Kodi Community Forum
XBMC trakt.tv sync - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: XBMC trakt.tv sync (/showthread.php?tid=140329)

Pages: 1 2

XBMC trakt.tv sync - N3MIS15 - 2012-09-12

Ive put together a little python script to sync my XBMC library with trakt.tv collection.
It only works with Frodo nightlies after May 4th. It uses the XBMC JSON API to communicate with XBMC.

Here is a list of what it does:
Quote:Gets a list of movies and TV shows from XBMC.
Gets a list of movies and TV shows from trakt.tv.
Checks for missing movies/shows in trakt.tv collection.
Compares watched progress for movies/shows.
Updates trakt.tv with playcounts from XBMC if the trakt.tv counterpart is not marked as watched.
Updates XBMC with playcounts from trakt.tv if the XBMC counterpart is not marked as watched.

The script will only ADD playcounts and new movies/shows, it will not remove shows/movies or watched status. I built this script to recover my watched shows/movies after I had lost my database and adding watched status back in was all i needed.

You can find it here

All that needs to be done is to edit the settings at the top of the script and run it.

RE: XBMC trakt.tv sync - skabyss - 2012-09-12

Awesome, cant wait to try it out.

All the other trakt scripts make my xbmc freeze most of the time (while starting playback). It got so frustrating I pretty much gave up on them.. and believe me I tried them all lol

RE: XBMC trakt.tv sync - N3MIS15 - 2012-09-12

Just to be clear, This does not scrobble.. It will only sync.
Im using rectifyer's scrobbler addon to scrobble shows/movies on frodo nightlies.

(2012-09-12, 04:08)N3MIS15 Wrote: Just to be clear, This does not scrobble.. It will only sync.
Im using rectifyer's scrobbler addon to scrobble shows/movies on frodo nightlies.

Yep I understood.. Do you ever have issues with your shows freezing within the first couple seconds of starting? Hopefully one of the recent updates to the script you posted will help.

RE: XBMC trakt.tv sync - N3MIS15 - 2012-09-12

I had issues with trakt utilities, but never freezing issues.

By the way your script worked beautifully!

Excellent work as always!

RE: XBMC trakt.tv sync - jj0076 - 2012-12-13

Looks interesting being as I keep getting user name/password errors from all the addons, but where would I put this script and how would I run it? (sorry for the noob questions, been using xbmc for an age but only recently starting tinkering with anything beyond the basics)

RE: XBMC trakt.tv sync - farr3ll - 2012-12-26

Awesome script, thanks man.. I've just come over from Mediaportal to XBMC and this was exactly what I needed and couldn't get Trakt Utilities or Traktr to work.

RE: XBMC trakt.tv sync - CoolRat - 2012-12-27

I have complete new installed XBMC running on a Windows 8 system. When I try to run your script I get the following error:

[EDIT - No log snippets, unless complete debug log is attached - ]
Any help here?

RE: XBMC trakt.tv sync - Reginald - 2012-12-27

(2012-12-26, 10:59)farr3ll Wrote: Awesome script, thanks man.. I've just come over from Mediaportal to XBMC and this was exactly what I needed and couldn't get Trakt Utilities or Traktr to work.

Did you try the official Trakt app? It will scrobble for you and nothing else.

RE: XBMC trakt.tv sync - N3MIS15 - 2012-12-27

(2012-12-27, 18:25)CoolRat Wrote: Any help here?

This script is a stand-alone script to be run outside of xbmc. you need python installed.

I am workin on a XBMC addon version and should be done soon.

RE: XBMC trakt.tv sync - Suprimus - 2012-12-28

Great script, thanks N3MIS15!

Waiting for the addon version Wink

RE: XBMC trakt.tv sync - N3MIS15 - 2012-12-29

For the people after an addon version, here it is. https://github.com/N3MIS15/script.trakt.sync

There are a couple things that need work (cant cancel once its going) but they're not enough to stop it from being used.
Its still a manual process, but i plan on adding an option to automaticly do a sync after the library gets updated.

RE: XBMC trakt.tv sync - agoMiST - 2012-12-30

Got the addon version installed and movies works fine but the script fails at TV shows when it comes to updating playcounts on both trakt and xbmc.
I'm on Frodo RC-1.

I'll update to RC-2 and see if that helps at all...

Alas, still no joy, gutted :o(

RE: XBMC trakt.tv sync - N3MIS15 - 2012-12-30

if you could post a debug log, that may help me solve the issue your having.