Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 3.5 (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 3.5 (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=137478)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 3.5 - mikebzh44 - 2012-09-05

Customize TV Shows menu with Live DVD Case for background.

BTW, I can get TV Show thumbnails only with Recommanded (TV) but get only one case populated even if my library is filled with 4 TV Shows. And if I make a smart playlist for displaying my TV Shows and use Movie playlist, cases are populated with thumbnails from an other smart playlist but not the one I use for the menu.

Is it a bug ?

PS : I'm running Aeon Nox 3.6

video playback choppy & not synced with audio - eoghan - 2012-09-05

When i watch a movie and then press backup to the movie library the small window doesnt play the movie right.It lags and audio isn't synced. Anything i can do fix this. This happens in transparency too

RE: video playback choppy & not synced with audio - phil65 - 2012-09-05

(2012-09-05, 19:08)eoghan Wrote: When i watch a movie and then press backup to the movie library the small window doesnt play the movie right.It lags and audio isn't synced. Anything i can do fix this. This happens in transparency too

you can try dirty regions for example, but with an atom it´s unlikely that you´ll get a perfect experience.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 3.5 - eoghan - 2012-09-05

I have that already.Thanks tho. I was hopin it wasnt down to my system. Wish i had got somethin better

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 3.5 - rolapinou - 2012-09-05

(2012-09-05, 00:22)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-09-04, 23:56)rolapinou Wrote: Hi all

I've two little issues but I'm not sure they are skin related.

FIRST :

I'm using the "Random Episodes" Background to personalize my main menu for 2 personalised menu : TV-Shows and TV-Shows Kids.
Both menus corresponds to separate video playlists with TV shows, for parents and for kids.

I realised that one of the kid's show was missing the fanart.jpg file inside the folder corresponding to the show so sometimes (when the "random episodes" widget decides so) I have a blank fanart.
I added the fanart.jpg file in the right place and restart XBMC but the background remains blank.
I suppose the image is stored somewhere in a cache folder but can't find out where.

SECOND :

For music, I'm using the "Random Albums" widget and the "Live CD cases" background and it works fine. My question is that : why do I don't have any info displayed in the middle of the view, dispite I have an album.nfo file for each album containing info.

Thanks for your help and for your incredible work !
first one: you can set fanart by using info dialog.
second one: should be fixed now on git.

Thanks Phil for your advices.
Everything is fine using the Git version of the skin.
I realised I was running the "official" 3.5 version from the official repo instead of the Git version from passion repo.
I imagine that kind of bug (the second I mentionned) would be fixed when 3.6 would go "official", right ?

I noticed another problem, not sure it is skin related.

I can't refresh the "result" of a widget that should give random items among a playlist such as Random Movies (VPL) or Random Episodes (VPL)

Here are some details :

I'm using two smartplaylists : one for kids-movies (path to kids-movies directory) and one for parents-movies.

I created Custom Menus for the main-screen linked to the two smartplaylists above, and with the following settings :

Contrarly to indicated on the screenshot, I did choose the "Random Movies (VPL)" widget, and not the "Random Movies" widget.

The widget is working fine but it's impossible to refresh the contain of the list.

If I switch to the "Random Movies" widget, the list can be refreshed but obviously, there are movies from outside the smartplaylist.

This goes exactly the same with Random Episodes.

Is it "normal" or a well known problem or is there something wrong on my side ?

Thanks for your answers

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 3.5 - stumpalump - 2012-09-05

I can't find the thread for wip 3.6 so I'll post here. Recently having strange behavior with xbmc freezing. It only happens after i go into file view and try to leave. It loads file list fine and i can browse but when i press back it freezes. Also i can manually add a movie to library and it will scrape fine and drop back to video info, but when i press back it freezes. I think this is the relevant part of the log.

15:17:29 T:2989619648 WARNING: Trying to add unsupported control type 1
15:17:34 T:2884713280 WARNING: FillBuffer: curl failed with code 22
15:17:34 T:2884713280 ERROR: CFileCurl::CReadState::Open, didn't get any data from stream.
15:17:34 T:2884713280 ERROR: Run: Unable to parse web site
15:18:55 T:2737793856 NOTICE: ES: Client from 192.168.1.3 timed out

Can someone help me decode this and shed some light on whether this could be skin related or xbmc itself? Thanks in advance.

