Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] Aeon Nox 4.0 [FRODO-ONLY] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: [WIP] Aeon Nox 4.0 [FRODO-ONLY] (/showthread.php?tid=141458)

Re: [WIP] Aeon Nox 4.0 [FRODO-ONLY] - htpc guy - 2012-12-15

See my signature for a git tutorial.

RE: [WIP] Aeon Nox 4.0 [FRODO-ONLY] - Kokonutcreme - 2012-12-16

(2012-12-15, 20:20)KILLERNADS Wrote: ok cool, thanks mate for the instant response!

Any idea about adding playlists onto main menu items? Is that a broken feature of the skin or frodo? there must be a work around for it somehow?! As its major functionality for xbmc! As an alternative i tried using favourites, but it says somethings broken for favourites script or something?!? so thats a no go either! Sad

See FAQ for link to install script.favourites

You can add playlists to the home menu but not every feature is working yet eg. infolines, widgets for playlists, widget fanart for playlists

RE: [WIP] Aeon Nox 4.0 [FRODO-ONLY] - Vaikin - 2012-12-16

Little bug, Running RC1 and latest git, the Next Aired Widget seems to have stopped displaying.

RE: [WIP] Aeon Nox 4.0 [FRODO-ONLY] - dannycorker - 2012-12-16

Can anyone help me out with the 'correct' usage of Artwork Downloader in Nox 4/XBMC12? I used to control all my art manually, downloading discarts and fanarts etc, but I just don't have time to stay on top of things anymore, and would rather use the scrapers.

If I want to utilise all of the artwork types available in Nox, what is my best course of action? Currently running Frodo with latest git Nox 4.0, shall I delete all local art & nfo's, remove all media from library and then scrape everything?

Finally, which settings should I set in AD? Is it best to let it download a local version of everything, should I have every type of artwork ticked?

RE: [WIP] Aeon Nox 4.0 [FRODO-ONLY] - TwiztedIndian - 2012-12-16

(2012-12-15, 21:54)htpc guy Wrote: See my signature for a git tutorial.

bostoneric is clearly using Linux... not windows...

I'm also new to using git and manually installing skins and some linux assistance would be appreciated.

RE: [WIP] Aeon Nox 4.0 [FRODO-ONLY] - Vaikin - 2012-12-16

Theres no need to remove things from the library. Just check whatever pieces of artwork you want downloaded, in AD settings, and then run AD. It will download everything it finds.

Hard to say which ones to get or not to get...depends on what views you use. Personally, I download everything since I like to change views and fiddle around. That and artwork are very small.
(2012-12-16, 03:20)dannycorker Wrote: Can anyone help me out with the 'correct' usage of Artwork Downloader in Nox 4/XBMC12? I used to control all my art manually, downloading discarts and fanarts etc, but I just don't have time to stay on top of things anymore, and would rather use the scrapers.

If I want to utilise all of the artwork types available in Nox, what is my best course of action? Currently running Frodo with latest git Nox 4.0, shall I delete all local art & nfo's, remove all media from library and then scrape everything?

Finally, which settings should I set in AD? Is it best to let it download a local version of everything, should I have every type of artwork ticked?

RE: [WIP] Aeon Nox 4.0 [FRODO-ONLY] - bostoneric - 2012-12-16

(2012-12-16, 04:01)TwiztedIndian Wrote:
(2012-12-15, 21:54)htpc guy Wrote: See my signature for a git tutorial.

bostoneric is clearly using Linux... not windows...

I'm also new to using git and manually installing skins and some linux assistance would be appreciated.

correct. there isnt much in the way of step by steps out there for linux xbmc git users.

i've pieced parts together but i manually placed this version of nox on my xbmc, not using git to download it.

what did you name the folder and where did you end up putting it to get it to show up in the skins list?

RE: [WIP] Aeon Nox 4.0 [FRODO-ONLY] - bostoneric - 2012-12-16

downloaded from git on my computer, unzipped the package and ftp'd the unzipped file onto my xbmc.

