Kodi Community Forum
Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread (/showthread.php?tid=137540)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

RE: Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread - thrak76 - 2012-08-23

That gradient's spot on now. Looks nice. I wonder does it take color from area color settings, or does it stay as is?

RE: Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread - Deano316 - 2012-08-23

(2012-08-23, 20:20)thrak76 Wrote: That gradient's spot on now. Looks nice. I wonder does it take color from area color settings, or does it stay as is?

Good question. Don't have an answer for you unfortunately. If it does it's not by design Confused Gradient does look good doesn't it, gives the view a little extra Cool

RE: Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread - phil65 - 2012-08-23

(2012-08-23, 21:29)Deano316 Wrote:
(2012-08-23, 20:20)thrak76 Wrote: That gradient's spot on now. Looks nice. I wonder does it take color from area color settings, or does it stay as is?

Good question. Don't have an answer for you unfortunately. If it does it's not by design Confused Gradient does look good doesn't it, gives the view a little extra Cool

stays at is. can be colored with <colordiffuse> tag (won´t have any effect on completely black textures though)

RE: Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread - Kokonutcreme - 2012-08-23

Looks awesome Deano great stuff

RE: Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread - Chris1965 - 2012-08-24

Very nice and great modSmile
A short question, on page 5 of this thread you have a short conversation about the IMDB Logo and rating.
Was it not possible to include or don´t want anybody this feature?

Or did I only not found?
Thanks

Chris1965

RE: Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread - Deano316 - 2012-08-24

(2012-08-24, 00:22)Chris1965 Wrote: Very nice and great modSmile
A short question, on page 5 of this thread you have a short conversation about the IMDB Logo and rating.
Was it not possible to include or don´t want anybody this feature?

Or did I only not found?
Thanks

Chris1965

I just decided it wasn't necessary. But it may return in a future view......Wink

Right guys, aside from a few minor tweaks you may want to make for your personal preference, this is v.1 complete!! The bigger MPAA ratings flags were dropped at the last minute as the point was fairly made several times that it unbalanced the view. I tried for a while but couldn't make them work adequately so they had to go. If you liked them then fear not, they will return!!

I'll provide you with the full .xmls where possible to save you having to wade through too much code. Sorry if I'm repeating anything for those that already know, but there may be a few who have just stumbled across this thread so I'll need to get them up to speed. I'm assuming you're starting with a normal version of Nox.

Now the only proviso with this mod is that I changed the default tagline font to Univers 59 Ultra Condensed, so unless you have that or obtain it your screens won't exactly match mine. If you do get it simply drop the font into: Nox > fonts.

To use or try your own font you need to edit Tagline_Info_Caps which can be found around line 312 in the font.xml. Change the filename to the font of your choice. If you'd rather keep the default, you'll need to make a small change which can be found a bit further on.

Fonts.xml: http://pastebin.com/Wsu2MadU

Next you'll need this .png: Image

Place the png in Nox > media > home and rename it if necessary to htpc_guy.png. If the folder 'home' isn't there just create it but be sure to keep the name lower case.

To keep the default text, change the code between lines 257-268 in your Viewtype_Landscape.xml:

Code:
<control type="image">
                <posx>0</posx>
                <posy>0</posy>
                <width>1920</width>
                <height>57</height>
                <texture>home/htpc_guy.png</texture>
                <colordiffuse>$VAR[ExtendedColorVar]</colordiffuse>
                <animation effect="slide" start="0,-100" end="0" time="400" tween="cubic" easing="out">VisibleChange</animation>
                <animation effect="fade" end="70" time="0" condition="true">Conditional</animation>
                <visible>![Container.Content(movies) + IsEmpty(ListItem.TagLine)]</visible>
                <visible>Skin.HasSetting(landscapeonelogo) + [Container.Content(tvshows) | Container.Content(movies)]</visible>
            </control>