Edit: After more research, i realized there is a problem with TheMovieDB scraper right now and this was not skin related.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 3.5 - phil65 - 2012-09-06

(2012-09-05, 21:33)rolapinou Wrote:
(2012-09-05, 00:22)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-09-04, 23:56)rolapinou Wrote: Hi all

I've two little issues but I'm not sure they are skin related.

FIRST :

I'm using the "Random Episodes" Background to personalize my main menu for 2 personalised menu : TV-Shows and TV-Shows Kids.
Both menus corresponds to separate video playlists with TV shows, for parents and for kids.

I realised that one of the kid's show was missing the fanart.jpg file inside the folder corresponding to the show so sometimes (when the "random episodes" widget decides so) I have a blank fanart.
I added the fanart.jpg file in the right place and restart XBMC but the background remains blank.
I suppose the image is stored somewhere in a cache folder but can't find out where.

SECOND :

For music, I'm using the "Random Albums" widget and the "Live CD cases" background and it works fine. My question is that : why do I don't have any info displayed in the middle of the view, dispite I have an album.nfo file for each album containing info.

Thanks for your help and for your incredible work !
first one: you can set fanart by using info dialog.
second one: should be fixed now on git.

Thanks Phil for your advices.
Everything is fine using the Git version of the skin.
I realised I was running the "official" 3.5 version from the official repo instead of the Git version from passion repo.
I imagine that kind of bug (the second I mentionned) would be fixed when 3.6 would go "official", right ?

I noticed another problem, not sure it is skin related.

I can't refresh the "result" of a widget that should give random items among a playlist such as Random Movies (VPL) or Random Episodes (VPL)

Here are some details :

I'm using two smartplaylists : one for kids-movies (path to kids-movies directory) and one for parents-movies.

I created Custom Menus for the main-screen linked to the two smartplaylists above, and with the following settings :

Contrarly to indicated on the screenshot, I did choose the "Random Movies (VPL)" widget, and not the "Random Movies" widget.

The widget is working fine but it's impossible to refresh the contain of the list.

If I switch to the "Random Movies" widget, the list can be refreshed but obviously, there are movies from outside the smartplaylist.

This goes exactly the same with Random Episodes.

Is it "normal" or a well known problem or is there something wrong on my side ?

Thanks for your answers

if you want them to refresh every time you enter home, there is an option for that in main menu customizer when pressing up.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 3.5 - mikebzh44 - 2012-09-06

@rolapinou : The option to set is "Always randomize Random Widget Items" ("Toujours actualiser le widget aléatoire" for french)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 3.5 - rolapinou - 2012-09-06

(2012-09-06, 09:20)mikebzh44 Wrote: @rolapinou : The option to set is "Always randomize Random Widget Items" ("Toujours actualiser le widget aléatoire" for french)

Thanks for your replies, both of you.
I have checked the box corresponding to set that option and the automatic random works. When back on the main screen, the random movie list changes.
The refresh issue that I face is when trying to refresh manually the list of random items.
Pressing the Up arrow and then the right arrow, I manage to refresh manually the list of random item when using the random movies widget but NOT when using the Random Movies VPL widget.

Here is a screenshot :

I hope I am now more clear!

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 3.5 - GrendelJapan - 2012-09-06

(2012-09-04, 11:07)Big_Noid Wrote: @pricinosus: You can set fixed list for submenu in home menu customizer to resolve this.

@GrendelJapan: Just tried a few combos, but can't reproduce. It would be a help to me if you could post the contents of your skinsettings section in the guisettings.xml.

@Hack_kid: I can't reproduce the missing thumbs problem, but I doubt it is a skin specific problem. Same goes for the artist info, that is likely a script fault, we only call the script and display the infolabels, nothing we can fix whn it doesnt work after a few songs.

