Kodi Community Forum
Release XBMC Immersive - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: Release XBMC Immersive (/showthread.php?tid=139712)

RE: [Preview] XBMC Immersive - Sranshaft - 2012-12-17

(2012-12-17, 22:27)Martijn Wrote: Still there
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/frodo/script.playalbum/

My guess is you need to update your code

Ah, thanks for that. It's not the code that's 404'ing, it's the link in the OP. I'll update now.

Edit: Should be fixed now.

RE: [Preview] XBMC Immersive - kricker - 2012-12-17

I have skin widgets version 0.0.17, yet I get nothing in the featured and ondeck sections. I enabled everything in the skin widgets add-on.

Also, would it be possible to have one of those section replaced with recently added TV shows and Movies depending on what home item you are on? Having to go a menu item deep to see those isn't that convenient.

I see Program add-ons listed in the featured section. That seems a little odd to me.

EDIT:
I got items to show up finally. I enabled them, but I guess I somehow didn't save the changes in the configuration.

I like where this Skin is going, but XBMC is crashing a lot since I enabled it.

(2012-12-17, 22:37)kricker Wrote: I have skin widgets version 0.0.17, yet I get nothing in the featured and ondeck sections. I enabled everything in the skin widgets add-on.

Also, would it be possible to have one of those section replaced with recently added TV shows and Movies depending on what home item you are on? Having to go a menu item deep to see those isn't that convenient.

I see Program add-ons listed in the featured section. That seems a little odd to me.

EDIT:
I got items to show up finally. I enabled them, but I guess I somehow didn't save the changes in the configuration.

The new alternative home screen, which will be introduced in the next update, has direct access to the recently added episodes / movie so hopefully that'll work for you.

Not sure why it seems weird to have programs in the featured section. I see the featured section as a way of highlighting one item from each of the four main medias in XBMC - movies, TV shows, music and programs. While I could substitute music videos in for programs I don't use music videos so there isn't a need for myself. I guess it's personal preference.

(2012-12-17, 22:47)kricker Wrote: I like where this Skin is going, but XBMC is crashing a lot since I enabled it.

Where is it crashing? The only crashes I get are if I have the new slideshow screensaver enabled.

I just don't see Programs as media and that is why it seemed weird to me. I would think music videos makes more sense, although I don't use those either. I just saw XBMC backup and other utilities show up in featured. They just don't "feel" like they fit there.

I look forward to the new alternative home screen. That sounds exactly like what I am looking for.

It is crashing while navigating around in the addons screens and it crashed on the home screen a couple times. I can't be for certain what the cause is at the moment. If I can track it down I'll let you know. For now just mark it up as my XBMC install.

Will you be setting up your own development repo for this skin?

(2012-12-17, 23:00)kricker Wrote: I just don't see Programs as media and that is why it seemed weird to me. I would think music videos makes more sense, although I don't use those either. I just saw XBMC backup and other utilities show up in featured. They just don't "feel" like they fit there.

I look forward to the new alternative home screen. That sounds exactly like what I am looking for.

It is crashing while navigating around in the addons screens and it crashed on the home screen a couple times. I can't be for certain what the cause is at the moment. If I can track it down I'll let you know. For now just mark it up as my XBMC install.

Will you be setting up your own development repo for this skin?

I agree that some times you might get the weird program addon appear that doesn't fit. It would be nice if we could turn on / off which addons are shown (video, music, programs). Not sure if Martijn up for that though. At the end of the day, I had to add something in there and since I don't use music videos it seemed the best fit.

The alternative home screen has one caveat that I, unfortunately, can not fix. It's running into the 'vertical text clipping' bug. Doesn't look like there is a fix planned for it so, yeah...there's that. It's not horrible but it's also not how it is supposed to be.

I will be looking into setting up a repo at some point but I'm saving all of that hassle until after I upgrade to Windows 8. With all of the holidays coming up, it should be some time in January.

Okay. I'm not familiar with that bug. I'd just be happy with it looking just like it does now, but replacing featured or ondeck with recently added.

RE: [Preview] XBMC Immersive - Sranshaft - 2012-12-18

Alpha 4 now available

There are a lot of things added in this update. Among the highlights are:

- Alternate home screen has been added
- List view home screen tweaked
- Subtitle support now included
- Initial touch screen / mouse support has been added
- Due to popular request, I've added a play button to the info screens
- Many more tweaks, fixes, and changes

For those that are trying XBMC Immersive for the first time, I have added a feature that will take you directly to the Personalize screen to set the skin up to your liking. I'm hoping I didn't introduce too many bugs with this update. I've been testing it for a couple of days now (save the new Personalize feature) but there's bound to be one or two that always slip through. As always, if you come across any let me know.

Download is available here.

RE: [Preview] XBMC Immersive - kricker - 2012-12-18

Awesome. I plan to play with this tonight. It blends in quite well to the Windows 8 environment.

RE: [Preview] XBMC Immersive - Krrish - 2012-12-18

Nice update....btw u can add a fanart image beneath the play button in the info screen...when u r planning to drop the names of xml files displaying on the top? also can u make the fonts used in the plot in the info window bit smaller?? think it will be much better looking....and bolder fonts for the headings (overview etc...) will also be nice Smile

RE: [Preview] XBMC Immersive - loggio - 2012-12-18

Pvr?

(2012-12-18, 10:09)Krrish Wrote: Nice update....btw u can add a fanart image beneath the play button in the info screen...when u r planning to drop the names of xml files displaying on the top? also can u make the fonts used in the plot in the info window bit smaller?? think it will be much better looking....and bolder fonts for the headings (overview etc...) will also be nice Smile

- The fanart is already under the play button.
- You can turn off the debug text by going to System > Personalize > Debug and make sure Disable debug text is enabled.
- The plot size is that large to ensure reading from across the room.
- The section fonts are standard and conform to the metro guidelines. Font sizes really aren't something I will be changing as they are a crucial part of the overall design of the skin. If you'd like to change these things to suit your personal taste, you can find all them in the Fonts.xml file.

(2012-12-18, 11:30)loggio Wrote: Pvr?

Next update hopefully. Sorry, didn't have time to finish it for this one with the holidays coming up next week. Smile

RE: [Preview] XBMC Immersive - oo_void - 2012-12-18

Here's one for you Sranshaft, I just updated to the latest version and am no longer able to access the view controls (it used to be the down button on the horizontal views).

Do you have mouse / touch screen input enabled? If so, click the 3 dots on the bottom right-hand corner. Basically, where ever you see those dots, there's a menu just like with Windows Phone.

RE: [Preview] XBMC Immersive - kricker - 2012-12-18

Hmmm. Alternate home is neat, but not what I expected. I'll see if I can edit the regular home screen to replace featured or on deck with recently added items.