Kodi Community Forum
Help! unwatchable blu ray mkv on Zbox AD12 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Help! unwatchable blu ray mkv on Zbox AD12 (/showthread.php?tid=148910)

Help! unwatchable blu ray mkv on Zbox AD12 - harvey21 - 2012-12-19

I just bought a ZBox AD12, 8 GB ram, installed Win7 home premium and XBMC. With blu-ray mkv rips, I'm getting 4 fps (unwatchable). CPU and memory utilization are very low (25% cpu), 1.5 G ram.
What am I missing?
Please help

RE: Help! unwatchable blu ray mkv on Zbox AD12 - bluray - 2012-12-19

What XBMC are you using? How do you connect your HTPC?

If you haven't done it, you might need to update the latest AMD driver from here- AMD Driver Autodetect and you need to enable DXVA2 and select Auto detect render method in XBMC.....

RE: Help! unwatchable blu ray mkv on Zbox AD12 - harvey21 - 2012-12-19

I've narrowed it down to bitstreaming audio....i think
As soon as I disabled the options for "TrueHD capable receiver" and "DTS-HD capable receiver" even though I have a receiver that can decode lossless audio, I got my 24 fps smooth playback
I guess the AE doesn't like my setup somehow

RE: Help! unwatchable blu ray mkv on Zbox AD12 - bluray - 2012-12-20

(2012-12-19, 22:53)harvey21 Wrote: I've narrowed it down to bitstreaming audio....i think
As soon as I disabled the options for "TrueHD capable receiver" and "DTS-HD capable receiver" even though I have a receiver that can decode lossless audio, I got my 24 fps smooth playback
I guess the AE doesn't like my setup somehow
If you want to bitstream TrueHD and DTS-HD, you can try the stable Eden from this thread- Windows How to Bitstreaming using XBMC.........

RE: Help! unwatchable blu ray mkv on Zbox AD12 - harvey21 - 2012-12-20

I've been away from XBMC for a while but i thought frodo was supposed to take care of bitsteaming audio

RE: Help! unwatchable blu ray mkv on Zbox AD12 - scrolling - 2012-12-20

(2012-12-20, 01:20)harvey21 Wrote: I've been away from XBMC for a while but i thought frodo was supposed to take care of bitsteaming audio

It does. But if you don't have a capable AV receiver to pass the audio through than you will experience the play back you're getting right now. So if you don't have your HTPC hooked up to a AV receiver than you"ll need to go into System> Audio Output and deselect all of the output to receiver.

RE: Help! unwatchable blu ray mkv on Zbox AD12 - bluray - 2012-12-20

(2012-12-20, 01:20)harvey21 Wrote: I've been away from XBMC for a while but i thought frodo was supposed to take care of bitsteaming audio
It does, but a lot of users encountered issues. The version I suggested above is the latest stable Eden.....

RE: Help! unwatchable blu ray mkv on Zbox AD12 - harvey21 - 2012-12-20

(2012-12-20, 02:18)scrolling Wrote:

It does. But if you don't have a capable AV receiver to pass the audio through than you will experience the play back you're getting right now. So if you don't have your HTPC hooked up to a AV receiver than you"ll need to go into System> Audio Output and deselect all of the output to receiver.

I have a capable receiver. At some point in time, a couple of years ago, I was playing lossless audio through MPC-HC and XBMC but it was a complicated setup and not that reliable. I was under the impression is going to be the simplified solution to bitstreaming.

RE: Help! unwatchable blu ray mkv on Zbox AD12 - harvey21 - 2013-01-01

I had direct show selected instead of WASAPI. everything seems ok now.