Kodi Community Forum
Integrated Video Game Emulators - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+---- Forum: RetroPlayer Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=194)
+---- Thread: Integrated Video Game Emulators (/showthread.php?tid=146711)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

RE: Integrated Video Game Emulators - matt77303 - 2013-02-24

here you go

http://pastebin.com/URi4vsW4

Matt

RE: Integrated Video Game Emulators - Jaeensson - 2013-02-24

As a temporary workaround for the Xbox 360 controller on linux I've used xboxdrv and mapped the buttons to the corresponding keyboard buttons (A -> 'z', B->'x', etc.). This makes it possible to play the games with the controller but limits the menu navigation slightly.

RE: Integrated Video Game Emulators - drivesoslow - 2013-02-24

(2013-02-24, 18:38)matt77303 Wrote: here you go

http://pastebin.com/URi4vsW4

Matt

16:43:27 T:2974288752 ERROR: Unable to load /home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/gameclient.genplus/libretro-genplus.so, reason: /home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/gameclient.genplus/libretro-genplus.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
16:43:27 T:2974288752 ERROR: GameClient: Error loading DLL /home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/gameclient.genplus/libretro-genplus.so

You must be on 32bit linux since the current precompiled binaries or 64bit. You will need to download and compile them manually or wait until the 32bit versions are online.

RE: Integrated Video Game Emulators - garbear - 2013-02-24

You can install 32 bit emus. Instead of libretro -> emulators go to libretro -> repositories and install the 32 bit repo. Disabling the 64 bit report also might remove those emus from the list of installable ones.

MAME is in the 32 bit ones if anyone wants to try. Do not say it doesn't work unless you post a debug log via xbmclogs.com

Integrated Video Game Emulators - BLKMGK - 2013-02-24

(2013-02-24, 19:08)Jaeensson Wrote: As a temporary workaround for the Xbox 360 controller on linux I've used xboxdrv and mapped the buttons to the corresponding keyboard buttons (A -> 'z', B->'x', etc.). This makes it possible to play the games with the controller but limits the menu navigation slightly.

Ah ha! I was wondering what to do for a controller! I do have xboxdrv loaded but hadn't tried to configure it yet and was wondering. If joysticks could be supported without external drivers or configuration that would be awesome. An additonal dependency etc would be no biggie. I'm going to research getting the wireless hardware working today as I've got the hardware meant to support it on Windows.

I did get a game running under bsnes, I think there's something about my MarioKart ROM that's weird is all - bummer! Upgrading to a later distro was key for libc support. It might help others who aren't willing to upgrade and who aren't sure about compiling if binaries for older versions of libc were posted somewhere.

If folks are looking to help I'd agree that Linux joystick support ranks high. With that complete I think this is pretty close to being very usable. Library support and tweaks, then what? Wow this is cool! :-)

Nvm

how do i remove the 64bit repo?

still stuck with the same problem even though the 32bit one is enabled>?

Thanks for any help

Matt

RE: Integrated Video Game Emulators - emrlddrgn - 2013-02-25

(2013-02-24, 16:25)drivesoslow Wrote:
(2013-02-24, 10:10)emrlddrgn Wrote: Hey everyone, I'm new here, but this was cool enough that I couldn't pass by. I'm a programmer (among other things) and though I don't have a lot of free time, I'd like to use some of it to help out with this project.

I succeeded in building the current release. Is there a good collection of what needs testing or development at this time? I went through the thread but due to editing after the fact it's difficult to see what has and hasn't been done.

Are you on Windows or Linux?

The Linux version has yet to have working joystick input.

Hmm, interesting. I'm currently on Windows just because it seems to be the primary dev platform. I do have a Linux box though, maybe when my gamepad comes in in a few (days? weeks? who knows?) I'll take a crack at that if it hasn't been resolved.

RE: Integrated Video Game Emulators - voiddreamer - 2013-02-25

Having the same issue as matt77303. The option to disable the 64-bit repo (either of them to be exact) is not available. It's greyed out.

RE: Integrated Video Game Emulators - garbear - 2013-02-25

Bummer. Until XBMC handles binary add-ons (keep an eye on PR2230), there's not much I can do about the linux situation. Try deleting xbmc-install-folder/addons/repository.libretro-linux.

RE: Integrated Video Game Emulators - drivesoslow - 2013-02-25

Or manually compile and install the emulators

RE: Integrated Video Game Emulators - matt77303 - 2013-02-25

(2013-02-25, 03:30)drivesoslow Wrote: Or manually compile and install the emulators

Is there a guide or hints to do that?

Matt

RE: Integrated Video Game Emulators - xceph - 2013-02-25

(2013-02-25, 13:57)matt77303 Wrote:
(2013-02-25, 03:30)drivesoslow Wrote: Or manually compile and install the emulators

Is there a guide or hints to do that?

Matt

Yup!

RE: Integrated Video Game Emulators - Ubuntu compiling - voiddreamer - 2013-02-25

Compiled the emulators last night and copied them over. Out of the 3 that I had roms to test, wswan is the only one that didn't work. bsnes and s9x work great. The only other issue I have is no sound. I'll post debug logs and specs later on today. Also, have it mostly working with sixad / PS3 Controller wireless/bluetooth, just need to configure the keymapping.

I had plenty of trouble getting XBMC compiled but I finally figured out the issues.

For anyone else that might need help with compiling on linux (Ubuntu specifically), if you are having issues completing a compile be sure -j4 is not used for make. For some reason this tends to be flaky and can freeze the compile. Alternatively -j2 seems to be safe, and -j1 / ommiting -j# is default.

Also, if you are experiencing any issues trying to compile through sudo, you should just compile as root (sudo su or login as root if available).

If you get any errors pertaining to ProjectM while compiling then you need to either remove/reinstall your video drivers (nVidia / ATI / libgl1-mesa-dri ) or update your locate db (sudo updatedb) as your symbolic links for libGL.so are likely broken.

For a more automated way of compiling from git, a script written by uNiversal is a good starting point. Source. I'll post my version if anyone needs it for AMD/ATI.

Re: RE: Integrated Video Game Emulators - romprod - 2013-02-25

Ignore