Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] Aeon Nox 4.0 [FRODO-ONLY] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: [WIP] Aeon Nox 4.0 [FRODO-ONLY] (/showthread.php?tid=141458)

RE: [WIP] Aeon Nox 4.0 [FRODO-ONLY] - saitoh183 - 2012-12-26

(2012-12-26, 04:01)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-12-26, 03:50)saitoh183 Wrote:
(2012-12-26, 03:11)phil65 Wrote: if you have a fixed version of the script then it works. it´s not published though, so you probably have to wait till a script update appears here in the forums.

Thanks for your response, but which script you referring to?

randomandlistitems script

Thank you

RE: [WIP] Aeon Nox 4.0 [FRODO-ONLY] - clubwerks - 2012-12-26

(2012-12-26, 04:07)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-12-26, 04:05)clubwerks Wrote: I understand that the randomitems and watchlist script have been replaced. Is there something I should be doing to keep XBMC from notifying that those two scripts are broken? Using Frodo and NOX 4.0 after migrating from Eden and Nox 3.6. Thanks and great skin.

delete them. for frodo you only need service.skin.widgets.

So, just go into the addon folder and delete them? Easy as that?
Well that was easy enough. Thanks.

RE: [WIP] Aeon Nox 4.0 [FRODO-ONLY] - phil65 - 2012-12-26

no problem, just press my rep button. that button was somehow hidden for several years, I have to catch up^^

RE: [WIP] Aeon Nox 4.0 [FRODO-ONLY] - StinDaWg - 2012-12-26

(2012-12-26, 02:53)Martijn Wrote: if a show gets spoiled by a single episode thumb it's not even worth watching

phil65 Wrote:that´s not a spoiler setting, that´s a general setting to show additional artwork (which also applies to movies)
and, before calling anyone an idiot: you´re free to contribute to thetvdb and choose better episode thumbs. they´re doin an awesome job.

I'm sorry but this is a BS response. I don't want to get all fired up considering this is Christmas and all and it's not life or death, but when you spend time investing in a show that is one of your favorites, and 2 seasons in a row the ending is spoiled because on the last episode someone put up a picture of someone dieing or escaping which the entire season was based on it pisses you off, and I have every right of calling them an idiot. Usually if this happens a mod on thetvdb will take the picture down or lock it, but not always. If this doesn't bother either of you and you don't want to add the option to toggle it fine, it's not my software. But please don't belittle others opinions just because it doesn't match your own.

(2012-12-26, 08:21)StinDaWg Wrote:
(2012-12-26, 02:53)Martijn Wrote: if a show gets spoiled by a single episode thumb it's not even worth watching

phil65 Wrote:that´s not a spoiler setting, that´s a general setting to show additional artwork (which also applies to movies)
and, before calling anyone an idiot: you´re free to contribute to thetvdb and choose better episode thumbs. they´re doin an awesome job.

I'm sorry but this is a BS response. I don't want to get all fired up considering this is Christmas and all and it's not life or death, but when you spend time investing in a show that is one of your favorites, and 2 seasons in a row the ending is spoiled because on the last episode someone put up a picture of someone dieing or escaping which the entire season was based on it pisses you off, and I have every right of calling them an idiot. Usually if this happens a mod on thetvdb will take the picture down or lock it, but not always. If this doesn't bother either of you and you don't want to add the option to toggle it fine, it's not my software. But please don't belittle others opinions just because it doesn't match your own.

congratulations. you´re the first user to claim a place in my ignore list. happy christmas.

RE: [WIP] Aeon Nox 4.0 [FRODO-ONLY] - BDPNA - 2012-12-26

I just watched the video and wet myself a little. Looks awesome. After all the MQ4 issues with Frodo, decided to come over here. I'm in!

Question I was hoping to get an answer to without having to read all 119 pages -- Running Frodo cutting edge RC2, so I want to keep the latest version of this skin installed across the 4 boxes in my house running XBMC. Is there an easy way to do that via repo or otherwise, or is it a manual SSH and FTP of any new changes/versions of Nox for now? I'd love to keep the same skin version synced across my ATV2's, my Ion box and my desktop.

