not working at all... Strange issue (/showthread.php?tid=137022)

Comics not working at all... Strange issue - dkplayaclub - 2012-07-27

I used to have Aeon Nox running on my old PC with full comics support, but on my new install I am having one problem after another.
My main issue with comics is that I can't get it to show up in the home menu at all, but even stranger I can't set a path for my comics. The option doesn't even show up on the menu in home customization.
I am using Aoen Nox 3.0.1 and XBMC 11. Let me know if you have any advice Smile

Comics not working at all... Strange issue - leepenny - 2012-07-27

(2012-07-27, 18:10)dkplayaclub Wrote: I used to have Aeon Nox running on my old PC with full comics support, but on my new install I am having one problem after another.
My main issue with comics is that I can't get it to show up in the home menu at all, but even stranger I can't set a path for my comics. The option doesn't even show up on the menu in home customization.
I am using Aoen Nox 3.0.1 and XBMC 11. Let me know if you have any advice Smile

add comics folder as a source in pictures then add to favourites then you can set it on comic section

Edit I dont think you have to add to favourites just add source in pics then choose path in comics

RE: Comics not working at all... Strange issue - dkplayaclub - 2012-07-27

I have my comics folder added in pictures, but I cant set the path to it for comics. Like I said, when I go to the home window customization screen and select comics no option for set path shows up. I have seen tutorial videos that show there being an option for that in the menu, but I just dont have one.

When I select comics all I get is :
- Disable/Enable
- Change Label
- Choose Widget
- Choose Background
- Custom Favorite
- Defaults

Is it just me or is something wrong with that?

RE: Comics not working at all... Strange issue - leepenny - 2012-07-27

(2012-07-27, 20:39)dkplayaclub Wrote: I have my comics folder added in pictures, but I cant set the path to it for comics. Like I said, when I go to the home window customization screen and select comics no option for set path shows up. I have seen tutorial videos that show there being an option for that in the menu, but I just dont have one.

When I select comics all I get is :
- Disable/Enable
- Change Label
- Choose Widget
- Choose Background
- Custom Favorite
- Defaults

Is it just me or is something wrong with that?

can you add the comic folder in custom favourite once added as a source in the picture section and making that source a favourite?

RE: Comics not working at all... Strange issue - dkplayaclub - 2012-07-27

OK. If I make the Comics folder a favorite then select it under Custom Favorite option I can get comics to show up in home menu. Seems a bit round about and I didn't have to do that before I'm pretty sure.
Having a problem browsing the comics now, but at least I'm one step closer to perfection.

RE: Comics not working at all... Strange issue - leepenny - 2012-07-27

(2012-07-27, 21:24)dkplayaclub Wrote: OK. If I make the Comics folder a favorite then select it under Custom Favorite option I can get comics to show up in home menu. Seems a bit round about and I didn't have to do that before I'm pretty sure.
Having a problem browsing the comics now, but at least I'm one step closer to perfection.

did you add the folder as a source in pictures THEN add that source as a favourite?
If you didnt follow those steps it wont work correctly

what is the folder structure of your comics as this works perfectly for me

RE: Comics not working at all... Strange issue - dkplayaclub - 2012-07-28

I think I am having a problem due to my folder structure. It looks like this :

COMIC BOOKS\Marvel Comics\Avengers\Volume 1\Annuals

with .cbr files inside all folders

And so on.....

When I open COMICS from the home menu I get to a menu full of blank folders that I can't even scroll through. It worked on my old PC which is why I am so peeved that it has become such a big deal all of a sudden.

RE: Comics not working at all... Strange issue - leepenny - 2012-07-28

OK lets take this step by step one last time to make sure we have done all the correct procedures (Im not being funny BTW I just want to definitley know you have followed the steps correctly as I have no issues with mine)
1. Go to pictures
2. press 'c' - add source
3. highlight comics folder and select it
4. (Comics folder should now be added as a source)
5. Highlight comics folder and press 'c'
6. Choose add to favourites
7. Go to settings page - home menu customization
8. Select comics section
9. Go to custom Favourite and add the comics folder
10. Voila (Hopefully - Works on mine)

The folder structure isnt a problem by the looks of it although mine are

COMICS\(superhero name)\cbr file

but if this has been added as a favourite in pictures it shouldnt affect the folder structure not showing your files.

RE: Comics not working at all... Strange issue - fional - 2012-07-28

Leepenny's step by step should work.

If you're still having trouble, wait a couple days and upgrade to 3.5.

In 3.5 you can follow the tutorial video, as the option to set the comic path only exists in 3.5.

Good luck!

RE: Comics not working at all... Strange issue - phil65 - 2012-07-29

just for info: i recommend to use the available comics main menu item, don´t create a custom one. reason is that you eventually won´t have the correct viewtypes when using a custom main menu entry.

RE: Comics not working at all... Strange issue - dkplayaclub - 2012-08-02

OK. Seems to be working finally. Thanks for everyone's help. Unfortunately it only worked after a reinstall of XBMC.

Now I'm just having a few scans that won't open, but are fine in CDisplay. Gonna look into a way to integrate another reader into XBMC. Would be nice to have zoom and a few other nice options. The built in reader is a bit limited.

RE: Comics not working at all... Strange issue - leepenny - 2012-08-02

(2012-08-02, 05:24)dkplayaclub Wrote: OK. Seems to be working finally. Thanks for everyone's help. Unfortunately it only worked after a reinstall of XBMC.

Now I'm just having a few scans that won't open, but are fine in CDisplay. Gonna look into a way to integrate another reader into XBMC. Would be nice to have zoom and a few other nice options. The built in reader is a bit limited.

havent had any issues with my comics
To zoom use the number keys '0' for original size & lef and right arrow keys for up/down page

(2012-08-02, 14:11)leepenny Wrote:
(2012-08-02, 05:24)dkplayaclub Wrote: OK. Seems to be working finally. Thanks for everyone's help. Unfortunately it only worked after a reinstall of XBMC.

havent had any issues with my comics
To zoom use the number keys '0' for original size & lef and right arrow keys for up/down page

if youre using windows try advanced launcher with a comic reader (just another option for you)