Kodi Community Forum
Linux HOW-TO: Automated efficient XBMC install - Ubuntu 12.10/13.04 mini based - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Tips, tricks, and step by step guides (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=110)
+--- Thread: Linux HOW-TO: Automated efficient XBMC install - Ubuntu 12.10/13.04 mini based (/showthread.php?tid=141369)

RE: HOW-TO: Automated efficient (dedicated) XBMC installation on Ubuntu minimal 12.10 - Bram77 - 2013-03-30

I'm guessing something went wrong copying the url. It should be
Code:
wget https://github.com/Bram77/xbmc-ubuntu-minimal/raw/master/12.10/prepare_install_2_6.sh

RE: HOW-TO: Automated efficient (dedicated) XBMC installation on Ubuntu minimal 12.10 - DasAtom - 2013-03-30

Oh sorry, my fault. Now it works fine Smile
Thanks for the fast help!

RE: HOW-TO: Automated efficient (dedicated) XBMC installation on Ubuntu minimal 12.10 - DasAtom - 2013-03-30

Okay, next problem. Is it possible to access the terminal, cause i need to start my Raid5 where my Media lies on?!

RE: HOW-TO: Automated efficient (dedicated) XBMC installation on Ubuntu minimal 12.10 - Bram77 - 2013-03-30

(2013-03-30, 13:40)DasAtom Wrote: Okay, next problem. Is it possible to access the terminal, cause i need to start my Raid5 where my Media lies on?!

I think CTRL+ALT+F1 will do the trick? But the best way to do it is by using SSH (putty from Windows) as described in the howto.

RE: HOW-TO: Automated efficient (dedicated) XBMC installation on Ubuntu minimal 12.10 - Sevennl - 2013-03-31

Hey Bram,

nice to see you are doing a new script with , from what i can see a shit load of work.

A feature request tho, the possibility to set our own source location ( where i get TVheadend etc from.
And if you going to make a extended web based manager, maybe look into a TV channel editor for tvheadend ( was thinking for xbmc , but it reloaded the listing at every boot )

-Oh, will this script be a replacement for the xbmc http control ? would be a great place to have it.

Well if you need a alpha.beta tester , let me know.
willing to put some work into testing.

cheers.

RE: HOW-TO: Automated efficient (dedicated) XBMC installation on Ubuntu minimal 12.10 - cw-kid - 2013-04-02

Can anyone please help!

I seem to be having issues navigating to certain system folders from within the XBMC UI.

I am currently trying to set up Artwork Organizer add-on with the Aeon MQ4 Skin. The instructions instruct you to browse to a local folder and set the path to:

/home/xbmc/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.artworkorganizer/ArtistFanart

However when in XBMC I can never seem to navigate down the folder structure far enough. For example if I click the browse button and select Home Folder, then I cannot see any of the sub folders.

If I then attempt to select Root File System instead

Then Home

Then XBMC

Again I can then not see any further sub folders.

Should I be able to browse to the Artwork Organizer add-on data folders in this manner?

Thanks

RE: HOW-TO: Automated efficient (dedicated) XBMC installation on Ubuntu minimal 12.10 - Bram77 - 2013-04-02

You need to enable 'show hidden folders' in the XBMC configuration to be able to access hidden folders (directory and file names that start with a '.' are hidden files in linux)

RE: HOW-TO: Automated efficient (dedicated) XBMC installation on Ubuntu minimal 12.10 - cw-kid - 2013-04-02

(2013-04-02, 17:44)Bram77 Wrote: You need to enable 'show hidden folders' in the XBMC configuration to be able to access hidden folders (directory and file names that start with a '.' are hidden files in linux)

Thank you ! That now works. I must have over looked that option in the settings Blush

RE: HOW-TO: Automated efficient (dedicated) XBMC installation on Ubuntu minimal 12.10 - Burke - 2013-04-03

Hi Bram,

I installed xbmc on my new hardware using 2.6 script this weekend - it is fantastic Smile

Everything works 10+ with Ivy Bridge and Intel HD2500.

