Kodi Community Forum
Release XBMC Immersive - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: Release XBMC Immersive (/showthread.php?tid=139712)

RE: [Preview] XBMC Immersive - loggio - 2012-11-27

that's cool. I didn't suspect it to be easy. I guess i'll arrange it accordingly to my liking once it's release. The order i'd imagine it would be as follows

1. Live TV
2. Videos
3. Movies
4. TV shows
5. Music
6. Pictures
7. Programs
8. Addons
9. Settings.

Obviously media being the higher priority on a HTPC, then programs and settings the lesser of the bunch. Of course, then there's file manager and all that jazz, which i'm sure falls as a sub category somewhere.

Anyways, looking fantastic! LOVE the new backgrounds/colour shading. Brings a hell of a lot more life to the home screen i think :-)

*EDIT*

Hit me with a PM if you want me to try out PVR for you. I've got it set up and working perfectly using Argus-TV, so i can give you feedback and help rectify any possible faults.

One thing i will mention that a lot of skinners seem to be over looking with PVR additions to their skins is that when you're viewing a channel in fullscreen and you change the channel by either pressing UP/Down, or Channel UP / Channel Down the OSD info should appear, allowing you to see the channel logo and info about what's currently playing and what's coming up next. These should relate to the settings in the Live TV section labeled something like "show channel info when changing channel" and there is also a setting to adjust the amount of time the info stays on screen before disapearing. Effectively these settings are in place because if you set a delay to your channel changes in the live tv settings, it will allow you to "cycle" the OSD info of the different channels before the channel actually changes. So effectively, you can scroll your OSD info, find a channel that's playing something you want to watch, wait for your delay, then the channel should change.

If you use confluence as a reference you should be able to see what i'm referring to.

cheers,

Loggio.

RE: [Preview] XBMC Immersive - Sranshaft - 2012-11-27

I appreciate the offer, mate. I'll let you know when I get closer to PVR testing. Thanks for the support and encouraging words.

RE: [Preview] XBMC Immersive - moebius - 2012-11-27

Love the skin... looking forward to obsessively tinkering away at it when you put out the 1.0

In the Extended view, could you make the titles autoscroll? All my movies and tv shows titles are truncated... esp all the foreign language ones where my OCD compels me to use Original title followed by the English one.

Also how about having episode thumbs show up in the recently added / featured images for tv shows?

RE: [Preview] XBMC Immersive - Sranshaft - 2012-11-28

(2012-11-27, 17:40)moebius Wrote: Love the skin... looking forward to obsessively tinkering away at it when you put out the 1.0

In the Extended view, could you make the titles autoscroll? All my movies and tv shows titles are truncated... esp all the foreign language ones where my OCD compels me to use Original title followed by the English one.

Scrolling text is really the antithesis of the Metro design language. It goes completely against the idea of less is more so I'm trying to stay away from all of that. Having said that, I will be looking at tweaking the extended view a little and hope to alleviate some of the truncation issues. If scrolling text is something you'd want, you can always modify it for personal use. Send me a PM and I'll walk you through the steps. It's very simple and shouldn't take more than a few minutes.

(2012-11-27, 17:40)moebius Wrote: Also how about having episode thumbs show up in the recently added / featured images for tv shows?

Episode thumbs are much smaller than the needed size of the featured section which would lead to stretching and a downgrade in quality overall. Using fanart for all of those sections makes things a bit tidier and pulls things together. If I used episode thumbs with the recently added section, if would be harder to tell which episodes come from what shows. By using fanart, you tell at a glance that an episode from Show X has been added.

Re: [Preview] XBMC Immersive - Martijn - 2012-11-28

Maybe landscape images..

RE: [Preview] XBMC Immersive - Sranshaft - 2012-11-28

(2012-11-28, 00:34)Martijn Wrote: Maybe landscape images..

I wanted to make sure the skin worked out-of-box with default images as much as possible but landscape images are an option I could look into; at least when it comes to the featured section. Again though, I worry about image size being too small and stretching.

