Kodi Community Forum
Intel NUC - Ivy Bridge (3rd Generation CPU) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Intel NUC - Ivy Bridge (3rd Generation CPU) (/showthread.php?tid=140534)

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities - Camlann - 2013-08-27

Looks good @Legion
Very nice Case, considering it.

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities - jammyb - 2013-08-27

Why'd you blank off the second HDMI or does it come like that?

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities - Nathanial - 2013-08-27

Can anyone tell me how the Celeron model handles Aeon Nox?

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities - jammyb - 2013-08-27

(2013-08-27, 19:47)Nathanial Wrote: Can anyone tell me how the Celeron model handles Aeon Nox?

Search thread button at top of page or NUC wiki link in my sig.

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities - Legion455 - 2013-08-27

(2013-08-27, 19:27)jammyb Wrote: Why'd you blank off the second HDMI or does it come like that?

This is for my Brother in Law,.. and everytime I've used that port, I get video stuttering on the TV
so I just blocked off the port I dont want him to use.

(2013-08-27, 19:47)Nathanial Wrote: Can anyone tell me how the Celeron model handles Aeon Nox?

Chews it up! Wink

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities - Raitsa - 2013-08-27

This NUC thingy keeps on hitting my wallet: ordered my 3rd NUC today.

2 NUCĀ“s working as XBMC machines with Flirc: Celeron DCCP847DYE in the living room and i3 DC3217IYE powering the hometheater.

i5 DC53427HYE will now replace my powerhungry desktop PC, mostly used for browsing and music.

Will probably sell the i5 NUC some day and then upgrade to a Haswell NUC.

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities - jweare1987 - 2013-08-28

Have had my celeron NUC running openelec for the past couple of weeks now. And the other day I accidently tripped over the network cable. And it now doesn't register on my network as been an attached device. My Mrs' laptop connected straight away using the same cable. I think I've damaged the lan port. The lights come on but nothing seams to happen at the moment.

I don't have much experience with linux/openelec. Is there a way to see on openelec if its damaged? Can most computer repairers easily replace it if need be? Or am I better off going the net gear d6200 wifi adaptor to connect to my d6300 modem router.

Thanks guys in advance for any suggestions!!!

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities - aesalazar - 2013-08-28

It may be you just bent the ping in the jack. Get a good flash light and precision screw driver and take a look. See if any are not center and try to bend it back. You can look at another machine to compare against. Also, try a different cable just to make sure its not just a difference in tolerance between the jack in your nuc vs the jack in the laptop.

Ernie

(2013-08-28, 02:36)aesalazar Wrote: It may be you just bent the ping in the jack. Get a good flash light and precision screw driver and take a look. See if any are not center and try to bend it back. You can look at another machine to compare against. Also, try a different cable just to make sure its not just a difference in tolerance between the jack in your nuc vs the jack in the laptop.

Ernie

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll give it another look when I get home from work. It was working a dream before the incident.

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities - scarecrow420 - 2013-08-28

(2013-08-28, 04:41)jweare1987 Wrote:
(2013-08-28, 02:36)aesalazar Wrote: It may be you just bent the ping in the jack. Get a good flash light and precision screw driver and take a look. See if any are not center and try to bend it back. You can look at another machine to compare against. Also, try a different cable just to make sure its not just a difference in tolerance between the jack in your nuc vs the jack in the laptop.

Ernie

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll give it another look when I get home from work. It was working a dream before the incident.
Perhaps it was like that when you got it and you could get a warranty swap? Wink

Also another option could be that if you had one of the earlier models without the internal USB headers, it seems intel are swapping those over for the new ones with the headers for anyone that wants one (I think this is the case, from posts ive seen in the thread).

Personally I think if you have wired network available, it would be silly to just use wireless as a permanent solution. There are so much LESS problems with streaming etc when you have a nice wired GB network... Worst case you could perhaps get a USB network adapter with an RJ45 socket... most ultrabooks have these for example. At least you'll be wired then

Yeah I've looked at the usb adaptors, but it only seams that usb3 can convert to gigabit. And we all know the limitation with usb 2 speeds. That's why I considered getting the net gear, should be a little quicker. Ill check if I have an earlier model nuc. But I'm not holding my breathe.

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities - scarecrow420 - 2013-08-28

Yeah i think you're right about the USB3 thing... Always worth a shot telling the place you bought it from that the network port doesnt seem to be operating!!!

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities - solomon23 - 2013-08-28

(2013-08-28, 05:00)jweare1987 Wrote: Yeah I've looked at the usb adaptors, but it only seams that usb3 can convert to gigabit. And we all know the limitation with usb 2 speeds. That's why I considered getting the net gear, should be a little quicker. Ill check if I have an earlier model nuc. But I'm not holding my breathe.

http://www.amazon.com/Plugable-Gigabit-Ethernet-Chromebook-Specific/dp/B003VSTDFG

That'll give you 480Mbs and work with openelec. That's plenty of bandwidth to stream bluray iso's.

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities - jammyb - 2013-08-28

Get it replaced.

You checked the data port? Tried another Ethernet lead?

Thanks soloman. Had a short look last night at ebay australia and only saw 10/100 adaptors. And my one page google search for gigabit adaptors had links to usb3 devices,so I just assumed thats what it was. But thats great news if I dont have a gen1 board or can't get the port talking.

Amazon wont ship to me, would this be a similar option? Looks ok to me.

http://www.mln.com.au/product/?itemID=3746

thanks Jason