I have small problem which i think is not script related, but just wanted to ask is someone suffering from same problems.

Sometimes after reboot xbmc is just burning my cpu, if i stop and start it, everything is ok.

Here is thread with details

thanks Smile

RE: HOW-TO: Automated efficient (dedicated) XBMC and perfect 23p and 24p playback - ninian - 2013-04-04

(2012-10-23, 00:36)uNiversal Wrote: @Bram77

Here's a quick and dirty HOW-TO quick fix for 24p and 23.976p playback on the ION1 with NVidia 304.60 drivers (Hopefully will help script get a bit better)

We start with the xorg.conf for 30x.x drivers (for 29x.xx another xorg.conf will be needed). Still using minimalistic install script to work fully.
So on and ahead we go!

Code:
mv /etc/X11/xorg.conf /etc/X11/xorg.conf.bak
wget http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=pQA9W8Bn -O /etc/X11/xorg.conf

Now setup xbmc for all this to work as follows in screenshots!

Step 1) Image

Step 2) Image

On this next one we are selecting auto for de-interlace (!!very important!!) and then saving it for all movies.

Step 3) Image

Yes last one, that's it... Set default for all Movies... and walla.! Smile Click YES on XBMC dialog.

Step 3a) Image

Code:
DISPLAY=:0 /usr/lib/xbmc/xbmc-xrandr

My xbmc-xrandr output is also pimped out! Big Grin

Now everyone's misery, pain, blood sweat and tears and even a little pee, should allow us to enjoy perfectly smooth playback in XBMC from the usual media sources.

This thanks to many hours of scouring topics and to a wonderful creature called fritsch! We Love fritsch and in fritsch we trust with our virgins.

Apologies to everyone for nagging yesterday and before, dire!!

uNi

Hi,

I am trying to follow this using a Zotac ID80 with Nvidia 304.84 drivers. I have installed latest version of XBMCBuntu.

My tv is a little older and only capable of 720p. When I set the resolution as mentioned in this quoted post the only refresh rates available to me are 30 and 30.03. Should I not be trying to follow this guide with my type of tv?

RE: HOW-TO: Automated efficient (dedicated) XBMC installation on Ubuntu minimal 12.10 - un1versal - 2013-04-04

The xbmc settings are ok, the xorg.conf and specifically modelines are only for (1080) full HD not HD ready (720) TV's the values would have to be calculated for 720p (HD ready) and if you do that then it can be used.

uNi

RE: HOW-TO: Automated efficient (dedicated) XBMC installation on Ubuntu minimal 12.10 - turkosbon - 2013-04-04

Hello uNiversal can i ask one question?

I have Htpc with ubuntu 12.04 LTS and NVIDIA GT 520 this card connect in HDMI with TV samsung flat UE32ES5500 FULL HD LED, i can downlowd your xconf.org for 23,976p and punt in my hdd, or can i change anything

Thank you

RE: HOW-TO: Automated efficient (dedicated) XBMC installation on Ubuntu minimal 12.10 - ninian - 2013-04-04

(2013-04-04, 08:42)uNiversal Wrote: The xbmc settings are ok, the xorg.conf and specifically modelines are only for (1080) full HD not HD ready (720) TV's the values would have to be calculated for 720p (HD ready) and if you do that then it can be used.

uNi

Thanks for the reply. How would I go about calculating the modelines for 720? I don't think I will be able upgrade tvs for a while so would like to get the most of this setup.

RE: HOW-TO: Automated efficient (dedicated) XBMC installation on Ubuntu minimal 12.10 - un1versal - 2013-04-04

See User:UNiversal (wiki) its as a guide on how and where to get info Its a wip I need to finish so its on my user page for now.

uNi

RE: HOW-TO: Automated efficient (dedicated) XBMC installation on Ubuntu minimal 12.10 - ninian - 2013-04-04

(2013-04-04, 15:23)uNiversal Wrote: See User:UNiversal (wiki) its as a guide on how and where to get info Its a wip I need to finish so its on my user page for now.

uNi

Cheers, will give this a try later this evening.