Here is a copy of my guisettings.xml file: http://pastebin.com/7bpcJrPz

Per adr3nal1n's response, I renamed my guisettings.xml file and rebooted and it appears to have resolved the situation, although I had to customize everything all over again.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 3.5 - gnolan - 2012-09-07

Thanks for the response and sorry for the delay in replying. I've looked around for the defaults.xml file and can't find it anywhere. I've been looking in the userdata folder but to no avail. Any help on where to find this file?

(2012-08-31, 13:44)Big_Noid Wrote:
(2012-08-31, 13:24)gnolan Wrote: I thought i might stick this is here too - it's not meant as a criticism in any way just to be clear.

Just downloaded 3.5 today and think it's great, a huge improvement on 1.7.0 which i was using previously.

I'd like to make a suggestion regarding the randomized backgrounds for each menu item. This is something i've been looking for for a long time. One of my gripes (if you could call it that) is that the random loop seems to have only 8 items in it so it's really not very long before you're back to the start again.

On the same note, the random loop resets itself each time you navigate away from the main menu (home screen) and restarts again when you return to the home screen. It would be nice if the loop paused while the user was away from it and resumed upon their return.

If i was being really anal I think it would be great to give the user control over how many images would be in each loop and how long they'd be displayed for! Either that or make each array of images as big as the number of Movie / TV fanart images.

Those would be my suggestions but I think the skin is fantastic.
Look for artwork organizer. Split your fanart and point to the respective directories as background folders. To determine how long the loop is you would have to code that yourself, because theres no easy way to make that user configurable. Right now the loop time is 7 sec. If you go to defaults.xml and look for <timeperimage> you can change it to what you want and it will apply to most of the background images in the skin.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 3.5 - phil65 - 2012-09-07

(2012-09-07, 00:09)gnolan Wrote: Thanks for the response and sorry for the delay in replying. I've looked around for the defaults.xml file and can't find it anywhere. I've been looking in the userdata folder but to no avail. Any help on where to find this file?

(2012-08-31, 13:44)Big_Noid Wrote:
(2012-08-31, 13:24)gnolan Wrote: I thought i might stick this is here too - it's not meant as a criticism in any way just to be clear.

Just downloaded 3.5 today and think it's great, a huge improvement on 1.7.0 which i was using previously.

I'd like to make a suggestion regarding the randomized backgrounds for each menu item. This is something i've been looking for for a long time. One of my gripes (if you could call it that) is that the random loop seems to have only 8 items in it so it's really not very long before you're back to the start again.

On the same note, the random loop resets itself each time you navigate away from the main menu (home screen) and restarts again when you return to the home screen. It would be nice if the loop paused while the user was away from it and resumed upon their return.

If i was being really anal I think it would be great to give the user control over how many images would be in each loop and how long they'd be displayed for! Either that or make each array of images as big as the number of Movie / TV fanart images.

Those would be my suggestions but I think the skin is fantastic.
Look for artwork organizer. Split your fanart and point to the respective directories as background folders. To determine how long the loop is you would have to code that yourself, because theres no easy way to make that user configurable. Right now the loop time is 7 sec. If you go to defaults.xml and look for <timeperimage> you can change it to what you want and it will apply to most of the background images in the skin.

skin.aeon.nox/1080i

Quote:skin.aeon.nox/1080i

Thanks again but the folder structure seems to be different for me. That folder, which I believe should be in Users\%userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\ or something close to that, doesn't exist for me. I have no XBMC folder inside my Roaming folder. I can SAMBA to a userdata folder (on my OPENELEC USB stick) which has a few xml files in it, like guisettings.xml for example, but there is no sight of any Aeon Nox folder.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 3.5 - phil65 - 2012-09-07

/storage/.xbmc/addons/skin.aeon.nox/1080i i think.

(2012-09-07, 01:30)phil65 Wrote: /storage/.xbmc/addons/skin.aeon.nox/1080i i think.

Thanks Phil. The reason i couldn't see it was that folder was hidden. In case anyone else comes across the same problem i edited the samba.conf file and appended the following:

Code:
[XBMC]
  path = /storage/.xbmc
  available = yes
  browsable = yes
  public = yes
  writable = yes
  root preexec = mkdir -p /storage/.xbmc

Thanks again.