Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] Aeon Nox 4.0 [FRODO-ONLY] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: [WIP] Aeon Nox 4.0 [FRODO-ONLY] (/showthread.php?tid=141458)

RE: [WIP] Aeon Nox 4.0 [FRODO-ONLY] - phil65 - 2012-10-16

(2012-10-16, 01:08)handbone Wrote:
(2012-10-15, 16:53)phil65 Wrote: loading wheel is taken from TheBigPicture Add-on, credits to them. agreein that it looks much better.
the alignment bug you mentioned is fixed now.

Nice, works perfectly. By far the easiest customized skin I've used (also helps that it has all the features I wanted)

thx. that´s what we´re aiming for Cool

RE: [WIP] Aeon Nox 4.0 [FRODO-ONLY] - frodo19 - 2012-10-16

Hmm...

Square theme..

... that was my big question before..... but now, Im use it as default...

When that would be just 4 square, and cut off all images.. than forget that..

But Aeon Nox use another style..

Day for day would be better.. Nod

Thanks BN and Phil... Cool

Not bad.. or? Wink

RE: [WIP] Aeon Nox 4.0 [FRODO-ONLY] - bill1972 - 2012-10-16

updated to the lastest git version and now i cannot access the skin customize settings

(2012-10-16, 04:26)bill1972 Wrote: updated to the lastest git version and now i cannot access the skin customize settings

...because the xbmc nightly with the needed changes isn´t out yet. you´d have to compile it yourself atm.

Ahh Thanks

RE: [WIP] Aeon Nox 4.0 [FRODO-ONLY] - Kokonutcreme - 2012-10-16

(2012-10-16, 04:27)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-10-16, 04:26)bill1972 Wrote: updated to the lastest git version and now i cannot access the skin customize settings

...because the xbmc nightly with the needed changes isn´t out yet. you´d have to compile it yourself atm.

Thanks Phil

One question about the shift viewtype. When using it for one movie smart playlist the thumbnails are displayed correctly, but for a different movie playlist they're displayed like landscape thumbs. It's no biggie as I can change the viewtype but not sure if this is just the result of git changes with the skin or nightly builds for Frodo.

is there any way that i can get thumbnail wall view in movies and banner wall view in tv shows? Right now when i change to banners in wall view for tvshows it also changes to banner view for movies.

RE: [WIP] Aeon Nox 4.0 [FRODO-ONLY] - BigNoid - 2012-10-16

(2012-10-16, 14:31)bill1972 Wrote: is there any way that i can get thumbnail wall view in movies and banner wall view in tv shows? Right now when i change to banners in wall view for tvshows it also changes to banner view for movies.

Its probably better to split those options. Will change that.

RE: [WIP] Aeon Nox 4.0 [FRODO-ONLY] - Elixxen - 2012-10-16

(2012-10-15, 23:47)Big_Noid Wrote:
(2012-10-15, 23:08)Elixxen Wrote:
(2012-10-15, 22:47)Big_Noid Wrote: about that, i dont think the new default icons look too good with the square theme, thats why I included the old default iccons in the xbt. But I dont think theuni will like an extra 20 mb for a theme Tongue

Which icons are we talking about here?
The icons you see when theres no thumb available. The blue ones have built-in rounded edges, the ones from 2.1.0 do not.

Oh those. I've already started creating my own. The old ones were okay but I didn't like the new ones.

RE: [WIP] Aeon Nox 4.0 [FRODO-ONLY] - Death-Axe - 2012-10-16

passion doesn't seem to carry the git version of nox any more, any other repos that are covering this?

(2012-10-16, 14:31)bill1972 Wrote: is there any way that i can get thumbnail wall view in movies and banner wall view in tv shows? Right now when i change to banners in wall view for tvshows it also changes to banner view for movies.

fixed now.
(2012-10-16, 19:10)Death-Axe Wrote: passion doesn't seem to carry the git version of nox any more, any other repos that are covering this?

no. you have to use GIT + cronjob / scheduled task if you want to stay up-to-date.

RE: [WIP] Aeon Nox 4.0 [FRODO-ONLY] - Kokonutcreme - 2012-10-16

Phil and BN, the widget changes look fantastic and the TV episode alignment are all corrected now.

Figured out after downloading latest nightly build that to access skin settings it's located under Appearance/Settings now.

Previously when I created a smart playlist for IMDB Top 250 and used the Shift viewtype there was a flag in the bottom right corner that listed the movies in numerical order counting from 1 onwards and whether it had been watched yet. At the moment there is a default IMDB rating flag eg. 9.0. Will the previous flags be restored at all?

RE: [WIP] Aeon Nox 4.0 [FRODO-ONLY] - BigNoid - 2012-10-16

(2012-10-16, 21:57)Kokonutcreme Wrote: Phil and BN, the widget changes look fantastic and the TV episode alignment are all corrected now.

Figured out after downloading latest nightly build that to access skin settings it's located under Appearance/Settings now.

Previously when I created a smart playlist for IMDB Top 250 and used the Shift viewtype there was a flag in the bottom right corner that listed the movies in numerical order counting from 1 onwards and whether it had been watched yet. At the moment there is a default IMDB rating flag eg. 9.0. Will the previous flags be restored at all?

Frodo broke that easter egg. Should be fixed now.

RE: [WIP] Aeon Nox 4.0 [FRODO-ONLY] - thrak76 - 2012-10-16

I'm glad to get to test out v4 now! The changes implemented to support the Video nodes allowed the switch from v3.6. Overall, it's working really well, and I like some of the different design choices. The little bouncing helper arrow at the initial load-up is a great idea too. Thanks!

And now for a bug Smile

In this example, I'm using a Custom library node, with the latest episodes widget, using the clearart no panel option. First, how to get the clearart to display? Is this related to using the custom node? Secondly, the episode label may look a bit strange with left justification, especially with no panel. And third, the custom icon I set is overlapping the text in the home menu.

RE: [WIP] Aeon Nox 4.0 [FRODO-ONLY] - lrusak - 2012-10-16

(2012-10-16, 19:10)Death-Axe Wrote: passion doesn't seem to carry the git version of nox any more, any other repos that are covering this?

As said your best bet is to setup git and a cronjob to pull updates, this wasn't an option for me because I am using OpenELEC and am not using git. I was able to setup my own personal repo that updates the Aeon Nox git daily. Not as easy but still manageable if you know what to do.