Kodi Community Forum
Transparency! v5.0.0 for XBMC Frodo 12.0 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Transparency! (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=115)
+----- Thread: Transparency! v5.0.0 for XBMC Frodo 12.0 (/showthread.php?tid=146556)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: Transparency! v5.0.0 for XBMC Frodo 12.0 - shortskoolbus - 2013-10-24

I keep getting an "installation failed" when i try to install this skin. any ideas?

RE: Transparency! v5.0.0 for XBMC Frodo 12.0 - ronie - 2013-10-24

(2013-10-24, 02:36)shortskoolbus Wrote: I keep getting an "installation failed" when i try to install this skin. any ideas?

nope, i have no idea. a Debug Log might provide some clues:

1 enable debug logging in xbmc
2 restart xbmc
3 try to install the skin
4 post your Debug Log on xbmclogs.com

RE: Transparency! v5.0.0 for XBMC Frodo 12.0 - macchina - 2013-10-27

Hey Ronie,

back with Frodo 12.2. and your excellent version 5.0.9. Wow! great work since my last configuration (Eden).

I have 2 issues with my fresh installation:

1. Artist Slideshow seems having troubles. It wont start (only black screen). Artist-Bio works. Debug Log

2. Small grafics problem on conver-flow (Screenshot, more Screenshots)

Best greatings & thank you for your great job!

Ernest

RE: Transparency! v5.0.0 for XBMC Frodo 12.0 - ronie - 2013-10-27

(2013-10-27, 19:59)macchina Wrote: 1. Artist Slideshow seems having troubles. It wont start (only black screen). Artist-Bio works. Debug Log
it does start and runs fine. it seems it can't find any images though.
check the artist slideshow addon settings and enable all the download options.
by default only last.fm is enabled and that one seems to be broken.
(2013-10-27, 19:59)macchina Wrote: 2. Small grafics problem on conver-flow (Screenshot, more Screenshots)
the fact that some of the album covers are missing?
do they show up in other views, like fanart view for instance?
also, check if they appear in Confluence please.

RE: Transparency! v5.0.0 for XBMC Frodo 12.0 - macchina - 2013-10-27

Hi,

wow, fast response :-)

Quote:it does start and runs fine. it seems it can't find any images though.
check the artist slideshow addon settings and enable all the download options.
by default only last.fm is enabled and that one seems to be broken.

Ok, I've now enabled all sources. Sometimes it takes very long, that the 1. pic is loaded. It works now :-)

Quote:the fact that some of the album covers are missing?
do they show up in other views, like fanart view for instance?
also, check if they appear in Confluence please.

Seems to be a caching problem. If I switch from Coverflow to thumbnails and then back, everything is ok.
On the next artist, the same behavior, until I made a switch to Thumbnails and back.
Confluence doesn't have a coverflow and in T!-Thumbnails all ok.

Best regards
Ernest

RE: Transparency! v5.0.0 for XBMC Frodo 12.0 - kernel610 - 2013-10-27

So I'm sure this question has been asked but I searched all over and couldn't find it. I installed the SportsDevil add-on with the Transparency skin and SportsDevil doesn't appear under Add-ons. When I switch to Aeon Nox, I can find SportsDevil under Videos > Add-Ons. How do I access this on Transparancy skin? It shows as installed and enabled but I can't seem to find how to launch it with this skin.

RE: Transparency! v5.0.0 for XBMC Frodo 12.0 - ronie - 2013-10-27

(2013-10-27, 21:28)kernel610 Wrote: So I'm sure this question has been asked but I searched all over and couldn't find it. I installed the SportsDevil add-on with the Transparency skin and SportsDevil doesn't appear under Add-ons. When I switch to Aeon Nox, I can find SportsDevil under Videos > Add-Ons. How do I access this on Transparancy skin? It shows as installed and enabled but I can't seem to find how to launch it with this skin.

highlight 'movies' on the home menu.
press right, then a submenu will appear.
video addons is listed there.

RE: Transparency! v5.0.0 for XBMC Frodo 12.0 - Ahughes4 - 2013-10-28

Hi All.

