Kodi Community Forum
Movie Sets Collection Grouping for Video Database Library Custom Sort Order Filters? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Feature Requests (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Movie Sets Collection Grouping for Video Database Library Custom Sort Order Filters? (/showthread.php?tid=14476)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Stacking Movie Series - Library Mode - Kingsley - 2009-07-14

Hi Guys,

I have done a search but can't find any infomation on this.
Im sure i've read somewhere in the past about this but can't find it again.

Is it at all possible to stack Movies in library mode, so that for example you would have all your movie thumbs, and then get to say star wars, and you would have all the star wars films available once you pressed on star wars?

Possible or not?

Thanks all

- jmarshall - 2009-07-15

Nope - this has been covered several times, so search if you wish to read further.

It's something that will be available once I get off my arse and start coding up stuff for the new library.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Grouping box set movies - xbmcmonkey - 2009-07-21

Is there a way to group box set movies (i.e. Spiderman -> Spiderman 1, Spiderman 2, Spiderman 3)?

It would be great if a box set can show as one icon/thumb in the library and when you click on it you get the listing of the movies within it. Nod

Tracker ticket id associated with this Feature Requests? - xbmcmonkey - 2009-07-21

jmarshall Wrote:Nope - this has been covered several times, so search if you wish to read further.

It's something that will be available once I get off my arse and start coding up stuff for the new library.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Hey Jonathan;
Is there a tracker ticket id associated with this Feature Requests?

Movie 'Box-Set' Support in Video Library? - KingPsycho - 2009-07-26

I think it would be cool to see the ability to create box sets in the library and layer them so if there is no box set just the movie cover and fanart will display but if there is you can choose a top layer background art and set image. I think the skinners and a few other people might run with the idea and create poster images for box sets maybe by grabbing dvd cover sides or actual pictures of box sets on thier sides. It shouldnt be too tough as I assume its some pretty close to what the TV library already uses. Just a thought.

- jmarshall - 2009-07-27

Welcome to the forums. Please search in future before posting new threads as this has been covered many, many times:

http://forum.xbmc.org/search.php?searchid=3457688

Cheers,
Jonathan

- ashlar - 2009-07-27

Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

I doubt that's what you wanted to link to. Smile

- jmarshall - 2009-07-27

Search for "Box AND set". Probably a c&p fail on my behalf.

- openricky - 2009-07-28

has anybody tried using the tv show database for movies, in a hacky way to put grouped movies together?

with nfo files, it seems like it could be done, for example:
Harry Potter 1x1 The Socerer's Stone.avi
Harry Potter 2x1 The Chamber of Secrets.avi
etc.

Batman 1x1 Batman 1966.avi
Batman 2x1 Batman 1989.avi
Batman 3x1 Batman Begins.avi
Batman 3x2 The Dark Knight.avi
etc.

there is a new mod for the skin 'Aeon Auriga' that lets you place any favorite as a main menu item. so, in the nfos for the harry potter movies, force the genre 'Movie', then make a favorite out of that called 'Movies' and add it to the main menu (turning off the default 'Movies' item).

would require changes and new nfos for ALL movies, and may miss out on scraping info for the movies, but grouping would work, no? with the added addition of trailers and dvd extras, too, i imagine.

thoughts on this? or does it just make more sense to wait for jmarshall to improve the movie db for real?

- sho - 2009-07-28

This should surely work, you might want to keep each group within the same season though (the convention is seasonxep), unless you really want each HP movie within a separate season.

Except I supect that the TV show portion of the Video Library supports different metadata, so you would be limited to those.

Why not play with it, you have months after all.

- openricky - 2009-07-28

yeah, i do plan to play with it, with some dummy video files, just haven't gotten around to it since it popped into my head over the weekend.

my thoughts for each HP movie as a separate season would be for trailers and extras. season 2, episode 2 could be a trailer, episode 3 could be deleted scenes, or something like that.

but then again, it hasn't been thought out too much yet. i got the idea when i decided to just put anime movies in the tv database, to have all my anime together. interestingly, some anime movies are on thetvdb.com, 'paprika' for example:
http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=80325&lid=7

but i won't go so far as to suggest that people clog up the thetvdb.com database with movies. local nfo files and local jpegs should work fine (and faster).

- feppa - 2009-07-30

Second that! would like to see this kind of feature aswell.

I use Mymovies to manage my movie metadata and in media center all movies are grouped into one with submenues. This would be cool on xbmc aswell.

- joelmeans - 2009-08-07

Hi All,
I just wanted to drop a note in this thread to mention that I have submitted a patch which adds a "sorttitle" field to the movie info in the database. If this field exists for a movie, it is sorted based on that. There is one patch to add the basic functionality (requiring a <sorttitle></sorttitle> field to be added to your .nfo file) and another which adds a context menu button to edit the Sort Title in the GUI. You can get the patch from trac (ticket #7008).

Also, I am starting to work on adding the ability to group by sets. Currently, I have added a table to the database containing a list of sets and another table linking movies to sets, including the order of the movie within the set. This allows you to put a section in your .nfo that looks like this:
<set>
<name>Star Wars</name>
<order>1</order>
</set>
for Star Wars Episode I. I can read to and write from the .nfo file for this. Now I have to figure out what to do with this info with respect to the Library. It would be easy enough to add a "Sets" grouping similar to "Genre", "Actor", "Director", "Year", etc., but I think it would be nice to have an entry for each set in the "Title" listing which would take you to a listing of the movies within that set when clicked. That will require a lot more work and a lot more understanding of the way the views are put together.

Anyway, I just wanted folks to know that I am working on this and to see if people have other ideas of how it should work.
Thanks,
Joel

- harryzimm - 2009-08-08

Thanks joelmeans, this is great news. Trying now

cheers

- jmarshall - 2009-08-08

It's in SVN as of r22048.