Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] HD-Trailers.net Video Plugin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] HD-Trailers.net Video Plugin (/showthread.php?tid=148400)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: [RELEASE] HD-Trailers.net Video Plugin - dd6905 - 2016-09-23

Hi.
I appreciate your plugin. I first tried to install the plugin and I thought I did it wrong. I played a little more with Kodi, and tried re-installing the HD-Trailers.net plugin, and now realize that it might be a feature that I am looking for.

I would like to randomly watch what the newest or most popular trailers, so I go into the directory and then I'm looking for a "Play form here" option (where it would just play all the movies in the list), but there isn't one. I have to individually go to the movie directpry to find the trailer video. I was thinking that I could do like the movie theaters where you go and they force a bunch of random trailers at you so I can see what else is playing or coming soon. Is there a way to get such a feature?

RE: [RELEASE] HD-Trailers.net Video Plugin - gate1975mlm - 2016-09-23

(2016-09-23, 04:47)dd6905 Wrote: Hi.
I appreciate your plugin. I first tried to install the plugin and I thought I did it wrong. I played a little more with Kodi, and tried re-installing the HD-Trailers.net plugin, and now realize that it might be a feature that I am looking for.

I would like to randomly watch what the newest or most popular trailers, so I go into the directory and then I'm looking for a "Play form here" option (where it would just play all the movies in the list), but there isn't one. I have to individually go to the movie directpry to find the trailer video. I was thinking that I could do like the movie theaters where you go and they force a bunch of random trailers at you so I can see what else is playing or coming soon. Is there a way to get such a feature?

+1

That would be great if you could automatically have trailers playback one after the other Smile

RE: [RELEASE] HD-Trailers.net Video Plugin - Fox - 2016-09-24

For the cinema feeling I think you should look at something like http://addons.kodi.tv/show/script.cinemavision/

I think the problem with a play all function is that there are so many different videos for every trailer, hard to pick out the best one.

RE: [RELEASE] HD-Trailers.net Video Plugin - dd6905 - 2016-09-25

I don't think it would be possible for a program to pick the best trailers. That would be too hard unless there was some sort of 1-5 star rating system and that information was utilized to determine best trailers. I was thinking more along the lines of each movie gets displayed once and a latest trailer for the movie is played. That is a traversal of each directory once and latest file in each directory. That would be a simple enough algorithm to implement. I'm sure a randomize function where it would play a random trailer in the directory, or if a loop is selected then first pass through the directories could play the latest, then 2nd pass through the directories would then play the 2nd newest. Lots of other algorithms such as a weighted random pick where the newest has a higher odd of being displayed than the older ones. I just haven't heard of a lot of these movies so a complete Random sequence of movies(directories) would be fine with me too. When I go to the theater is the first time I learn about the movie. I'm trying to recreate that experience through Kodi to find interesting movies without a lot of clicking or research.

I'm a newb to Kodi so adding addons that are not available through the default install (i'm using OSMC), I haven't been successful yet in getting working, but will put it on my top list.

RE: [RELEASE] HD-Trailers.net Video Plugin - pemartins - 2016-10-22

Congratulations for this addon, really helpful and for me it's a must have. I was looking for a movie trailers addon for Kodi and it seems weird but as far as I was able to find, this addon is one of a kind because I couldn't find another one.

But yet I think there is something very important missing, which is a search option. A search option would be very welcome for sure, so I leave my suggestion to add one.

Cheers

RE: [RELEASE] HD-Trailers.net Video Plugin - SpottedDog - 2016-10-31

Thanks for the great addon. For some reason I am not able to display thumbnails for movies in Kodi 17(beta 5). I have tried it on both Linux (Mint) and Win 7

RE: [RELEASE] HD-Trailers.net Video Plugin - Fox - 2016-10-31

(2016-10-31, 01:50)SpottedDog Wrote: Thanks for the great addon. For some reason I am not able to display thumbnails for movies in Kodi 17(beta 5). I have tried it on both Linux (Mint) and Win 7
Are you using it with the fix I suggested in post #93 or without?

RE: [RELEASE] HD-Trailers.net Video Plugin - SpottedDog - 2016-10-31

(2016-10-31, 10:13)Fox Wrote: Are you using it with the fix I suggested in post #93 or without?

Thanks that worked a treat

[RELEASE] HD-Trailers.net Video Plugin - jouster - 2016-11-07

Wanted to come and say I love this add on. Quite often find myself going through trailers for an hour here and there.

Whilst the fix to the thumbnails in main listing worked fine, the changes to the info section have made no difference at all and the posters will not show when you bring up the movie information

Is there something else that could need changing

Secondly, is there anyway to pull the movie synopsis in as well when going trough the trailers.

Obviously not every trailer is what you might like so the general description of the movie or at least type and similar would be a fantastic addition.

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work.

Sent from my iPhone

RE: [RELEASE] HD-Trailers.net Video Plugin - TRaSH - 2016-11-13

Wanted to watch a few trailers today,
But getting a error now:
Pasted a debug part when i start HD-Trailers.

http://pastebin.com/51sMugkh

Any know what it could be,
would be a shame when this add-on would stop working i use it allot to see what new movie is worth watching

RE: [RELEASE] HD-Trailers.net Video Plugin - Fox - 2016-11-18

(2016-11-07, 17:19)jouster Wrote: Whilst the fix to the thumbnails in main listing worked fine, the changes to the info section have made no difference at all and the posters will not show when you bring up the movie information

Did you do the second fix on row 90? #102

@TRaSH I'll look when I'm back from vacation, but seems bad Sad Is it all the time?

[RELEASE] HD-Trailers.net Video Plugin - jouster - 2016-11-18

Yes I changed both lines. Main thumbnails are perfect now but the info button brings up nothing

Sent from my iPhone

RE: [RELEASE] HD-Trailers.net Video Plugin - Fox - 2016-11-18

Ok, I'll have a look at that too then.

RE: [RELEASE] HD-Trailers.net Video Plugin - TRaSH - 2016-11-18

(2016-11-18, 14:42)Fox Wrote:
(2016-11-07, 17:19)jouster Wrote: Whilst the fix to the thumbnails in main listing worked fine, the changes to the info section have made no difference at all and the posters will not show when you bring up the movie information

Did you do the second fix on row 90? #102

@TRaSH I'll look when I'm back from vacation, but seems bad Sad Is it all the time?
I think it was a temp hiccup.
The next day it was working.
I'll keep a eye on it.

RE: [RELEASE] HD-Trailers.net Video Plugin - Fox - 2016-11-19

Ah ok good to hear TRaSH, hopefully it was just something temporary.

@jouster I played around a bit here with the "I" (info) and nothing happens for me, also the debug shows no error so I rather think it has no function.
Are you sure it had a function before?