At the moment, the image dimension used for the Featured section is 760x420 which is much higher than episode thumbs as well as landscape images. Maybe Fanart.tv could add a HD TV Thumbs section using show thumbs from Hulu (1600x600) as a guideline? Some examples from Hulu:

http://ib4.huluim.com/show_key_art/7555?size=1600x600
http://ib3.huluim.com/show_key_art/54?size=1600x600
http://ib2.huluim.com/show_key_art/53?size=1600x600

Re: [Preview] XBMC Immersive - Martijn - 2012-11-28

Understandable. Well the movies do have higher res an we would prefer to have them the same size then. I did ask last time to add it but we had some other issues to deal with at the time

RE: [Preview] XBMC Immersive - Horscht - 2012-12-04

I finally had the chance to try this out on raspbmc (now the the blending issue is solved) and this skin is nice. However, when you enable the shutdown button and "press" it, nothing happens. Is that normal?

EDIT: also, I would like to enable a background visualisation for full screen music playback but for some reason I can not get it to work. Do you know what the <control> for that would look like in the "MusicVisualisation.xml" file?

RE: [Preview] XBMC Immersive - Sranshaft - 2012-12-05

(2012-12-04, 21:43)Horscht Wrote: I finally had the chance to try this out on raspbmc (now the the blending issue is solved) and this skin is nice. However, when you enable the shutdown button and "press" it, nothing happens. Is that normal?

No, probably something I forgot since I don't use that tile. I'll add a fix for it.

(2012-12-04, 21:43)Horscht Wrote: EDIT: also, I would like to enable a background visualisation for full screen music playback but for some reason I can not get it to work. Do you know what the <control> for that would look like in the "MusicVisualisation.xml" file?

Again, I don't use the visualisation so I probably didn't think to add it in. Will fix for next release.

Great to hear the issue has been fixed on Raspbmc and thanks for letting me know about those bugs.

RE: [Preview] XBMC Immersive - Dryander - 2012-12-05

Sranshaft,
I registered on this forum just so I could say that I think you're doing a fantastic job with this skin, and that I’m eagerly looking forward to the next alpha release. Keep up the good work!

RE: [Preview] XBMC Immersive - Sranshaft - 2012-12-06

(2012-12-05, 19:12)Dryander Wrote: Sranshaft,
I registered on this forum just so I could say that I think you're doing a fantastic job with this skin, and that I’m eagerly looking forward to the next alpha release. Keep up the good work!

Thank you very much! I hope the next alpha is worth the wait and that you continue enjoying the skin!

RE: [Preview] XBMC Immersive - Horscht - 2012-12-09

I really love this skin. I have seen a few skins that tried to create a "ModernUI" look and feel, but yours is the only one so far that actually nails it. If Microsoft were to make a skin for XBMC, Immersive is what it'd look like Smile

I have one problem, though. I could not install the skin using the .zip file, so I simply extracted the zip and put the skin into my addons folder. I also went ahead and downloaded all the addons that are mentioned in the addons.xml file of your skin, but for some reason the "featured" and "on deck" panels on the home screen are always "empty". How can I populate these?

RE: [Preview] XBMC Immersive - Sranshaft - 2012-12-09

(2012-12-09, 02:19)Horscht Wrote: I have one problem, though. I could not install the skin using the .zip file, so I simply extracted the zip and put the skin into my addons folder. I also went ahead and downloaded all the addons that are mentioned in the addons.xml file of your skin, but for some reason the "featured" and "on deck" panels on the home screen are always "empty". How can I populate these?

Go in the Skin Widgets and ensure Recommended and Random Items are enabled. You'll also need to have unwatched episodes and partially played movies for the On Deck section to be populated.

Thanks for the kinds words.

RE: [Preview] XBMC Immersive - Horscht - 2012-12-09

yeah, removing and re-installing the skin widgets service (a few times) did the trick. Cool Smile

RE: [Preview] XBMC Immersive - otcho - 2012-12-09

When trying to install your skin on a fresh XBMCBuntu Beta-3 installation, I get a 'dependencies not met'-Error. Some of the above mentioned plugins won't install either, so I'll guess there is the problem.