Kodi Community Forum
Intel NUC - Ivy Bridge (3rd Generation CPU) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Intel NUC - Ivy Bridge (3rd Generation CPU) (/showthread.php?tid=140534)

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities - IWannaHTPC - 2013-03-21

(2013-03-21, 12:39)Busenheimer Wrote: I can tell you it works great with myth backend. There is currently a bug with the cmyth plugin where when resuming from sleep you would have to reboot to reconnect to the backend. The way the NUC goes to and resumes from stand by gets around this. After letting it sit all night live tv fired right up this morning

That's awesome ... good to know. Are you running the i3 or Celeron version of the NUC? Are you able to play ISO's as well?

Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities - Busenheimer - 2013-03-21

I have the i3. I'm not sure. I'll rip a blu ray iso tonight and let you know

Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities - DrowningApe - 2013-03-21

(2013-03-21, 21:52)IWannaHTPC Wrote:
(2013-03-21, 12:39)Busenheimer Wrote: I can tell you it works great with myth backend. There is currently a bug with the cmyth plugin where when resuming from sleep you would have to reboot to reconnect to the backend. The way the NUC goes to and resumes from stand by gets around this. After letting it sit all night live tv fired right up this morning

That's awesome ... good to know. Are you running the i3 or Celeron version of the NUC? Are you able to play ISO's as well?

I've got the celeron and it plays bd iso's no problem. I ripped my bluray of Avatar extended and even though the menu doesn't display I can choose which version of the film I wish to watch at launch. The video and audio plays perfectly, and it changes chapters and seeks instantly. Other BD's have full menu, and the experience is the same as using the PS3.

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities - oddbin - 2013-03-21

That's me sold on the Celeron one then. Dabs.com better brace itself!

How are you playing a .iso in openelec? Are you using the Makmkv addon?

(2013-03-21, 22:13)Busenheimer Wrote: How are you playing a .iso in openelec? Are you using the Makmkv addon?

I have a full desktop PC elsewhere in the house. I use AnyDVD and makemkv on my windows desktop.

So you are or are not playing iso in openelec? In confused

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities - pento123 - 2013-03-21

What is the cheapest this can be bought in Europe for?

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities - oddbin - 2013-03-21

(2013-03-21, 22:33)pento123 Wrote: What is the cheapest this can be bought in Europe for?

141.82 at dabs.com

(2013-03-21, 22:29)Busenheimer Wrote: So you are or are not playing iso in openelec? In confused

I am playing the ISO on openELEC, but I'm not using makemkv addon to play them. I thought you were asking what software I was using to rip blurays.

XBMC has been able to play bluray iso natively for a while. You no longer need to do anything special.

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities - -Riffer- - 2013-03-22

As far as I know you only need makemkv as a proxy when your are playing real BD in an external USB drive.
The simpliest way is maybe to just ripp BD on the nuc to your storage (NAS, local drive).

Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities - Busenheimer - 2013-03-22

I have makemkv on my pc, and dvdfab HD. I ripped BR ISO's before but thought they didn't play in openelec. I'll have to try again

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities - Pasoa2021 - 2013-03-22

3 Quick Questions:

1) Will OpenELEC be able to stream DTS-HD / Dobly HD with the NUC?

2) Does OpenELEC run pretty flawlessly off a USB stick, or would it be better to install a SSD?

3) I have 4 GB of unused RAM from my 2011 MacBook Pro (upgraded it to 8) - Would this work in the NUC?

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities - bnevets27 - 2013-03-22

I'm starting to get the feeling we need a small FAQ/wiki for the different versions of the NUC. What each model can and can't do under each operating system.

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities - Pasoa2021 - 2013-03-22

Also, is 4GB enough?