Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] Aeon Nox 4.0 [FRODO-ONLY] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: [WIP] Aeon Nox 4.0 [FRODO-ONLY] (/showthread.php?tid=141458)

RE: [WIP] Aeon Nox 4.0 [FRODO-ONLY] - fmronan - 2012-11-30

no blu-ray but bluray perhaps

RE: [WIP] Aeon Nox 4.0 [FRODO-ONLY] - cruse - 2012-11-30

After years with MediaPortal I decided to give Frodo and its PVR feature a shot and have been doing a lot of landscaping on the Nox side since.

Thanks for this superb skin!

A few requests/suggestions (some of which might have been raised before)

- [LANDSCAPE] If there's no clearart or logo available in landscape text is shown. Use a bigger font by sacrificing the genres below name to get closer to most logo font sizes
- [EPISODES +others] Add a viewtype setting to hide/replace episode (content) thumbs which often contain spoilers. I replaced ListItem.Icon with ListItem.ActualIcon which did it. (Being an everyday gitpuller this might be some work cut out for me)
- [PVR] In PVR Homescreen sacrifice/resize/move picture to the left to get a wider list showing more of the channel content which is cut pretty early right now.
- [Now Playing Music] Disabling of topbar is not heeded there
- [Now Playing Music] Pressing context button there renders xmbc unusable, taskkill required. Not sure whether it's a skin or Frodo bug.

Thanks again.

RE: [WIP] Aeon Nox 4.0 [FRODO-ONLY] - thrak76 - 2012-11-30

(2012-11-30, 08:26)ozra Wrote:
(2012-11-30, 03:38)ozra Wrote:
(2012-11-30, 03:05)thrak76 Wrote: Put "dvd" in the file name, and then re-scan the title & clean the library (to remove duplicates).

Movie (date).dvd.iso

Thank You very much. Should be easy enough to rename with Metamorphose.

Will try it when I get home.

Much obliged!

I have tried several iterations of the above suggestion but unfortunately Aeon still does not show a DVD imprinted cover.
It does bring up the DVD Flag (bottom left of screen) when I browse ISO's with or without dvd in the filename for all of the ISO's but unfortunately does not show DVD on the cover as it does for Bluray when displaying the H.264 flag.

It does show a DVD cover for an xvid flag as well.

It seems that for the ISOs, regardless of naming convention, it will show the DVD Flag/Icon in the bottom left of screen (DVD case layout under movies screen) but it will not stamp DVD on the Poster case like it does with Bluray and xvid etc.

I suspect that if you had a bluray ISO ripped to disk that it would also then not stamp the Clear Case with Bluray although the correct flag will be displayed.

Any other suggestions?

Yes, looks like it's related only to the .iso. I don't have many iso files, but i did rename them several ways to check it out. After you start the stream, the case will get the proper source flag, but that's not useful for browsing. Personally, I don't care for the cases because after a video has been ripped to the HDD, the case is not really relevant, IMO.

RE: [WIP] Aeon Nox 4.0 [FRODO-ONLY] - phil65 - 2012-11-30

(2012-11-30, 08:29)legolas30 Wrote: I have issue on my xmbc aeon cover it does not put bluray on my cover.

btw for all:

i competely removed the old showcase cover viewtype shown in the quoted picture in this branch:
https://github.com/BigNoid/Aeon-Nox/commits/mergeshowcaseviews
and it´s not too unlikely that i will merge that into master branch (will discuss it with bn first though)
reason: the wrong cover aspect ratio looks horrible + it saves a lot lot of code
the other one with clearcases will stay.
you may start to complain now^^

RE: [WIP] Aeon Nox 4.0 [FRODO-ONLY] - vicmanpergar - 2012-11-30

(2012-11-30, 08:29)legolas30 Wrote: I have issue on my xmbc aeon cover it does not put bluray on my cover.

Did u play that movie already?
Play it for let's say 10 or 20 secons and it will add the bluray cover.

RE: [WIP] Aeon Nox 4.0 [FRODO-ONLY] - ArieS - 2012-11-30

phil I guess you're not monitoring this thread so any chance I can get some help with this please?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=137540&pid=1250810#pid1250810
Pretty please Smile

RE: [WIP] Aeon Nox 4.0 [FRODO-ONLY] - phil65 - 2012-11-30

(2012-11-30, 21:25)ArieS Wrote: phil I guess you're not monitoring this thread so any chance I can get some help with this please?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=137540&pid=1250810#pid1250810
Pretty please Smile

say thx to CutSickAss Wink

RE: [WIP] Aeon Nox 4.0 [FRODO-ONLY] - Reginald - 2012-11-30

Amazing work guys, I can't wait to start playing with PVR.

RE: [WIP] Aeon Nox 4.0 [FRODO-ONLY] - Eisi2005 - 2012-12-01

Hi,

sorry if this was asks sometime before. But i have downloaded latest git version and in all views the covers are cropped left and right. Is this a bug or normal ?

Greets
Eisi

RE: [WIP] Aeon Nox 4.0 [FRODO-ONLY] - phil65 - 2012-12-01

(2012-12-01, 12:34)Eisi2005 Wrote: Hi,

sorry if this was asks sometime before. But i have downloaded latest git version and in all views the covers are cropped left and right. Is this a bug or normal ?

Greets
Eisi

we only support 16:9 resolutions, the screenshot is 16:10.

RE: [WIP] Aeon Nox 4.0 [FRODO-ONLY] - ninian - 2012-12-01

I have upgraded to the latest Frodo release and updated to latest Aeon via the .zip file.

All seems to be running good but 2 issues.

Whenever I navigate to the Movies / TV libraries or any other menu such as Programs, Weather, etc. the menu customizer dialog always pops up (the one where I can change backgrounds, labels, widgets, icons, etc...) I am not sure how to get rid of this?

Also, my Movie logos dont seem to be appearing anymore as well as some of the TV show logos. I will run artwork downloader and see what happens.

Sorry, I tried searching through this thread but couldnt find anything related to my first issue?

RE: [WIP] Aeon Nox 4.0 [FRODO-ONLY] - dpar - 2012-12-01

Is there any way to add something so that when you are browsing your movie library and you come to a movie set, there isn't a large blank spot where the plot goes? Especially for low list view this is very odd. All of your movies have plot information, you come to a movie set, and there is just a large blank spot on the screen. I realize that plot isn't supported for movie sets, which is why this occurs. But is there any way to have it display an artwork thumbnail, or anything at all? Just so you don't end up with this odd look?

(2012-12-01, 21:24)dpar Wrote: Is there any way to add something so that when you are browsing your movie library and you come to a movie set, there isn't a large blank spot where the plot goes? Especially for low list view this is very odd. All of your movies have plot information, you come to a movie set, and there is just a large blank spot on the screen. I realize that plot isn't supported for movie sets, which is why this occurs. But is there any way to have it display an artwork thumbnail, or anything at all? Just so you don't end up with this odd look?

for which viewtype?

RE: [WIP] Aeon Nox 4.0 [FRODO-ONLY] - Vaikin - 2012-12-01

I'm going to assume he means like this and this. It's going to be blank for every view though, since, as he said, movie sets don't have plots...

(2012-12-01, 22:16)Vaikin Wrote: I'm going to assume he means like this and this. It's going to be blank for every view though, since, as he said, movie sets don't have plots...

movie infopanel should hide now when a movie set has focus.