Kodi Community Forum
Movie Sets Collection Grouping for Video Database Library Custom Sort Order Filters? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Feature Requests (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Movie Sets Collection Grouping for Video Database Library Custom Sort Order Filters? (/showthread.php?tid=14476)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

- Zippolighter - 2009-09-24

I try this feature but I have some questions

In the videoview title, genre etc. a new point set is available. If I move to the set, I found the setname, with click on the setname I found the movies ordered via date.

My questions:
In the title view, all the movies from the set are show, is that the correct behavior. I have expect in the title view show only the set.

Is it possible to set the sorttitle via nfo.

Use PM3.HD

Thanks for your answers
regards Zippolighter

- jmarshall - 2009-09-24

As I've already said: Grouping/stacking sets within the title view is not supported currently.

It very likely will not be supported until the video library is rewritten.

- Zippolighter - 2009-09-24

hi Jonathan,
I understand, thanks for your fast answer.

- Zippolighter - 2009-10-09

In Rev 23458 I see that all the sets aren't show in the title view. Is this for now the correct behavior??

Thanks

- sho - 2009-10-31

Has this been documented at all, I may be obtuse, but reading this thread (from approx when the patch first came up) I do not get it.
Is it a new node like genres etc?
What should the nfo files be called and where should they be stored?

- joelmeans - 2009-11-01

sho Wrote:Has this been documented at all, I may be obtuse, but reading this thread (from approx when the patch first came up) I do not get it.
Is it a new node like genres etc?
What should the nfo files be called and where should they be stored?

I don't believe it has been documented. I should probably do that, but haven't. As the patch originally went in, it added a new node, like genres. Spiff has since added the listing of sets in the title view. So, if you have any sets in your database, instead of seeing the individual movies listed, you see your set listed. Clicking on the set name brings up a list of movies in that set.

The nfo files should be in the same directory as the movie and named <movie_filename>.nfo. If you export your library as individual files, it creates these nfo files. You can add your set info to the files that need it as <set>Set Name</set>, remove the movie from your library, and then do a library update to add the movie back with the set info.

Hope it makes more sense now. If you have any more questions, just ask away.
Joel

- Zippolighter - 2009-11-01

I think an important additional information is, that in the nfo-file the <sorttitle></sorttitle> can use, for a correct sortorder by name in the set.

- jmarshall - 2009-11-01

Within the set, things are actually ordered by releasedate rather than sorttitle (though that is an option).

- sho - 2009-11-02

Works as advertised.
One more question, what thumb does it use (criteria) and can it be changed?
<sorttitle></sorttitle> is independant of sets? (how did I miss this...Huh )

- Zippolighter - 2009-11-02

SET-Thumb and SET-Name can change via the context menu

the <sorttitle></sorttitle> is only an option. It works general for sortorder name.

But I found in the wiki no infos to sorttitle

Loving this - Elvito - 2009-11-02

Just tried it out, and it works like a dream!

This is a wonderful feature, thx a million!!

- sho - 2009-11-05

jmarshall Wrote:Within the set, things are actually ordered by releasedate rather than sorttitle (though that is an option).
Apparently not any more
http://www.xbmc.org/trac/changeset/24097

- spiff - 2009-11-05

that is outside the sets mate Smile they used to sort as directories, i.e. first

- sho - 2009-11-05

Well, they sort by name for me (inside the set)

- joelmeans - 2009-11-06

sho Wrote:Well, they sort by name for me (inside the set)

You can change the sort order. Your two options are by date and by title (or sorttitle). Date should be the default.

I do, however, need to see about getting it to save the sort state for each set individually. That way I can sort Star Wars by title and everything else by date. As it is now (at least the last time I tried), all sets are sorted the same way. I mean, if you sort by date on one set then go to another set, it is sorted by date. If you then change to sorting by title and go back to the first set, it is now sorted by title. I think it is easily fixed, but I haven't looked at it yet.
Joel