Kodi Community Forum
Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread (/showthread.php?tid=137540)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

RE: Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread - realcopacetic - 2012-09-08

(2012-09-08, 21:39)Deano316 Wrote:
(2012-09-08, 19:32)QuizKid Wrote: Fanart.tv have started producing higher-res movie logos, which work great with this view and the nox skin in general. I've started making a few of them and there's already a couple of hundred up.

One thing to consider though. As per the rules of the new image type, these logos are not bottom-aligned like the SD logos, so some of them will probably appear to be floating a bit above the media flags. I just thought I'd mention this to see what people think. It might be that it doesn't make much of a difference or it could be that this is something not worth thinking about just yet. Anyways...

HR movie and TV logos are looking great so far!! As I primarily use landscape single-logo it doesn't matter much to me if they're bottom-aligned or not. Can't see it becoming a problem TBH as the logos aren't really considered another media flag because they vary in height and width so much. If anything it may be advantageous having them 'float' slightly. If it bothers anyone that much, they can always re-align them. If you look at a movie like Men In Black 3, you'll see how good logos look when all of their real estate is used.

The new logos have inspired me, I may make a start on a some redesigns for a few of the views next week. Cool

By the way, the bbfc ratings look great. Loving the tagline font Wink

Yeah you're right, most of them look kick-ass, especially when the logo fills the whole area:

RE: Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread - wy2sl0 - 2012-09-09

I want to say thanks to the designer of this Mod. I have come from WMC and Media Browser over to XBMC and this skin on my own HTPC and two others I built in the past week for my family.

I was trying to be independant and search/learn where to edit on the fonts.xml file, but I can't seem to find it. We are all using the InfoWall view for our movies, but find the font a little large in that we can all easily see (60" TV+) the text but could use it a little smaller to fit more of the plot/outline. If anyone could direct me to where I can change the font size I would be eternally grateful. I have changed a few Font_Info entries to no avail.

RE: Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread - Kokonutcreme - 2012-09-10

(2012-09-08, 22:49)QuizKid Wrote:
(2012-09-08, 21:39)Deano316 Wrote:
(2012-09-08, 19:32)QuizKid Wrote: Fanart.tv have started producing higher-res movie logos, which work great with this view and the nox skin in general. I've started making a few of them and there's already a couple of hundred up.

One thing to consider though. As per the rules of the new image type, these logos are not bottom-aligned like the SD logos, so some of them will probably appear to be floating a bit above the media flags. I just thought I'd mention this to see what people think. It might be that it doesn't make much of a difference or it could be that this is something not worth thinking about just yet. Anyways...

HR movie and TV logos are looking great so far!! As I primarily use landscape single-logo it doesn't matter much to me if they're bottom-aligned or not. Can't see it becoming a problem TBH as the logos aren't really considered another media flag because they vary in height and width so much. If anything it may be advantageous having them 'float' slightly. If it bothers anyone that much, they can always re-align them. If you look at a movie like Men In Black 3, you'll see how good logos look when all of their real estate is used.

The new logos have inspired me, I may make a start on a some redesigns for a few of the views next week. Cool

By the way, the bbfc ratings look great. Loving the tagline font Wink

Yeah you're right, most of them look kick-ass, especially when the logo fills the whole area:

@QuizKid out of curiosity how did you achieve the BBFC logos displaying? I know you can configure Universal Scraper to use Australian certification ratings instead of the default mpaa but could never display the Oz certificates.

@deano, initially I thought I wouldn't bother with tidying up studio flags and taglines after using the single logo landscape view but now it annoys me to the point of distraction and for the past two weeks have been painstakingly editing nfo files for offending movies and updating logos and clearart files with the higher res copies as well. And now we have banners and landscape jpgs available for movies as well. So I hope you take this in the right way but damn you to hell ha ha ha!!! Big Grin

RE: Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread - Deano316 - 2012-09-10

(2012-09-10, 05:39)Kokonutcreme Wrote: @deano, initially I thought I wouldn't bother with tidying up studio flags and taglines after using the single logo landscape view but now it annoys me to the point of distraction and for the past two weeks have been painstakingly editing nfo files for offending movies and updating logos and clearart files with the higher res copies as well. And now we have banners and landscape jpgs available for movies as well. So I hope you take this in the right way but damn you to hell ha ha ha!!! Big Grin

Rofl Rofl

RE: Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread - Mman - 2012-09-13

I'm having trouble getting your mod to work Deano. Do I need to be using a specific version of the SVN aeon nox?

RE: Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread - phil65 - 2012-09-13

it´s included in GIT version. will appear in on the repo in the very near future though, so you can also just wait a bit.

