Kodi Community Forum
Release XBMC Immersive - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: Release XBMC Immersive (/showthread.php?tid=139712)

RE: XBMC Immersive - shahzadas - 2014-03-17

Gotham skin coming soon or no

RE: XBMC Immersive - Potzo - 2014-03-22

I have couple of questions...
1. Is it me or multi selection is broken? I cant confirm it. Confluence works fine
2. For some reason, keyboard returns q when I press enter. Doesn't happen in confluence...
3. Does anyone know how to fix trakt.tv for this skin? It lags out and nearly crashes my xbmc when I go to movies or tv shows

Using gotham obviously
Thanks Wink

RE: XBMC Immersive - unwittinglyrad - 2014-03-27

Skin works well enough in Gotham Beta 2 from my testing. The only issue I have found is when in a library, pressing up no longer shows the "sort by" options. This is a problem because the "update library" option was merged into it.

Also Sranshaft, I've modified the default blue skin to include the darker elements from the other colour schemes. I can provide you with the xml file and perhaps you could include it in your next release if you deem it worthy? For those that like the blue colour scheme with darker elements, such as myself Smile

RE: XBMC Immersive - zanix - 2014-03-30

There is already a dark version of the default blue theme., I'm using it now.

RE: XBMC Immersive - User 49598 - 2014-03-30

Having a strange annoyance on my fresh (3rd in my house) XBMC+Immersive install.
Today I put them on my Surface Pro.

Once I finished instlling everything just like on the other two machines, I noticed something was off:
no matter if I neable the favourites section in my home or not, it stays empty. Instead, a small down arrow appears under the leftmost tiles.

Is this a new design ? (why my other devices have not that, even with the same latest Immersive version ?)
Should I work to fix the Surface or the other two ? And how ?

many thanks

PS: any improvement to the touch-based input is welcome ^_^

RE: XBMC Immersive - unwittinglyrad - 2014-03-31

(2014-03-30, 06:30)zanix Wrote: There is already a dark version of the default blue theme., I'm using it now.

Care to elaborate which colour theme it is, because as far as I'm aware the only blue one is "skin default".

RE: XBMC Immersive - Sranshaft - 2014-03-31

(2014-03-17, 12:47)shahzadas Wrote: Gotham skin coming soon or no

Eventually.

(2014-03-22, 17:53)Potzo Wrote: I have couple of questions...
1. Is it me or multi selection is broken? I cant confirm it. Confluence works fine
2. For some reason, keyboard returns q when I press enter. Doesn't happen in confluence...
3. Does anyone know how to fix trakt.tv for this skin? It lags out and nearly crashes my xbmc when I go to movies or tv shows

Using gotham obviously
Thanks Wink

1, I assume you mean in the file manager. To select multiple files / folders press the space bar on the keyboard (or your equivalent button on your remote).
2. Go to Settings > System > Input devices and make sure the option 'Remote control sends keyboard presses' is turned off. Also, you may want to turn enable the 'Use alternate keyboard' option under Settings > Personalize > Keyboard + touch.
3. You'll need to be more specific when you say Trakt.tv lags out. A debug log would help a lot as well.

(2014-03-27, 12:28)unwittinglyrad Wrote: Skin works well enough in Gotham Beta 2 from my testing. The only issue I have found is when in a library, pressing up no longer shows the "sort by" options. This is a problem because the "update library" option was merged into it.

Also Sranshaft, I've modified the default blue skin to include the darker elements from the other colour schemes. I can provide you with the xml file and perhaps you could include it in your next release if you deem it worthy? For those that like the blue colour scheme with darker elements, such as myself Smile

(2014-03-30, 11:44)chareos Wrote: Having a strange annoyance on my fresh (3rd in my house) XBMC+Immersive install.
Today I put them on my Surface Pro.

Once I finished instlling everything just like on the other two machines, I noticed something was off:
no matter if I neable the favourites section in my home or not, it stays empty. Instead, a small down arrow appears under the leftmost tiles.

Is this a new design ? (why my other devices have not that, even with the same latest Immersive version ?)
Should I work to fix the Surface or the other two ? And how ?

many thanks

PS: any improvement to the touch-based input is welcome ^_^

The down arrow is a new feature though it shouldn't / won't interfere with the 'Favourites' section. The section offers quick access to your top favourites while the arrow / favourites menu item opens the favourites window. If your favourites section isn't being populated, make sure you have script.favourites installed and try restarting XBMC. If that doesn't work, a debug log might help further.

Touch support is less than ideal on Windows and isn't something I can fix. I've all but given up on further adding touch support to the skin due to frustrations while testing it on my tablet. I have a Iconia and the experience is lacking to the point where I'm all but fed up with it at times.

(2014-03-31, 13:08)unwittinglyrad Wrote:
(2014-03-30, 06:30)zanix Wrote: There is already a dark version of the default blue theme., I'm using it now.

