Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] Aeon Nox 4.0 [FRODO-ONLY] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: [WIP] Aeon Nox 4.0 [FRODO-ONLY] (/showthread.php?tid=141458)

RE: [WIP] Aeon Nox 4.0 [FRODO-ONLY] - TeKo - 2012-10-13

Uhm.. so how can I download 4.0?
I tried to download from git but it only gives me 3.5...

RE: [WIP] Aeon Nox 4.0 [FRODO-ONLY] - phil65 - 2012-10-13

no, GIT master branch is 4.0.

RE: [WIP] Aeon Nox 4.0 [FRODO-ONLY] - Aetius - 2012-10-13

(2012-10-13, 20:28)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-10-13, 20:15)Aetius Wrote: I was curious about logos for movie sets. I remember reading that it wasn't possible in Eden, but would be possible in Frodo. Is that something that has/will be implemented in 4.0?

no, and it also probably won´t make it into Frodo. We could implement a workaround to make it work in some views (not all) but not sure if that´s worth it.

Is there any workaround I could implement or code myself? I don't mind manually setting each set logo the way you can manually set the poster and fanart, I just love the Landscape view and unfortunately the big TV for each movieset is a bit of an eyesore.

RE: [WIP] Aeon Nox 4.0 [FRODO-ONLY] - phil65 - 2012-10-14

(2012-10-13, 22:48)Aetius Wrote:
(2012-10-13, 20:28)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-10-13, 20:15)Aetius Wrote: I was curious about logos for movie sets. I remember reading that it wasn't possible in Eden, but would be possible in Frodo. Is that something that has/will be implemented in 4.0?

no, and it also probably won´t make it into Frodo. We could implement a workaround to make it work in some views (not all) but not sure if that´s worth it.

Is there any workaround I could implement or code myself? I don't mind manually setting each set logo the way you can manually set the poster and fanart, I just love the Landscape view and unfortunately the big TV for each movieset is a bit of an eyesore.

only single-logo-landscape could be adjusted to work with sets, not landscape logo with 5 logos.

RE: [WIP] Aeon Nox 4.0 [FRODO-ONLY] - pingomister - 2012-10-14

Hi there. Would it be considerable to allow the "list" view to show the plot? It's such a nice view for many situations, and I think it wouldn't hurt to optionally show the plot just above the fanart, on the right.

RE: [WIP] Aeon Nox 4.0 [FRODO-ONLY] - StinDaWg - 2012-10-14

(2012-10-13, 05:00)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-10-13, 04:56)StinDaWg Wrote:
(2012-10-12, 18:40)CAaronL Wrote: FWIW, the "i" button on the MCE remote actually just sends a right mouse click, which makes it less than useful. Because it sends this very specific signal, you can't even remap it to another command. And there is an actual right mouse click BUTTON (directly below the "i", under and to the left of arrow keys) which does exactly the same thing. I have been thinking of getting a different remote for this very reason.

Yup, i button just does right click on the remote. I guess by the lack of response from phil he doesn't care to add this feature.

Huh which feature?

Putting the current time/time ends on the smaller OSD like MQ does. This way you don't have to bring up the full menu, or in my case (and apparently many others with MCE remotes) pause the video to see the time.

MQ3

Nox

(2012-10-14, 04:46)StinDaWg Wrote:
(2012-10-13, 05:00)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-10-13, 04:56)StinDaWg Wrote: Yup, i button just does right click on the remote. I guess by the lack of response from phil he doesn't care to add this feature.

Huh which feature?

Putting the current time/time ends on the smaller OSD like MQ does. This way you don't have to bring up the full menu, or in my case (and apparently many others with MCE remotes) pause the video to see the time.

MQ3

Nox

showin that time in info dialog is enough i think.

phil65 Wrote:showin that time in info dialog is enough i think.

Well, it would be a huge help to me. I prefer to see the time whenever possible because I don't have a clock in the room. Can't force you to do anything though. Possible to add config option to turn it on or off, you can leave it off by default? It's the only pet-peeve I have with the skin.

RE: [WIP] Aeon Nox 4.0 [FRODO-ONLY] - Vaikin - 2012-10-14

You can't program some other key on the remote to hit the "i" key? Seems a more simplistic solution.

(2012-10-14, 07:12)Vaikin Wrote: You can't program some other key on the remote to hit the "i" key? Seems a more simplistic solution.

I don't want to bring up the whole menu just the smaller one. My remote has a trackpad so I can just tap it and it brings up the small menu with the time like MQ3.

As someone else above said you can't map the button anyways on my remote. Nox allows you to show the time in every other menu, so I don't know why it would be a big deal to request it on the mini OSD.

There's plenty of room left on the top bar to add the time, or at the bottom you could move the progress bar to the left instead of centered and then you would have room in the bottom right corner to show the time/ended. There could be an option to toggle it off if it bothered you that much.

RE: [WIP] Aeon Nox 4.0 [FRODO-ONLY] - Elixxen - 2012-10-14

(2012-10-13, 21:25)Big_Noid Wrote:
(2012-10-13, 13:12)Elixxen Wrote:
(2012-10-12, 20:21)Big_Noid Wrote: For people wanting to play around a bit with the skin. I uploaded a wip theme that gets rid of rounded corners. Doesn't work in all views yet, but most should be okay. In time I will do the other textures, but for some views this is already a nice change of style. have fun

Awesome! Looks so much better Blush

When you first brought it up I was skeptical, but I'm liking it more and more. Its now default on my htpc.
I just uploaded a new version which should take care of the most obvious textures.

Thanks a lot! I'm glad you considered it and like the way it looks. Great work once again!

Edit: I just tried the latest version. WOW! The skin looks so much cleaner. Love the new look.

RE: [WIP] Aeon Nox 4.0 [FRODO-ONLY] - Elixxen - 2012-10-14

Sorry, double post.

RE: [WIP] Aeon Nox 4.0 [FRODO-ONLY] - Frank-NL - 2012-10-14

I noticed that the PVR area does not adapt the colors set for the rest of the skin with 4.0. It remains light blue, the default.

RE: [WIP] Aeon Nox 4.0 [FRODO-ONLY] - Ed76 - 2012-10-14

can somone give me a download link for the current aeon nox 4.0 test version (zip-file) or what repo i need? thanks in advance!

(2012-10-14, 15:15)Ed76 Wrote: can somone give me a download link for the current aeon nox 4.0 test version (zip-file) or what repo i need? thanks in advance!

First post says it already: it´s on our GIT master branch. i wouldn´t recommend to test 4.0 though if you do no even know how to download a GIT repo.. Wink