Kodi Community Forum
Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Android (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=164)
+---- Thread: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding (/showthread.php?tid=150342)

Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - si777 - 2013-02-17

Thank you for replying and for the link, much appreciated

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - thebearnecessit - 2013-02-17

anybody looking for some info on how to get the android bottom bar removed when in xbmc on the ATV1200 -

you have to install the full functional demo version of "hide bottom bar"http://ppareit.github.com/HideBar/. (difference to full version: a little banner that pops up for a while every 10 mins or so)). before using the hidebar app you need to install the "superuser" app and the "busybox" app.

or another way is with this app called fullscreen https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...ullScreen. the disadvantage with fullscreen is that the bottom bar dissapears fine, but xbmc just kind of drops down in it's place s you get a blank space at the top of your screen.

two imperfect solutions for now until this gets fixed properly by xbmc.

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - davilla - 2013-02-18

setprop tv.hideStatusBar.enable true
setprop vplayer.hideStatusBar.enable true

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - thebearnecessit - 2013-02-18

Thanks Davilla. I don't know what that means though, can you clue me in?

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - marco_silva85 - 2013-02-18

Anyone got linux running on this box?
Would it work with Pivos linux image, since it's an AMLogic too (but M6/MX instead of the M1/M3 Pivos one), or with some modifications to that image?

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - -Riffer- - 2013-02-18

We (my wife and I ) are really impressed what all can be done with this tiny box:

Using the Box with external Keyboard and Mouse works really good. Its a really cheap one with an usb transponder.
For the right keyboard layout I use "External Keyboard Helper".

- XBMC latest APK from XIOS (runs on a good level at least for me - lacks ISO-Support, hope this will change?). As a tip: At the moment WonderShare is a handy workaround for playing DVD isos; did not try it on BD iso. Plays nearly perfect from NAS and local USB disc up to 1080p. Only when the bitrate is extreme high the sound over optical cable gets out of sync.
- Watchever (its a german On Demand Video Provider) works nearly perfect with a very small stuttering on 1080p but smooth enough on 720p. You will need Root Keeper OTA for this!
- Beyondpod Video RS-Feeds (for my Wife to have Videos from YOGAMOUR) play really good.
- Bubble UPnP works great!
- AirPin (Airplay 'server') works good
- SqueezePlayer works good as expected - wish it had an autostart mechanism.
- full!screen+ has a feature to react on specific apps to hide the bar. Sadly sometimes the box boots without showing the bar, that should be make configurable.

All in all the box is very flexible and can be used for much much more than XBMC.

My personal cons are:

- No powerup from remote (my keyboard has a sleep button, sometime the box comes back from sleep by bashing space but most often not)
- Crashes sometime on boot - after reboot works smooth
- Inconsistent hide of info bar

(2013-02-18, 02:27)thebearnecessit Wrote: Thanks Davilla. I don't know what that means though, can you clue me in?

Google lead me here:

http://androidforums.com/5257731-post5.html

Interesting for me too. Maybe I can make the task/info bar permanent by using this.

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - stardust - 2013-02-18

Several times after turn on the box the settings of XBMC are lost.
I tried XBMC Backup Add-On to save settings to local writeable folder. The backup was done without errors. But restore does not work - no errors, no settings restore.

Does anybody tried XBMC Backup Add On on this box? Or workaround from p.h.i from is the most suitable way to solve settings issue?

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - -Riffer- - 2013-02-18

(2013-02-18, 16:14)stardust Wrote: Does anybody tried XBMC Backup Add On on this box? Or workaround from p.h.i from is the most suitable way to solve settings issue?

I already used the backup addon between two versions of xbmc and it did not restore the settings. Only addons and other installed scripts are saved. After restoring I had to reconfigure the rest.

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - thebearnecessit - 2013-02-19

(2013-02-17, 15:43)p.h.i Wrote:
(2013-02-15, 17:08)p.h.i Wrote:
(2013-02-02, 03:19)shanghai_todd Wrote: Have had my unit for 3 days now and problem i have is XBMC settings and add-ons are lost when unit is powered off. Anyone else experience this problem or have an idea what's wrong?

I experience the same problem. Not every time the unit is powered off it looses the settings, but every now and then. A bit annoying Sad.

So I found out, that sometimes the "guisettings.xml" and the "profiles.xml" in "/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/" are empty.

Workaround: First check if the files are empty, if they are: replace them with a backup.

Maybe the script manager can do this automatic on every reboot, but I have no clue how to do that. Maybe someone can help me out here?

@edit:
ok, got it to work. Really quite simple. Created a script:

cp /<source-folder>/guisettings.xml /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/
cp /<source-folder>/profiles.xml /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/

Script Manager runs it after booting. Yeah I know. Pretty simple, but I am new to all this stuff Wink. Maybe it helps somebody Nod.

thanks for posting this, im sure it will help me because i get this problem a lot.

only thing is i haven't had the problem since you posted your fix so havent tried to fix yet Big Grin

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - akg4y - 2013-02-19

Do the logs show any sort of error writing to the settings files? Seems like maybe a permission issue, otherwise it would be odd that this is only occurring on this specific device rather than on all android XBMCs.

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - thebearnecessit - 2013-02-21

(2013-02-18, 02:25)davilla Wrote: setprop tv.hideStatusBar.enable true

Thanks davilla, I've added these lines go into /system/bin/set_display_mode.sh.

It went wrong for me though, somehow i ended up with an empty set_display_mode.sh file. and that meant my mouse pointer was acting crazy.

I'm downloading the firmware from geniatech to get the original set_display_mode.sh and put it back onto my box.

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - ninguemrj - 2013-02-21

Does anyone know where I can buy an ATV1600?

I just found the ATV1200 on sale...

where do you live?

ok I've got the android bar to display all the time, and then it hides automatically when xbmc is opened.

brief outline of how to do it in case anyone wants to know:

there are apps that do this but there are drawbacks in using them (for example the little pop up you get every few minutes advertising the app).

change the permissions on the /system/bin/set_display_mode.sh so that it can be edited (i used ssh to contact the box and used the chmod 777 /system/bin/set_display_mode instruction to change the permissions)

add these two lines to the file at the very bottom of the file and then save it:
setprop tv.hideStatusBar.enable true

reboot

NB. worth noting that my set_display_mode.sh file ended up empty somehow during this process and caused havoc with the display of my mouse pointer. i had to download the geniatech firmware and unzip the firmware zip file and find the set_display_mode.sh and copy it back to my box (also had to change the permissions on the system/bin folder to allow me to copy the file in).

davilla,

how can i get rid of the bar altogether, even outside of xbmc?

the solution you posted just seems to make it dissappear when xbmc starts.