Kodi Community Forum
Release XBMC Immersive - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: Release XBMC Immersive (/showthread.php?tid=139712)

RE: [Preview] XBMC Immersive - username145 - 2013-01-17

No problem, don't need to rush Smile

RE: [Preview] XBMC Immersive - locomot1f - 2013-01-17

here's a full log for you - http://pastebin.com/0YxCam8x

i feel you about the nfs errors... i'll post about them in the iOS section.
i think the fanart / extra fanart is being handled in a different way...
I know my Thumbnails work -- everything else shows up. Not sure how to compare this to other skins; Confluence for example.

What would the equivalent to History be in Confluence?

RE: [Preview] XBMC Immersive - Sranshaft - 2013-01-18

(2013-01-17, 16:42)locomot1f Wrote: here's a full log for you - http://pastebin.com/0YxCam8x

i feel you about the nfs errors... i'll post about them in the iOS section.
i think the fanart / extra fanart is being handled in a different way...
I know my Thumbnails work -- everything else shows up. Not sure how to compare this to other skins; Confluence for example.

What would the equivalent to History be in Confluence?

Had a look through the debug log and can't find anything that immediately jumped out at me as a cause other than those error logs I mentioned before. It might be something specific to iOS and your SQL server setup conflicting with the way the script is locating the thumbnails. The only advice I can offer is maybe ask in the iOS section or the thread for the script.

Sorry I couldn't offer a solution. Hopefully you'll have more success with people who know the iOS build better.

RE: [Preview] XBMC Immersive - Krrish - 2013-01-18

r u planning to support slideshows in the home page in the future releases?? the current backgrounds/patterns have the same color as live tiles, the contrast is minimum now..if u could also add support for choosing background colors as well (now there are only patterns with selected background color) inaddition to the patterns , it would have been so nice Smile

RE: [Preview] XBMC Immersive - Sranshaft - 2013-01-18

(2013-01-18, 15:41)Krrish Wrote: r u planning to support slideshows in the home page in the future releases?? the current backgrounds/patterns have the same color as live tiles, the contrast is minimum now..if u could also add support for choosing background colors as well (now there are only patterns with selected background color) inaddition to the patterns , it would have been so nice Smile

Probably no to both of those. The background colour is already much darker than the live tiles. If it's not appearing that way on your screen, you may need to adjust your monitor. I'm not willing to add every feature under the sun. That is exactly what happened to Aeon and its multitude of mods. At the end, it just became a mess. No disrespect to the creators of those mods - just a personal opinion.

You could always mod it yourself though. That's the whole point to colour themes. If you want to change the background colour, use the default.xml file in the color folder and change the value of Background_Dark.

RE: [Preview] XBMC Immersive - Krrish - 2013-01-18

i always loved the way media presents in the xbox metro home screen as tiles (spotlight,pins etc)....an xbox-like alternate home screen will be very suited for ur skin i think..

RE: [Preview] XBMC Immersive - futuro - 2013-01-19

Tried this skin today along with an update to Frodo RC3. Really like and consider to change from Xperience1080 which was my default ksin before... but at usual I faced a problem...

When go into Live TV section, I get only a black screen ... nothing shows up form there I can go back to main menu using Exit on my remote so th skin doesn't crash... Is Live TV already fully supported by this skin? On Xperience1080 Live TV works but (at least for me) not on Immersive.

Anybody an idea??

BR
futuro

RE: [Preview] XBMC Immersive - Sranshaft - 2013-01-19

(2013-01-19, 12:04)futuro Wrote: When go into Live TV section, I get only a black screen ... nothing shows up form there I can go back to main menu using Exit on my remote so th skin doesn't crash... Is Live TV already fully supported by this skin?

No, PVR support isn't included at this time. Still working on it and hopefully it'll be ready in time for the next update.

RE: [Preview] XBMC Immersive - idaho - 2013-01-19

Would you make the color themes used in win8? i mean even the combination of tile and backgroudn color. like gray background and blue tile color?

RE: [Preview] XBMC Immersive - Krrish - 2013-01-26

actor thumbnails with .tbn are not showing up.... Sad is that a problem with frodo??
im running beta 3..

RE: [Preview] XBMC Immersive - jeayese - 2013-01-26

I can't get this to work.. I've installed all the widgets needed & all I see on the home screen is settings.. what am I doing wrong?

RE: [Preview] XBMC Immersive - Sranshaft - 2013-01-27

(2013-01-26, 14:32)Krrish Wrote: actor thumbnails with .tbn are not showing up.... Sad is that a problem with frodo??
im running beta 3..

Where are the actor thumbnails not showing up? In the info screen or the actors menu?

(2013-01-26, 15:16)jeayese Wrote: I can't get this to work.. I've installed all the widgets needed & all I see on the home screen is settings.. what am I doing wrong?

If you go into Settings > Personalize you can configure everything there. You should have been taken directly to this screen on first run but I'll have to look into why that isn't triggering for people. When you installed the skin, did you do it manually - moving the skin.immersive folder into the addon folder - or via XBMC using 'Install from zip' option in the addon section?

RE: [Preview] XBMC Immersive - henkdevries - 2013-01-27

First of all: Wow, incredible work!
I love my Nokia Lumia because of the metro interface and I'm impressed you managed to apply the metro guidelines to almost every dialog of XBMC.

I have a few remarks and suggestions, feel free to use or ignore them.

- DialogAddonSettings.xml and FileBrowser.xml seem to be missing the OK & Cancel buttons.
- Some views (and DialogVideoInfo.xml) could IMO be improved by adding the runtime, to save space you could sacrifice 'studio'.
- A kiosk mode would be nice.
- The alternative home-screen lacks a shortcut to 'title' (which I myself use more often than genre, director etc...)
- The tiles on the home screen (tile version) don't flip like the rest of the tiles, but use a different transition animation. It would be more consistent and better looking if they would also flip.

RE: [Preview] XBMC Immersive - Krrish - 2013-01-28

It was missing in the info screen ..i think there is no support 4 tbn in Frodo ...jpg thumbnails r working...

Sent from my Lumia 510 using Board Express

RE: [Preview] XBMC Immersive - crippler - 2013-01-28

I've been using the skin for a couple of weeks now, really liking how sharp and clear everything looks.

(2013-01-27, 20:13)henkdevries Wrote: - Some views (and DialogVideoInfo.xml) could IMO be improved by adding the runtime, to save space you could sacrifice 'studio'.
- The alternative home-screen lacks a shortcut to 'title' (which I myself use more often than genre, director etc...)
I agree with these two points - I view my movie library in extended mode and there's no way to see the runtime other than changing the view mode.

One other tweak that would be good would be to disable the scrolling letter overlay, or moving it so it doesn't blank out all of the list that's being scrolled through.