If not, Viewtype_Landscape.xml: http://pastebin.com/1XiNSYQW

Next up is Includes_Viewtypes.xml: http://pastebin.com/8miFAYa4

Lastly, this is ONLY if you want the tooltip removed but want to keep functionality. In Includes_MediaMenu.xml, around line 214 you will see "<include name="Media_Menu_Tooltip">". Simply deleting the next three textures below that will do the trick. Here is the xml anyway, but at least now you know how:

Includes_MediaMenu.xml: http://pastebin.com/gFSrnkFC

That should be it. All being well you should have something that looks like this:

Hope you all enjoy the mod, I know I will. Have to say thanks to Phil and Big Noid for their ongoing assistance and their willingness to listen. Also to defluo and CutSickAss for the coding support, htpc_guy for the new gradient, thrak76 for putting me on this thread in the first place and Shinu for starting it. Lastly, thanks to all of you guys for the feedback, if I don't know where I'm going wrong I can't put it right.

I already have a few great ideas for a few more views, so no doubt I'll be back bothering you all again real soon. If you're reading Phil or Noid, how about we have the lowered floor gradient and the new tagline gradient added to Nox?

As always any problems, criticism, or feedback, please post below Big Grin

RE: Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread - phil65 - 2012-08-24

nice work.
i don´t really use that view (can´t really get used to viewtypes which only show one item at once), but it really looks very clean and is pretty unique in xbmc skinning world.
lower floor gradient sound reasonable. tag gradient would be fine with me, too (although i´m sure that it can be done without adding a new texture)
best way imo is probably to use the top gradient when floor gradient is active, else the texture which is shown at this moment.
be cautious with your fonts mod because the font is used at a lot of other places, too. better way is to define a new font in font.xml.

(2012-08-24, 02:15)phil65 Wrote: nice work.
i don´t really use that view (can´t really get used to viewtypes which only show one item at once), but it really looks very clean and is pretty unique in xbmc skinning world.
lower floor gradient sound reasonable. tag gradient would be fine with me, too (although i´m sure that it can be done without adding a new texture)
best way imo is probably to use the top gradient when floor gradient is active, else the texture which is shown at this moment.
be cautious with your fonts mod because the font is used at a lot of other places, too. better way is to define a new font in font.xml.

Thanks for the tip, I'll alter that later. Very happy with the view ATM, great start and still have a few ideas which could improve it in the future. Another reason for people to have Nox as thier first choice skin Big Grin

Glad you've agreed to add those changes, really finishes it off IMO. Thanks bro.

RE: Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread - phil65 - 2012-08-24

(2012-08-24, 17:29)Deano316 Wrote:

Thanks for the tip, I'll alter that later. Very happy with the view ATM, great start and still have a few ideas which could improve it in the future. Another reason for people to have Nox as thier first choice skin Big Grin

Glad you've agreed to add those changes, really finishes it off IMO. Thanks bro.

i said it would be fine with ME. that´s only 50% Wink

(2012-08-24, 17:46)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-08-24, 17:29)Deano316 Wrote:

i said it would be fine with ME. that´s only 50% Wink

Ha ha Big Grin Fair point. 50% is a good start!Rofl

RE: Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread - realcopacetic - 2012-08-24

Awesome thanks Deano, what do I need to do to remove the bit at the top on the tv shows view about number of episodes and unaired episodes?

RE: Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread - thrak76 - 2012-08-24

Go to:

System--> Skin --> Customizers --> Customize top bar --> Disable top bar (or play around with the options)

(2012-08-24, 20:54)QuizKid Wrote: Awesome thanks Deano, what do I need to do to remove the bit at the top on the tv shows view about number of episodes and unaired episodes?

Can't get to my pc for a few hours now bro. As soon as I can I'll post the solution for you Wink

RE: Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread - ArieS - 2012-08-24

Hello all,

What is the Windows 7 command to shut down the computer rather than just exit XBMC please (or where to find it)?
I would like to use that with MCEControl when I'm not using XBMC.
Thanks.