Kodi Community Forum
Movie Sets Collection Grouping for Video Database Library Custom Sort Order Filters? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Feature Requests (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Movie Sets Collection Grouping for Video Database Library Custom Sort Order Filters? (/showthread.php?tid=14476)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

- sho - 2010-01-05

Worked fine for me on the latest T3ch, have you actually refreshed the movie entry after adding the set?

- blastactionhero - 2010-01-05

they were new to the library, so no need for refreshing.

is the set tag maybe on the wrong position, or doesnt that matter?

i will try the latest t3ch from 3rd of january now. will see what happens..

it works, it works. °dance

Movie Sets question? - tedkunich - 2010-01-29

Is it possible to nest Movie Sets? I have a documentary DVD set with multiple episodes plus bonus footage for each episode - I would like to set up a set for the entire documentary and have the bonus segments in another set under the main set. Is this possible?

Thanks,

T

- spiff - 2010-01-29

no. this is certainly not what sets are for.

- crash123 - 2010-01-29

You want to set you dvd up as a TV show I think.

- tigertailz - 2010-03-30

If im not misstaken there is gui support for this now, but how is it used?

- M. Spock - 2010-09-27

blakholephysics Wrote:I think that this would be a nice feature as well.

Would it be possible to override the default order by just having as simple file in the desired directory? Say a file titled "order.xml" present in the directory with files that you want reordered.

the structure of the file would be (please forgive my lack of programming skills)

Code:
<group>
   <file>"indiana jones and the raiders of the lost ark.avi"</file>
      <pos>1</pos>
   <file>"indiana jones and the temple of doom.avi"</file>
      <pos>2</pos>
   <file>"indiana jones and the last crusade.avi</file>
      <pos>3</pos>
</group>
<group>
   <file>"alien.avi"</file>
      <pos>1</pos>
   <file>"aliens.avi"</file>
      <pos>2</pos>
</group>

I really don't know much about xml but would a format like that be possible (and fast?)

I had a similar suggestion and searched to see if it has not been asked...
Here is my suggestion including the one above.

I wanted something to group movies (for series like indiana jones, star trek (the movies), star wars....). I prefer groups (identified by one icon), because the full list is beginning to be a bit long.

My suggestion was: use directories to group.

In a directory we may put a file named directory.nfo which gives informations about the directory content:
  • if the directory is a group by itself or not (by default if the file is absent, so the behaviour is like now)
  • the name of the group
  • the icon of the group
  • the forced order/placement of some files

Below is examples which may be more understandable than my explanations.

An example of one icon for the directory as a group (taking the citation above):
Code:
<directory>
   <is_group>true</is_group>
   <title>Indiana Jones</title>   <?-- default id the name of the directory -->
   <icon>IndianaJones.jpg</icon> <?-- default is the name of directory + extension for icons -->
   <?-- Maybe other tags for directory -->
   <order>
      <file>indiana jones and the raiders of the lost ark</file>
      <file>indiana jones and the temple of doom</file>
      <file>indiana jones and the last crusade</file>
   </order>
</directory>

An example of just giving order for the directory but not having it as a group (taking the citation above):
Code:
<directory>
   <is_group>false</is_group> <?-- the default if tag is absent -->
   <title>dummy</title> <?-- may not be here since not used because is_group is false, default if the directory name itself -->
   <icon>dummy</icon> <?-- same remark -->
   <?-- Maybe other tags for directory -->
  <order placement="Indiana Jones">
     <file>indiana jones and the raiders of the lost ark.avi</file>
     <file>indiana jones and the temple of doom.mkv</file>
     <file>indiana jones and the last crusade.iso</file>
  </order>
  <order placement="zzzzz"> <?-- put 'alien' at the end, why not ? -->
     <file>alien.avi</file>
     <file>aliens.mkv</file>
  </order>
</directory>

Tags:
  • is_group: Boolean: If true the content of whole directory is a group shown as an icon. if false, the directory is just a list of file (as now)
  • title: the name of the group as it appears on screen and is user to place it in the containing list.
  • icon: file for the icon to click to see the group content
  • order: declare a list of file with may be visually grouped and in the order defined. The "placement" option indicates where to put the set of files in the containing list. If absent, the name of the first file in the set is used
  • file: inside 'order' defines a file containing a movie (maybe without extension), the order of the 'file' tags is the order of the movies in the list shown by xbmc

This directory.nfo file can be in a toplevel directory (a source).

Then, in the main list, there will be titles for directories as groups and files in directories not considered as groups.
Maybe can it be recursive (groups inside a group).

PS: Sorry if I am not very clear. French is my mother tongue and my English is probably not as good as I would like.

- M. Spock - 2010-09-27

Sorry.

Of course, it is just when I have posted the message that I have have been told by another search of 'sets' and 'moviesets'.

By it as to be done by hand.
If you have a new movie in the set, you must had it by hand.
It is not done by the automatic scan because you did put the file in the right directory.

sorry again.

Box-Sets for movies - ghostelement - 2010-10-18

I tried searching, and couldn't see that this had been requested before. I think it would be cool to have some way to show movies in a box-set format if you have all the movies for that set. Then you could tell XBMC to play all of the movies in sequence if you wanted.

I'm kind of new to the XBMC scene. I come from the MediaBrowser group. We had this functionality with MB and a lot of people liked it, so I figured I'd see if you guys wanted it.

Not sure if this would help someone get this started since it's very different setting this stuff up in XBMC, but here's how it worked in MB.

http://community.mediabrowser.tv/permalinks/1351/how-to-setup-a-movie-boxset-media-collection

- Stranger - 2010-10-18

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Movie_Sets

- ghostelement - 2010-10-18

Stranger Wrote:http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Movie_Sets

Thanks for the link. I guess I was just looking for something a little easier and user friendly. Trying to avoid having to do custom nfo files. It would be nice to be able to drill down into a movies details and have an option to link it to other movies in a set. You could let it know how many total movies there are, which number this currently selected movie is, and what the title of the box-set is. Then a separate box-set section would show up under Movies.

- Flomaster - 2010-10-18

I used ember media manager to put 126 Disney movies into a "Disney" movie set, only taking up one space in my library, clicking Disney reviles each movie.

using ember is pretty much the easiest your going to get.

-=Jason=-

- ghostelement - 2010-10-18

So is it possible that someone might be able to build something like this directly into XBMC? I'm just talking about a long way down the road. I know it would be a lot of work. But it might be a cool project to start up.

- AaronD - 2010-10-18

They are talking about doing this eventually. The whole movie library is up for an overhaul by the devs. The current, manual, setup for box sets was just implemented to give people some way of achieving the functionality without having to wait for the overhaul.

- Stranger - 2010-10-18

Flomaster Wrote:I used ember media manager to put 126 Disney movies into a "Disney" movie set, only taking up one space in my library, clicking Disney reviles each movie.

using ember is pretty much the easiest your going to get.

-=Jason=-

I would have made a smart playlist for that and linked it to the home page, that would have been easier and more user friendly (initially)... but giving your disney movies a home inside you movie library to make space make's a lot of sense...

Movie sets are relatively new and ember media manager is (currently) the best way to sort them... soon I imagine movie sets will become a little more automated, dynamic and displayed better in the movie library