Care to elaborate which colour theme it is, because as far as I'm aware the only blue one is "skin default".

The default colour theme is cyan with cyan - dark being its dark counterpart. There is also cobalt and cobalt - dark if you're looking for a darker blue colour theme.

RE: XBMC Immersive - unwittinglyrad - 2014-04-01

Sranshaft Wrote:The default colour theme is cyan with cyan - dark being its dark counterpart. There is also cobalt and cobalt - dark if you're looking for a darker blue colour theme.

I see. I'm still using the colour scheme from the screenshots.

RE: XBMC Immersive - goldenpipes - 2014-04-04

(2014-03-16, 20:59)Sranshaft Wrote:
(2014-03-16, 04:09)goldenpipes Wrote: not sure if this has been answered or not, but is it possible to make the PLOT text scroll? Most of the time it gets cut off and i cant read it for show episodes and movies..

great Skin!

Not currently possible. I'm not a fan of scrolling text but if someone wants to create a PR as a skin setting I'd be willing to merge it.

How exactly could i implement this? there are tons of other skins that have this feature. I find that sometimes the plots are too long for a movie or a show.

RE: XBMC Immersive - Sranshaft - 2014-04-04

You'll want to find the textboxes used by the views / controls you want the text to scroll and add <autoscroll>true</autoscroll>. See here for more details.

Also, please remember just because "a ton of other skins" have this feature it doesn't necessary mean Immersive will. Personally, I hate scrolling text from a design perspective AND a user perspective. From the design side, scrolling text is visually distracting and ruins the flow of a layout. From the user side, if there is enough text for the control to scroll, there is too much text for the user to read. When adding new movies / TV shows / episodes I try to make sure plots are a paragraph at most. I want to see a brief synopsis of a movie or TV show when looking at the info; not a novel that gives away the entire story.

RE: XBMC Immersive - goldenpipes - 2014-04-05

(2014-04-04, 07:40)Sranshaft Wrote: You'll want to find the textboxes used by the views / controls you want the text to scroll and add <autoscroll>true</autoscroll>. See here for more details.

Also, please remember just because "a ton of other skins" have this feature it doesn't necessary mean Immersive will. Personally, I hate scrolling text from a design perspective AND a user perspective. From the design side, scrolling text is visually distracting and ruins the flow of a layout. From the user side, if there is enough text for the control to scroll, there is too much text for the user to read. When adding new movies / TV shows / episodes I try to make sure plots are a paragraph at most. I want to see a brief synopsis of a movie or TV show when looking at the info; not a novel that gives away the entire story.

I just meant that it should be possible to make the text scroll since other skins do. Its simply that with some episode titles or movie titles being so long its nice to be able to see all of it. Same goes for plot. While some of them are very short some are a little longer and get cut off.

RE: XBMC Immersive - ZexisStryfe - 2014-04-06

(2014-02-27, 07:10)Sranshaft Wrote:
(2014-02-26, 23:26)barney stinsen Wrote: i have little problem. The trakt.tv widget in tv-shows and the featured/cinema widget in movies is switching very fast. It looks like every half second is it switching to the next.
I use gotham, thats why perhaps?

Perhaps, though I haven't noticed any changes made to the Alarm function in the Gotham changelog. I'd have to look at it further. Which version of Gotham were you using so that I can further test it?

This is because your autoscroll functions in the wraplists are off by a factor of 10, causing the scroll to happen every half second instead of 5 seconds.

Code:
<autoscroll delay="400" time="500" repeat="2000">true</autoscroll>

should be

Code:
<autoscroll delay="4000" time="5000" repeat="20000">true</autoscroll>

RE: XBMC Immersive - Sranshaft - 2014-04-06

They must have change something in regards to alarms in Gotham because the same code works as expected in Frodo. It should repeat every 2 seconds and the animation should only be half a second. The changes you've made would make it repeat (switch to the next item) every 20 seconds and the animation would last for 5 seconds.

Edir: i just noticed you mentioned autoscroll in the wraplists. I'm not using autoscroll to move those wraplists; I'm using alarms to trigger the move. If autoscroll is indeed there, then that will need to be fixed.

RE: XBMC Immersive - ZexisStryfe - 2014-04-06

I believe it is combining the alarm with the autoscroll (which does exist in your code on the affected containers). Commenting out the Alarm doesn't really make a difference however since the autoscroll on the container is so fast. Removing the autoscroll should fix the issue though.

Oh, and regarding my changes, it actually makes the container switch to the next item every 5 seconds. After further testing it seems like the delay and repeat attributes have no effect on the autoscroll.

RE: XBMC Immersive - Sranshaft - 2014-04-06

Thanks Zexis, I completely forgot I added the <autoscroll>s in preparation for Gotham. Removing them fixed the issue. Strange that delay and repeat don't have effect.