RE: [WIP] Aeon Nox 4.0 [FRODO-ONLY] - pacooka - 2012-12-26

Hello phil,
Can you please take a look at the attached picture and let me know what font is the responsible for my issue:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/13055895/XBMC/fonts.jpg

I'm using Hebrew UTF-8 and all Hebrew font looks OK (Movie details, names etc...) but the movies headline ( as the attached picture)
Tried both , Ubuntu and Korean fonts (works with Hebrew)

RE: [WIP] Aeon Nox 4.0 [FRODO-ONLY] - clubwerks - 2012-12-26

I'll just say this. I'm very impressed with this skin. I'm a LONG time XBMC user and a long time contributor to the MQ2/3/4 project. I thought no skin could ever replace that one. I now have this skin setup on five different networked XBMC machines in my house and it's fantastic. Great work.

RE: [WIP] Aeon Nox 4.0 [FRODO-ONLY] - CutSickAss - 2012-12-26

(2012-12-26, 20:19)pacooka Wrote: Hello phil,
Can you please take a look at the attached picture and let me know what font is the responsible for my issue:

I'm using Hebrew UTF-8 and all Hebrew font looks OK (Movie details, names etc...) but the movies headline ( as the attached picture)

That's BebasNeue.ttf, and the specific symbol means it does not contain the characters needed to display the title (the Hebrew characters are not included).

The quickest fix would be to simply replace BebasNeue with a font that has the Hebrew letters, such as Ubuntu:
- Delete BebasNeue.ttf in folder "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeon.nox\fonts\".
- Copy-paste Ubuntu-C.ttf in the same folder.
- Rename the copy to "BebasNeue.ttf".

(2012-12-26, 19:51)BDPNA Wrote: I just watched the video and wet myself a little. Looks awesome. After all the MQ4 issues with Frodo, decided to come over here. I'm in!

Question I was hoping to get an answer to without having to read all 119 pages -- Running Frodo cutting edge RC2, so I want to keep the latest version of this skin installed across the 4 boxes in my house running XBMC. Is there an easy way to do that via repo or otherwise, or is it a manual SSH and FTP of any new changes/versions of Nox for now? I'd love to keep the same skin version synced across my ATV2's, my Ion box and my desktop.

It won´t be too long till 4.0 appears on the official repository. best thing would be to have a bit of patience Wink
having said that, please post all outstanding bugs NOW if you want to get them fixed for release.
our release cycles will get shorter after that i think because all structural major changes are in now, and that really was a lot.
(in numbers: 1877 commits since 3.6.1)

RE: [WIP] Aeon Nox 4.0 [FRODO-ONLY] - biochip - 2012-12-26

(2012-12-26, 01:41)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-12-25, 13:35)biochip Wrote: It possible to have cdart also in music infopanel? For shure it will motivate me and other to contribute more on fanart.tv Smile

done.

Thank you. You are the God.

ps. For some albums, specially with long names, cdarts are not showing. I don't know maybe it is my openelec installation issue. I also don't have now cdart in move infopanel.

it´s essential that the music library folder structure is exactly the same like the one chosen in skin settings --> paths.

RE: [WIP] Aeon Nox 4.0 [FRODO-ONLY] - pacooka - 2012-12-26

(2012-12-26, 21:45)CutSickAss Wrote:
(2012-12-26, 20:19)pacooka Wrote: Hello phil,

That's BebasNeue.ttf, and the specific symbol means it does not contain the characters needed to display the title (the Hebrew characters are not included).

The quickest fix would be to simply replace BebasNeue with a font that has the Hebrew letters, such as Ubuntu:
- Delete BebasNeue.ttf in folder "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeon.nox\fonts\".
- Copy-paste Ubuntu-C.ttf in the same folder.
- Rename the copy to "BebasNeue.ttf".

Thanks, it works great now!

RE: [WIP] Aeon Nox 4.0 [FRODO-ONLY] - ShadowTek - 2012-12-26

Wow, I wish Id looked at this skin earlier! And you can use a mouse! (Unlike Q4)

I have a few questions, what do you click on to get actor info? I see clicking on director or writer pops up that info, but can't figure out what to click on for the actors, I thought that info button was click-able but I was wrong.

Is there a option to use fanart? Ive always used Transparency and all my movies have a ton of fanart.

All the options in this are simply amazing! Thankl you for not forgetting us mouse users!

RE: [WIP] Aeon Nox 4.0 [FRODO-ONLY] - Eisi2005 - 2012-12-26

@shadow

press right if you are on an actor then the picture become a frame and then press enter for actor info.

Eisi