I'm fairly new to xbmc see so please excuse any signs of ignorance. Huh

I'm using xbmc on my Raspberry Pi and loving it, I have installed the Transparency skin and I love it kudos on your hard work dude. The default though seems to remove the sub menu add-ons ie YouTube, Navi-x, xbmc maintenance, xbmc backup, or whatever you may have added to programs, movies and the like. Can these be customised I have had a look through but it seems a bit confusing.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated to help a noob help himself. Big Grin

Regards Alex

RE: Transparency! v5.0.0 for XBMC Frodo 12.0 - ronie - 2013-10-28

(2013-10-28, 16:58)Ahughes4 Wrote: Hi All.

I'm fairly new to xbmc see so please excuse any signs of ignorance. Huh

I'm using xbmc on my Raspberry Pi and loving it, I have installed the Transparency skin and I love it kudos on your hard work dude. The default though seems to remove the sub menu add-ons ie YouTube, Navi-x, xbmc maintenance, xbmc backup, or whatever you may have added to programs, movies and the like. Can these be customised I have had a look through but it seems a bit confusing.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated to help a noob help himself. Big Grin

Regards Alex

add those addons to favourites (right click on the addone > 'add to favourites')
next go to settings > skin settings > menu
click on any of the 'custom' submenu items and you can select the addon there.

RE: Transparency! v5.0.0 for XBMC Frodo 12.0 - Ahughes4 - 2013-10-29

Hi Ronie.
Thanks for the help much appreciated, Rofl one other quick question is there any way of restoring Transparency back to it's default configuration? I've made a few changes and I'd like to restore it to it's out of the box setup, I have uninstalled and reinstalled but it reinstalls with the changes I've made, is it cached ?

Regards Alex

RE: Transparency! v5.0.0 for XBMC Frodo 12.0 - ronie - 2013-10-29

(2013-10-29, 09:30)Ahughes4 Wrote: Hi Ronie.
Thanks for the help much appreciated, Rofl one other quick question is there any way of restoring Transparency back to it's default configuration? I've made a few changes and I'd like to restore it to it's out of the box setup, I have uninstalled and reinstalled but it reinstalls with the changes I've made, is it cached ?

Regards Alex

the skin settings are saved in guisettings.xml in your userdata folder.
this file also contains all of the xbmc settings.

deleting the file is your only option to reset T! to it's defaults,
but you'll also your custom xbmc settings (in case you've changed those).

RE: Transparency! v5.0.0 for XBMC Frodo 12.0 - PatK - 2013-11-03

Just a quick note of some clarification, guess it's the time of year various versions meet in disaster.

Wanting to try out Frodo 12.2 OCT 28th build, I started clean with a full installation and picked up SVN T! v6.0.2 from the trunk and copied it over. Looks like all the radio buttons in settings are missing, copied over my org Transparency! v5.0.10 also with no radio buttons, but confluence does show the radio switches.

Question is there a SVN version for this ver of XBMC OCT 28th build; or is the time ripe to go straight to Gotham? And if so.. is there a SVN version that allow for gfx mods? (I have customization's).

RE: Transparency! v5.0.0 for XBMC Frodo 12.0 - ronie - 2013-11-03

(2013-11-03, 19:09)PatK Wrote: Just a quick note of some clarification, guess it's the time of year various versions meet in disaster.

Wanting to try out Frodo 12.2 OCT 28th build, I started clean with a full installation and picked up SVN T! v6.0.2 from the trunk and copied it over. Looks like all the radio buttons in settings are missing, copied over my org Transparency! v5.0.10 also with no radio buttons, but confluence does show the radio switches.

Question is there a SVN version for this ver of XBMC OCT 28th build; or is the time ripe to go straight to Gotham? And if so.. is there a SVN version that allow for gfx mods? (I have customization's).

T! svn is only compatible with recent gotham nightly builds.
for all XBMC Frodo versions, use T! from the frodo addon repo.

RE: Transparency! v5.0.0 for XBMC Frodo 12.0 - ajaydarez - 2014-01-06

Hi all, I just started using transparency and it is an absolutely gorgeous skin. I am trying out the different customizations. I love the cover flow view for my movies and tv shows. Can I set the cover flow as the default to use always instead of the list view (currently I have to go into each menu of each add on and set the view to cover flow, else it shows as a list )

RE: Transparency! v5.0.0 for XBMC Frodo 12.0 - capfuturo - 2014-01-07

@ronie: XBMC 12.3 (Git-20131212-9ed3e58)'s repo marks Transparency! as broken, even after forcing refresh. Any non-svn link to .zip? Thanks