Kodi Community Forum
Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread (/showthread.php?tid=137540)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

RE: Nox 3.0 Modding Thread - Deano316 - 2012-07-04

(2012-07-04, 19:43)Flomaster Wrote: for the trailer mod I don't seem to have a includes_media.xml I have includes_MediaMenu.xml and includes_MediaFlags.xml I found that tool_tip line in the MediaMenu.xml and on my MyVideoNav.xml line 66 looks like this
Code:
<visible>Control.IsVisible(513) | Control.IsVisible(509)</visible
do I remove only the second portion from "| Control.IsVisble(509)"

-=Jason=-

Will post my completed .xmls for you, shinu and others to check against in a couple of hours. Can't get to my pc before then Confused

RE: Nox 3.0 Modding Thread - thrak76 - 2012-07-04

(2012-07-04, 19:42)Deano316 Wrote: Image

I still have to play around with font size, upper or lower case and the placement of the existing logos. Just wanted some initial impressions?

I like this idea. I thought the tagline was a bit small in comparison to the logo. I think all caps would be okay for the taglines, as most of them are pretty short phrases. I guess it's a fine line between big enough but not too big to detract from the logo.

So this font change would only affect the tagline, and nothing else anywhere?

(2012-07-04, 19:56)thrak76 Wrote:

I still have to play around with font size, upper or lower case and the placement of the existing logos. Just wanted some initial impressions?

I like this idea. I thought the tagline was a bit small in comparison to the logo. I think all caps would be okay for the taglines, as most of them are pretty short phrases. I guess it's a fine line between big enough but not too big to detract from the logo.

At first I thought I might have to sacrifice some text somewhere else, but I think I've found a way around it Smile With regards to the font itself, after having a look around the 'net the consensus is that this particular font is the closest to the one found at the bottom of movie posters so it seemed the obvious choice. Thanks for the input.

RE: Nox 3.0 Modding Thread - phil65 - 2012-07-04

(2012-07-04, 20:06)Deano316 Wrote:
(2012-07-04, 19:56)thrak76 Wrote:

At first I thought I might have to sacrifice some text somewhere else, but I think I've found a way around it Smile With regards to the font itself, after having a look around the 'net the consensus is that this particular font is the closest to the one found at the bottom of movie posters so it seemed the obvious choice. Thanks for the input.

if you want to uppercase it:
<label>[UPPERCASE] ... [/UPPERCASE]</label>

(2012-07-04, 20:13)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-07-04, 20:06)Deano316 Wrote:
(2012-07-04, 19:56)thrak76 Wrote: I like this idea. I thought the tagline was a bit small in comparison to the logo. I think all caps would be okay for the taglines, as most of them are pretty short phrases. I guess it's a fine line between big enough but not too big to detract from the logo.

if you want to uppercase it:
<label>[UPPERCASE] ... [/UPPERCASE]</label>

YES!!! Big Grin I knew it would be simple! Big Grin

Okay guys, as promised:

Includes_MediaMenu.xml

http://pastebin.com/hLySGBvK

Includes_Viewtypes.xml

http://pastebin.com/QmsrX1h1

MyVideoNav.xml

http://pastebin.com/GjwKGQ0Z

Viewtype_Landscape.xml

http://pastebin.com/b9AL1798

Will post my taglines font mod when it's complete. Here's where I'm at so far, does anyone think the font is too small?

As always, any and all input is appreciated.

RE: Nox 3.0 Modding Thread - Flomaster - 2012-07-04

for me the font is to small I need glasses and have lost them mowing the yard, so bigger is better lol... but yeah it looks a little small.

-=jason=-

question: once i makes changes I can no longer "Git Pull" what is the best way to go about getting updates but not over writing my mods?

-=jason=-

(2012-07-04, 22:35)Flomaster Wrote: question: once i makes changes I can no longer "Git Pull" what is the best way to go about getting updates but not over writing my mods?

-=jason=-

Make copies of the relevant .xmls, when you have updated copy and paste them over the updated ones. Most of the updates recently have been to the main xmls so it shouldn't be a problem. If you update daily, it might be an idea to manually edit the latest xmls once a week. That way you should get any new additions from Nox and still have your mods. Wink

The fonts size is a difficult one. If the font is too big, it takes away from the logo. If its too small, it's unreadable. I have my XBMC on a 50" so it seems an ok size to me, but when I post the code I'll point out the part which contains font size. That way you can alter it accordingly.

(2012-07-04, 22:45)Deano316 Wrote:
(2012-07-04, 22:35)Flomaster Wrote: question: once i makes changes I can no longer "Git Pull" what is the best way to go about getting updates but not over writing my mods?

-=jason=-

Make copies of the relevant .xmls, when you have updated copy and paste them over the updated ones. Most of the updates recently have been to the main xmls so it shouldn't be a problem. If you update daily, it might be an idea to manually edit the latest xmls once a week. That way you should get any new additions from Nox and still have your mods. Wink

Sweet...

Deano what do you do about movie sets? I can't seem to get a logo there and just end up with a little xbmc square.

-=Jason=-

(2012-07-04, 22:49)Flomaster Wrote:
(2012-07-04, 22:45)Deano316 Wrote:

-=jason=-

Sweet...

Deano what do you do about movie sets? I can't seem to get a logo there and just end up with a little xbmc square.

-=Jason=-

In short, nothing Confused Until we find someone to code a fix, there won't be movie set logos Sad there is a thread about it.

RE: Nox 3.0 Modding Thread - phil65 - 2012-07-04

(2012-07-04, 22:52)Deano316 Wrote:
(2012-07-04, 22:49)Flomaster Wrote:
(2012-07-04, 22:45)Deano316 Wrote: Make copies of the relevant .xmls, when you have updated copy and paste them over the updated ones. Most of the updates recently have been to the main xmls so it shouldn't be a problem. If you update daily, it might be an idea to manually edit the latest xmls once a week. That way you should get any new additions from Nox and still have your mods. Wink

Sweet...

-=Jason=-

In short, nothing Confused Until we find someone to code a fix, there won't be movie set logos Sad there is a thread about it.

codewise it would be easy. would need a button to store another path somewhere and then another texture control (same dimensions / position as the other one)
with <texture background="true">$INFO[Skin.String(MovieSetLogosPath)]$INFO[ListItem.Path,,/logo.png]</texture>
and <visible>ListItem.IsFolder</visible>
won´t implement that though Wink

RE: Nox 3.0 Modding Thread - thrak76 - 2012-07-05

(2012-07-04, 23:01)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-07-04, 22:52)Deano316 Wrote:
(2012-07-04, 22:49)Flomaster Wrote: Sweet...

-=Jason=-

codewise it would be easy. would need a button to store another path somewhere and then another texture control (same dimensions / position as the other one)
with <texture background="true">$INFO[Skin.String(MovieSetLogosPath)]$INFO[ListItem.Path,,/logo.png]</texture>

Now you're just teasing us! Laugh

RE: Nox 3.0 Modding Thread - phil65 - 2012-07-05

(2012-07-05, 00:14)thrak76 Wrote:
(2012-07-04, 23:01)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-07-04, 22:52)Deano316 Wrote: In short, nothing Confused Until we find someone to code a fix, there won't be movie set logos Sad there is a thread about it.

Now you're just teasing us! Laugh

i want you to learn a bit Wink

Re: RE: Nox 3.0 Modding Thread - Martijn - 2012-07-05

<texture background="true">$INFO[Skin.String(MovieSetLogosPath)]$INFO[ListItem.Titel,,.png]</texture>
Would fit better.
What advantage would ListItem.Path have?