Kodi Community Forum
Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Android (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=164)
+---- Thread: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding (/showthread.php?tid=150342)

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - thebearnecessit - 2013-01-31

(2013-01-31, 04:59)rp1989 Wrote: Thanks for updating the post. I have followed the instructions but when i try to run the script from scriptmanager i get "unable to chmod /sys/class/video/axis: operation not permitted.. But when i check the properties of the script in my case i named it "fix.sh" all permissions are ticked. What could be the problem? Thanks

i don't think you are wanting to actually run the script using scriptmanager. you just want to find it and tell script manager that its a script and that you want it run on boot.

you do that by opening scriptmanager, finding your script file, clicking on the script file and making sure that "boot" is clicked to make it blue and that "is script" is the radio button that is activated, then just click on save, and that's it, just exit out of script manager.

i'm not super-techie,im just a semi-techie Big Grin, so maybe someone more qualified might be able to shed more light on your issue.

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - srle - 2013-01-31

(2013-01-30, 17:35)theINSKIP Wrote: Looks like there is a new build of the PIVOS XBMC:

http://www.pivosforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=2555

Anyone tried this on the ATV1200 yet ?

It works - and the upgrade is simple just install the new apk over the old Pivos build.

One issue that now bothers me dearly - and I feel it needs to be accented is the 23.9/24fps content - some of that content plays great, and on other I experience awful looking frame skips (not just on XBMC but on any Android video player I tried - build in Amlplayer, MX Video Player ...)
Android XBMC has only one way (as I understand from the info gathered) of overcoming this - a that is over/under-sampling video - but that option is currently no go on Android (at least I am hoping it will be implemented in the future, as the option to change the frame rate of the screen to match video will probably never work).

And again, I am not sure why some of the content marked as having such fps works great and some does not... 25/50fps content always looks good.

Anyone else (besides FattyMcDirty - http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=150342&pid=1310231#pid1310231) feeling the pain?

How can I tell which files are 23.9/24fps? and what does it mean?

I'd like to see if i'm getting and stuttering / frame drops on those files, becaus ei did see frame drops on a couple movies, but they weren't noticable on-screen, i just saw them by pressing "o" on my keyboard during playback.
Oh, by the way, I am running the new xbmc app from pivos released 29th Jan and it seems to be working perfectly.

local streaming, xbmchub apps, and bbc iplayer and youtube all tested so far.

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - samot13 - 2013-01-31

Hello,

with my ATV1200 I get no audio over HDMI with my Tv, but with my receiver.

Can it be that there is somthing wrong with the bitstreaming ?
It is posible to confic the audio streaming over HDMI?

FW 13012013
XBMC 0115

Thank you
samot13

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - bluepeter - 2013-01-31

It all depends on whether the chip supports those refresh rates....a few raw nerves are going to be touched on this old chestnut.

Google is your friend.... mountains of material have been written on the subject of 'telecine judder' 3:2/2:2 pulldown, TV's displaying 24fps etc etc.... it's been done to death Rolleyes

Regards
Peter

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - bubblefish - 2013-01-31

hello to everyone here in the forum
Today , i get my first android box atv1200 and i want to use it with xbmc and samba sharing from my local server.
Can i ask , which firmware and xbmc is working well ?
Is it possible to use the optical SPIF ?
Thanks a lot for answer , because i have read all posts but i am not sure if i can use the pivos xbmc app.

Thanks , and excuse my bad english
bubblefish / austria

when i plugged my box in it asked me if i wanted to upgrade (the android software aka firmware), this happened twice and i always click yes. so i am using the latest firmware and it is working very well.

for xbmc i installed the latest xbmc app released yesterday by a company called 'pivos'. xbmc is also working very well.

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - Antenne71 - 2013-01-31

Hi,
the latest PIVOS build does not correct the aspect ratio mismatch.
Does anyone have an opinion about the video quality? Neutral question!Angel

ok I have loads fo questions, please do reply even if its just to one of the questions, hopefully this can help other users too.

1) increase the amount of a movie that can be streamed in the background during playback - has anyone increased the size of the cache that xbmc uses so that hd content can be paused at the start to allow it to stream/load in the background? what size of cache did you set in the advancedsettings file?

2) moving stuff to the sdcard - i heard that moving stuff to the sdcard can improve the performance of this machine. anyone done this? what can i move? apps? xbmc thumbnails/cache? what else?

3) upgrading the sdcard - also is the sdcard removable? if so is it worth replacing with a faster one?

4) streaming HD1080 - i can stream a hd 1080p file using the youtube app, and in the xbmc youtube addon too, but cant stream a hd 1080 file that i recorded from bbc hd, that is saved on my lan. anyone know why this might be?

5) sound sync to the video - the sound is out of sync in all my videos, so i have it setup in the xbmc settings to have the sound ahead by 2.5 seconds for every video. is this the setting other people are using because i'm not sure if its bang on Big Grin

6) xbmc sometimes forgets that i changed skin - when i reboot and go back into xbmc it sometimes remembers that i changed skin to quartz and sometimes it forgets! anyone else had this?

7) skipping & winding through videos unreliable - clicking the right or left directional arrow during a video to skip 30 secs works on some movies but not others, and even when it does work it then puts the movie in slow mo Sad also rewind doesnt work but fastforward does. is this normal, do we just wait on xbmc for android to mature with new versions?

(2013-01-31, 18:05)Antenne71 Wrote: Hi,
the latest PIVOS build does not correct the aspect ratio mismatch.
Does anyone have an opinion about the video quality? Neutral question!Angel

dammit! i just realised you are right. I haven't tried double checking / re-doing the solutions that I posted above.

video quality seems great to me, streaming the jack reacher (HD) trailer through the youtube addon just now. brilliant. streamed 720 from my local media server too and it seemed flawless to my untrained eyes. just the aspect ratio problem that is the only main thing wrong now. so i'm going to try and fix it tomorrow.

I have the latest firmware from geniatech on my mygica atv1200. and i have the latest xbmc app from pivos (released on 29th jan). and the aspect ratio fix instructions posted a few post back on this thread (posted by me but pretty much cut n pasted from earlier in the thread) are successfully fixing the aspect ratio problem.

But after a reboot the problem is back (movies are stretched vertically so that circles look like ovals).

not sure why the script isnt working that is supposed to resolve the issue on every boot.

if i can't figure out or if no-one else can then i'll be going back to the 2nd most recent xbmc app from pivos.

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - ErTracina - 2013-01-31

Hi everyone, I've just received my atv1200, but after the last update (20130115)
seems that the cvbs output has been disabled, in the screen options menu I can see only YUV output.
Is cvbs working for you with the latest firmware??
Thanks

what is cvbs?

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - thebearnecessit - 2013-02-01

can anyone help?

I can fix aspect ratio problem in the latest xbmc app from pivos, but everytime i turn the machine off and on again the problem is back again.

I'm trying to use script manager to get it to execute a script on every boot, as outlined in the guide I posted in this thread. But script manager isn't running the script when android boots.

to see what was going on i went into script manager and ran the script manually from there. i am getting an error saying "unable to chmod /sys/class/video/axis: operation not permitted."

why is that operation not permitted, when i run that operation from ssh it is permitted and works fine.

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - ErTracina - 2013-02-01

(2013-01-31, 23:54)thebearnecessit Wrote: what is cvbs?

The composite output

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - thebearnecessit - 2013-02-01

with the new 29th jan pivos xbmc app i not only have the problem getting the aspect ratio fix to work autoomatically every time i turn the box on, but i have also experienced stuttering video.

I'm back on the 8th jan pivos xbmc app and its working perfectly.