/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/skin.aeon.nox

ok thanks... this was a first for me as I've never had to mess with manually loading a skin... and tbh, its been a while since I've even manually installed an addon...

RE: [WIP] Aeon Nox 4.0 [FRODO-ONLY] - solidsatras - 2012-12-16

I´ve made a video how I configure Aeon-Nox. (used 20121215-a4db196 and nox.git dated 15.12.2012 19:47)

There isn´t anything special in it, so everyone who already used Nox will find it
pretty basic. But I´m guessing with the Frodo x-mas present we all are getting, a
lot of new users will want to try out this awesome skin. Maybe it´s helpful for some people.

Funny enough there was a pretty bad crash with the next aired script.(16:00)
Left it in the video so perhaps someone can reproduce and fix the problem.(log)

Some oddities I came across:
- daily babes widget gets filled within the customizer but not in the home screen (compare 1:34 and 9:04)
- Shutdown: can´t disable the suspend entry (compare 5:46 and 17:59)
- TVShow landscape image(or fanart?) didn´t get updated (14:01)
- Around the world - script.widget.weatherworld error (log) (18:15)
- Alarm clock Cancelled with 6s left (17:35) don´t really know what that´s referring to?

As always, phil/BigNoid this is your show, feel free to use/edit/delete/ignore as you like.

The video quality is reduced to 50% so I don´t have to wait all day to get it uploaded.
Could upload it somewhere overnight though.

If someone´s wondering:
My HTPC and the screen capture software used.

RE: [WIP] Aeon Nox 4.0 [FRODO-ONLY] - KILLERNADS - 2012-12-16

Hi again,

thanks for responses yesterday.

However, i watched a movie last night for the first time using Aeon 4.0 and RC1 xvmc. And i had a lot of frame rate drops and horizontal syncing lines appearing across the screen in a 1080p bluray mkv rip with dts sound.

I never had this problem with my old setup (Frodo beta 1 with Aeon 3.6) so im assuming its a setting somewhere that needs to be changed?! Is there anyone who experienced this already and knows which setting it is?

thanks
(2012-12-16, 01:04)Kokonutcreme Wrote:
(2012-12-15, 20:20)KILLERNADS Wrote: ok cool, thanks mate for the instant response!

Any idea about adding playlists onto main menu items? Is that a broken feature of the skin or frodo? there must be a work around for it somehow?! As its major functionality for xbmc! As an alternative i tried using favourites, but it says somethings broken for favourites script or something?!? so thats a no go either! Sad

See FAQ for link to install script.favourites

You can add playlists to the home menu but not every feature is working yet eg. infolines, widgets for playlists, widget fanart for playlists

Thanks mate, ill look at the FAQ for fixing the favourites. However, you mentioned that its possible to add playlists to the home menu??! I cant find a way to do this! Im not too bothered at the moment for the other playlist functionality that you mentioned, all i want is the playlist to be added to a home menu custom item, which i cant do! Every time i choose the type (video playlist) for a custom item, it displays an empty popup screen with no playlists listed!

RE: [WIP] Aeon Nox 4.0 [FRODO-ONLY] - dpar - 2012-12-16

Is there any way to hide cdart in lowlist for movie sets? Since there is no cdart for a movie set it would be nice to have it autohide it when you come to a movie set.

RE: [WIP] Aeon Nox 4.0 [FRODO-ONLY] - dazz87 - 2012-12-16

I am also confuse about adding smart playlist to the home menu. I have added all my smart playlist to favourites. Under skin>customizers>main menu item>music>enable custom1.
custom 1:
Type is Favourite
Change label : Rock
Backgound: Multi Image

Once that is set, go back to Home>Music>Rock. Click on Rock and nothing.... On Neon, when creating the smart list all I had to do was set the playlist to the path of the .xsp file. I dont know how to get this to work on Aeon Nox

RE: [WIP] Aeon Nox 4.0 [FRODO-ONLY] - antisuck - 2012-12-16

Hi guys, skin is coming along nicely.

Today I can't activate CD Case view in Music - no views are disabled, running the latest git pull on RC1. Is it just me?