Kodi Community Forum
Movie Sets Collection Grouping for Video Database Library Custom Sort Order Filters? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Feature Requests (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Movie Sets Collection Grouping for Video Database Library Custom Sort Order Filters? (/showthread.php?tid=14476)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

- sho - 2009-11-06

Sort by: Year (I should have spent more time on writing up that stuff)

- francyboy - 2009-11-07

hi to all.

1) It's possible to add a genre to a set ? I use a lot the genre view when i create a set i see it in all the genre list (e.g. it's not good see "Ed Wood b-movie" set in comedy, thriller, sci-fi ect...).

2) It's possible to add a fanart?

Thank ! and great work !!!

- sho - 2009-11-07

1) Should be fixed, what SVN are you running?

2) not currently

- francyboy - 2009-11-07

sho Wrote:1) Should be fixed, what SVN are you running?

windows, rev 24195 dx

- sho - 2009-11-07

http://www.xbmc.org/trac/changeset/24224

Support for Boxset/Movie Collections - Inebriated - 2009-11-26

I've been thinking about a missing feature in XBMC.

I have quite alot of Boxsets of movies, and many of them are just randomly scattered around the movielist.

I would love an option that could detect "boxset" in a foldername, and then make a Boxset "folder" in the movielist.

Example:

I have a 24 movie boxset of Terence Hill & Bud Spencer movies, that are scattered all over my movie list.

My folderstructure for movie source is:

X:/Movies/<Moviename>/moviefiles
X:/Movies/<Boxset name>/<Moviename>/moviefiles

I would love if XBMC could detect this structure, and then make one movie entry on the complete movies list, that opened up a new movielist for my movies inside each boxset.

Also, including in this it would be lovely if the sort-method inside boxsets could be set individually from the complete movielist, in case you want them sorted by year inthere, but all movies sorted by title.

Just my 2cents to an already awsome mediacenter application Tongue

- spiff - 2009-11-26

wow! what an amazing idea. which was implemented 4months ago.

it won't be using your folder names, nor will we ever be using your folder names. nfo files is needed.

- Inebriated - 2009-11-26

Please explain further for me there. Since i have no idea of how to make it happen (wich is why im making the suggestion here in the first place).

Thx in advance

- spiff - 2009-11-26

your choice of guy to ask for hand holding is probably the worst there is Wink

search the forums. or the wiki. or pray someone which is more prone to explaining things they know are perfectly explained elsewhere pops by.

Oki doki... i'll try my way around the forums again in search for some clarification.

Thx for you time anyways - if nothing else, you at least gave me the hope that it is posible Smile

after using google for help i finally found some answers, and see why you would a little grumpy Big Grin nice job

- natethomas - 2009-11-26

I think this should get you where you're going, inebriated.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=14476&page=16

Look for joelmeans's post.

I've got it working already, but thx anyways.

I've now taken the next step as to find out what it takes to make an option inside XBMC to make sets and add movies to them.

Since all of this .nfo editing is rather slow work Smile

Also the <sorttitle> part would be lovely if we could alter from inside XBMC itself.

- blaize - 2009-11-26

perhaps you would like to post your answers in this tread for others who are interested in this?

i'd rather see the same information several times then several people saying 'the info is out there' Wink

Of course, since it was quite a detective's work to get what i wanted out og the threads.

For making Movie Sets:

make a "movie.nfo" inside the moviefolder.

write something like this:

<movie>
<sorttitle>Harry Potter 1</sorttitle>
<set>Harry Potter Collection</set>
</movie>

this will make Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone a part of the Harry Potter Collection set. Also, if sorted by name, it will be the first one, regardless what the title actually says, because of the <sorttitle>.

After some more research into this matter, i find that someone is already working on the GUI parts. Most of it is already there: Delete and Rename for instance, but the create part is still missing. Hopefully it doesn't make too many problems for them Smile

- thecubical - 2009-11-27

Can anyone tell me if I'm doing it right.

Ive got 2 fast 2 furious. I put a movie.nfo containing the following
<movie>
<sorttitle>The Fast and the Furious 2</sorttitle>
<set>The Fast and the Furious</set>
</movie>

I deleted it from the library and tried to scan it in again but it wont show. The log shows this

3:25:20 T:2828 M:1302757376 DEBUG: VIDEO::CVideoInfoScanner:Big GrinoScan Rescanning dir 'smb://LIUKANG/Movies/2 Fast 2 Furious (2003)/' due to change
23:25:20 T:2828 M:1302757376 DEBUG: Hash[movies,smb://LIUKANG/Movies/2 Fast 2 Furious (2003)/]Big GrinB=[10D4201D28469F04086844B10B66FCB4],Computed=[FCBA3718F2631920DC5922FF58785402]
23:25:20 T:2828 M:1302740992 DEBUG: CVideoDatabase::GetMovieId (stack://smb://LIUKANG/Movies/2 Fast 2 Furious (2003)/2fast2furious-cd1.avi , smb://LIUKANG/Movies/2 Fast 2 Furious (2003)/2fast2furious-cd2.avi), query = select idMovie from movie where idFile=1
23:25:20 T:2828 M:1302732800 DEBUG: Not adding item to library as no info was found Sad