Kodi Community Forum
Linux teach remote to adjust audio sync - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Linux (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: Linux teach remote to adjust audio sync (/showthread.php?tid=142253)

Pages: 1 2

teach remote to adjust audio sync - qwertyjjj - 2012-10-08

I have the following remote: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=VRC-1100

How can I programn a button to open the audio sync screen and adjust the audio sync up and down?

RE: teach remote to adjust audio sync - qwertyjjj - 2012-10-10

any ideas?

RE: teach remote to adjust audio sync - qwertyjjj - 2012-10-19

is this possible?

RE: teach remote to adjust audio sync - neil.j1983 - 2012-10-19

if you know how to map your remote to keyboard presses then set one button to 'a' on the keyboard.

sorry if that's no help.

RE: teach remote to adjust audio sync - artrafael - 2012-10-20

For the VRC-1100 (wiki), you can create (or add to your existing) keyboard.xml (wiki) file in your userdata (wiki)/keymaps folder and specify the following remote button assignment:
Code:
<some-button>AudioDelay</some-button>
in the <FullscreenVideo> and <VideoMenu> sections.

If you don't already have a keyboard.xml file in your userdata/keymaps folder and you aren't making any other remote button assignments, the contents your keyboard.xml would look like this:
Code:
<keymaps>
  <FullscreenVideo>
    <keyboard>
    </keyboard>
  </FullscreenVideo>
  <VideoMenu>
    <keyboard>
    </keyboard>
  </VideoMenu>
</keymaps>

RE: teach remote to adjust audio sync - qwertyjjj - 2012-10-20

(2012-10-20, 00:12)artrafael Wrote: For the VRC-1100 (wiki), you can create (or add to your existing) keyboard.xml (wiki) file in your userdata (wiki)/keymaps folder and specify the following remote button assignment:
Code:
in the <FullscreenVideo> and <VideoMenu> sections.

If you don't already have a keyboard.xml file in your userdata/keymaps folder and you aren't making any other remote button assignments, the contents your keyboard.xml would look like this:
Code:
<keymaps>
  <FullscreenVideo>
    <keyboard>
    </keyboard>
  </FullscreenVideo>
  <VideoMenu>
    <keyboard>
    </keyboard>
  </VideoMenu>
</keymaps>

what do I use for {somebutton}?
How do I know what the names of the buttons are on the remote?:

RE: teach remote to adjust audio sync - qwertyjjj - 2012-10-22

anyone?

RE: teach remote to adjust audio sync - artrafael - 2012-10-22

Enable debug log (wiki)ging in XBMC, press the button you want to assign for this function several times, exit XBMC, look in your debug log (wiki) (xbmc.log) for those keypresses, note how XBMC identified that key, use that keyname for <some-button> in your keyboard.xml.

RE: teach remote to adjust audio sync - qwertyjjj - 2012-10-22

(2012-10-22, 19:59)artrafael Wrote: Enable debug log (wiki)ging in XBMC, press the button you want to assign for this function several times, exit XBMC, look in your debug log (wiki) (xbmc.log) for those keypresses, note how XBMC identified that key, use that keyname for <some-button> in your keyboard.xml.

Thanks, now how does xbmc know from the xml whether I want audio delay up or audio delay down?

RE: teach remote to adjust audio sync - artrafael - 2012-10-22

(2012-10-22, 22:29)qwertyjjj Wrote: Thanks, now how does xbmc know from the xml whether I want audio delay up or audio delay down?

Err... it doesn't know. You have to tell it what you want it to do. Use the right/left arrow keys to adjust delay.

RE: teach remote to adjust audio sync - negge - 2012-10-22

I have mapped the "chan +/-" buttons on my MCE remote to increase/decrease audio delay. I just but this in my keymaps/remote.xml:

Quote:<keymap>
<FullscreenVideo>
<remote>
<pageplus>AudioDelayPlus</pageplus>
<pageminus>AudioDelayMinus</pageminus>
</remote>
</FullscreenVideo>
</keymap>

Hope that helps.

RE: teach remote to adjust audio sync - qwertyjjj - 2012-10-23

(2012-10-22, 22:46)artrafael Wrote:
(2012-10-22, 22:29)qwertyjjj Wrote: Thanks, now how does xbmc know from the xml whether I want audio delay up or audio delay down?

Err... it doesn't know. You have to tell it what you want it to do. Use the right/left arrow keys to adjust delay.

That was my point! In the xml a few posts above it just says AudioDelay.
What is the xbmc command to have AudioDelay+ and AudioDelay- mapped to different keys?

EDIT: I see the answer 1 above might work.

RE: teach remote to adjust audio sync - negge - 2012-10-23

Indeed, the commands are AudioDelayPlus and AudioDelayMinus.

RE: teach remote to adjust audio sync - vbat99 - 2012-10-24

(2012-10-22, 22:46)artrafael Wrote:

Pretty much the button you selected for Audio delay, will pop up the audio delay slider, then just increase/decrease as required.

RE: teach remote to adjust audio sync - qwertyjjj - 2012-10-26

so do i put it in keyboard.xml or remote.xml?