RE: Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread - Mman - 2012-09-13

Thanks phil, I just pushed the GIT version. Looks great, especially with the HD logos.

RE: Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread - realcopacetic - 2012-09-13

(2012-09-10, 05:39)Kokonutcreme Wrote: @QuizKid out of curiosity how did you achieve the BBFC logos displaying? I know you can configure Universal Scraper to use Australian certification ratings instead of the default mpaa but could never display the Oz certificates.

I had to set up the Universal scraper to scrape the UK ratings, but add the prefix "UK:" so the value for the MPAA tag is, for example, UK:15. The BBFC ratings flags were already included in the skin though, not sure what other languages are included. I have the unpacked version of the skin and you can find the ratings flags in Nox's Media\Flags\Rating directory.

RE: Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread - DjCisco - 2012-09-25

Hi Everybody,

I am looking for some help modifying the episode view.
I use the episode view to browse the music artists category in my music collection. When using the episode view the thumb of the artist currently selected is displayed. I wish for the thumb to not be displayed.

any help on the subject is greatly appreciated.

RE: Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread - braz - 2012-09-28

Been tinkering with the theme files, modified the global search screen by replacing the spinning globe with Nox's busy graphic. Also moved the breadcrumb to the middle of the screen and made it bigger.

I also modded the Hardware tab on the System page to match the other tabs:

I'll post the code if anyone is interested...

RE: Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread - evilcult - 2012-10-05

I skimmed through this topic, but did not see anything, hopefully i have not missed it.

I have made 2 smart playlists, one for Kids Movies, and one for Movies(which excludes kids movies), i then made custom menus on the home screen for them, what i would like to have, is the library stats, for these 2 custom menu's (xx Number of Movies, xx unplayed)

RE: Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread - DoctorDyna - 2012-10-05

Going to steal Evilcult's first line and say I searched this topic, but I don't think my question has been covered. I started a thread about it, but it seems like the behavior I want to change is intended, so..here we go!

I'd like to know if it's possible to make it so that "now playing music fanart" shows while browsing. If I'm playing an album or song, I get the revolving artist fanart on the home screen as a background, or when I hit tab, however if I select "Music" again to start browsing, it goes back to the default tapedeck -> speaker images.

Is there something that can be changed that will let "now playing" fanart be displayed while browsing?

RE: Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread - braz - 2012-10-05

(2012-10-05, 13:49)DoctorDyna Wrote: Going to steal Evilcult's first line and say I searched this topic, but I don't think my question has been covered. I started a thread about it, but it seems like the behavior I want to change is intended, so..here we go!

I'd like to know if it's possible to make it so that "now playing music fanart" shows while browsing. If I'm playing an album or song, I get the revolving artist fanart on the home screen as a background, or when I hit tab, however if I select "Music" again to start browsing, it goes back to the default tapedeck -> speaker images.

Is there something that can be changed that will let "now playing" fanart be displayed while browsing?

What would happen when you browse artists, you would no longer see the artist fanart, but rather the now playing fanart? I'd rather see it stay the way it is.

RE: Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread - DoctorDyna - 2012-10-05

(2012-10-05, 19:25)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2012-10-05, 13:49)DoctorDyna Wrote: Going to steal Evilcult's first line and say I searched this topic, but I don't think my question has been covered. I started a thread about it, but it seems like the behavior I want to change is intended, so..here we go!

What would happen when you browse artists, you would no longer see the artist fanart, but rather the now playing fanart? I'd rather see it stay the way it is.

I'm talking about just browsing files. I have all my music pretty meticulously sorted into album folders so I usually browse just "files" rather than the library. I wouldn't mind if it changed to whatever was at the cursor, but the behavior of showing me an old tapedeck as soon as I go into music browsing is a little blah.

Edit: I guess what I'm looking for is for "files" browsing to look like "library" browsing.

RE: Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread - braz - 2012-10-06

(2012-10-05, 19:37)DoctorDyna Wrote:
(2012-10-05, 19:25)bryanbrazil Wrote:

I'm talking about just browsing files. I have all my music pretty meticulously sorted into album folders so I usually browse just "files" rather than the library. I wouldn't mind if it changed to whatever was at the cursor, but the behavior of showing me an old tapedeck as soon as I go into music browsing is a little blah.

Edit: I guess what I'm looking for is for "files" browsing to look like "library" browsing.

Got it, I guess I never browse my music from Files.

I really like the size and position of the posters in the Infowall viewtype (with no background panel), so I modified the Wall viewtype so the posters sizes match. This makes the fanart a little more visible too.