Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] SageTV recordings - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] SageTV recordings (/showthread.php?tid=138838)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: [RELEASE] SageTV recordings - urisavor - 2012-10-01

There is an indication here that the problem is the servlet.jar in Sage's JAR dir.
I am looking into this, and will post the results.

RE: [RELEASE] SageTV recordings - kricker - 2012-10-01

Were you running older versions of any of those plugins?

OK - got it working!
-Removed Sage's plugins (web service, jetty, etc.).
-Removed servlet.jar.
-Reinstalled Sage's plugins.
From a first look it seems there is a problem with character sets - all Hebrew in the show listings appears as question marks.

Hope to start playing with it in the next few days.
Thanks!
Uri

(2012-10-01, 02:09)urisavor Wrote: From a first look it seems there is a problem with character sets - all Hebrew in the show listings appears as question marks.
Tried the xbmc character set settings: didn't help.
Also, only shows with English-only names are playing.

RE: [RELEASE] SageTV recordings - kricker - 2012-10-01

Great news. I'll add it to the github issues.

RE: [RELEASE] SageTV recordings - kchase56 - 2012-10-03

In order to get this add-on to work, I had to change the following items in default.py =>

if(plugin.get("PluginIdentifier") == "sagex-api"):
sagexVersion = plugin.get("PluginVersion")

print "TOPLEVELCATEGORIES STARTED; sagex-api version=" + sagexVersion

The second item was just for consistency sake. Basically sagex-api-services was changed to sagex-api. Once I made these changes everything worked just fine. Hopefully others find this helpful if they are experiencing problems.

RE: [RELEASE] SageTV recordings - LehighBri - 2012-10-03

(2012-10-03, 03:14)kchase56 Wrote: In order to get this add-on to work, I had to change the following items in default.py =>

if(plugin.get("PluginIdentifier") == "sagex-api"):
sagexVersion = plugin.get("PluginVersion")

print "TOPLEVELCATEGORIES STARTED; sagex-api version=" + sagexVersion

The second item was just for consistency sake. Basically sagex-api-services was changed to sagex-api. Once I made these changes everything worked just fine. Hopefully others find this helpful if they are experiencing problems.

Good catch and thanks for trying this out (hope you enjoy it!). Just made that fix and committed to the github so it will be there for you in subsequent versions.

https://github.com/kricker/plugin.video.sagetv/commit/13e0e433a603c9e25e6d14b38cd299ecfe4f074d

RE: [RELEASE] SageTV recordings - skl111 - 2012-10-07

I just got this working, I have to say it works pretty damn good after entering the correct paths.

I have few requests

1. Can you look into adding the imported media libraries.

It would be great. I ask because i have a lot of media with metadata in there, and I current'y have not found a simple way to import the metadata for the imported videos into XBMC.

Can you great a separate plugin that streams the recordings and imported media using the stv web backend?

RE: [RELEASE] SageTV recordings - LehighBri - 2012-10-07

(2012-10-07, 07:52)skl111 Wrote: I just got this working, I have to say it works pretty damn good after entering the correct paths.

I have few requests

It would be great. I ask because i have a lot of media with metadata in there, and I current'y have not found a simple way to import the metadata for the imported videos into XBMC.
We will not be supporting imported media in this. If we look to build out anything new, it would be to integrate with XBMC's PVR APIs but that support does not exist yet and won't until the release after XBMC Frodo at the earliest. What I would suggest is you post to the XBMC forums and describe your situation... they have incredibly robust scrapers in XBMC so I'd be surprised if they couldn't help you.

(2012-10-07, 07:52)skl111 Wrote: 2. Can you great a separate plugin that streams the recordings and imported media using the stv web backend?
Why? What's wrong with the current recording playback support?

RE: [RELEASE] SageTV recordings - kricker - 2012-10-07

If you used BMT to get the metadata for your imported items, XBMC should get the exact same data. They use the same sources.

Why do you need streaming? Are you trying to use XBMC remotely to play back items?

RE: [RELEASE] SageTV recordings - skl111 - 2012-10-07

(2012-10-07, 13:20)LehighBri Wrote:
(2012-10-07, 07:52)skl111 Wrote: I just got this working, I have to say it works pretty damn good after entering the correct paths.

I have few requests

We will not be supporting imported media in this. If we look to build out anything new, it would be to integrate with XBMC's PVR APIs but that support does not exist yet and won't until the release after XBMC Frodo at the earliest. What I would suggest is you post to the XBMC forums and describe your situation... they have incredibly robust scrapers in XBMC so I'd be surprised if they couldn't help you.

(2012-10-07, 07:52)skl111 Wrote: 2. Can you great a separate plugin that streams the recordings and imported media using the stv web backend?
Why? What's wrong with the current recording playback support?

(2012-10-07, 16:26)kricker Wrote: If you used BMT to get the metadata for your imported items, XBMC should get the exact same data. They use the same sources.

Why do you need streaming? Are you trying to use XBMC remotely to play back items?

Noted for the PVR support. I am using the NPVR plugin. and it is working well. Since I have both NPVR and STV, I am an looking at XMBC to possbly bridge the interface gap between the 2 on my new TV devices as the STV units start dying. Hence why I am asking about it.

As far as scrapers, thats not really what I am looking for in this case. I already have all the metadata in the STV .properties files for each show and movie in my collection.
So either getting it from STV via plugin, or maybe a separate program that creates the .nfo(i believe thats what xmbc uses) from the .properties files.

In the case of streaming from STV, yes I am talking remotely, ie on my android when at work running XBMC, my inlaws/friends houses who watches shows i have.
Which in that case the metadata would need to be sent to the streaming plugin as well.
The STV web inteface supports both, so It might be available via the sage-x api.
And before you say it, yes I can use a web browser, but using a nice clean interface via an R-PI or HTPC for people who are not me is so much easier to use.

RE: [RELEASE] SageTV recordings - lovingHDTV - 2012-10-11

I'm trying to install this on my raspBMC.

For my sage server I upgraded all the plugins to match what is in the first post. I verified that I can still get to the webserver, and bmt after the upgrades. I cannot find the SageTV/SageTV/sagex/services directory, so I made one, but it still doesn't work.

I did find other *.js files here:
SageTV\SageTV\jetty\webapps\nielm_sagewebserver\webapp

so I put the xbmc.js there, but that still didn't work.

Anyone know why I don't have a sagex directory and where the xbmc.js file should reside?

thanks,
dave

RE: [RELEASE] SageTV recordings - kricker - 2012-10-11

Are you sure you have the Sagex services plugin installed on the SageTV server? You can check for it on the websever by going to the Plugin Manager listed under the the SageTV drop down. You should be able to see the Sage-x api and sagex-services plugins in the uninstall drop down

RE: [RELEASE] SageTV recordings - lovingHDTV - 2012-10-12

OK that fixed it.

I had sage-x api, but not sagex-services. After installing sagex-services it now works! You may want to add that plugin to the dependency list in the first post.

thanks,
dave

(2012-10-11, 22:53)kricker Wrote: Are you sure you have the Sagex services plugin installed on the SageTV server? You can check for it on the websever by going to the Plugin Manager listed under the the SageTV drop down. You should be able to see the Sage-x api and sagex-services plugins in the uninstall drop down

RE: [RELEASE] SageTV recordings - kricker - 2012-10-12

I'll have to look at that. I thought they installed together.