Kodi Community Forum
Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Android (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=164)
+---- Thread: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding (/showthread.php?tid=150342)

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - dgcruzing - 2013-03-12

(2013-03-11, 06:07)themaskfly Wrote:
(2013-03-09, 18:24)davilla Wrote:
(2013-03-09, 12:51)themaskfly Wrote: hello everyone, the chinese edtion of atv1200 which is called as A6 has been released recently.

good news is the firmware of A6 has dts decode license (no shuttering, no noise)

but strange that i compared the firmware section of both rom, they r exactly the same. We can't get dts decoding support by replacing certain file Sad

where is this mythical firmware ?
http://up.stdvr.com/mygica/android/A6/

it's multiple languages but by default the GUI is in chinese

As a note if you decide to flash this, there is no "Back, Home, Resent apps" on the bottom bar which is painful as even with the remote that comes with it is not really doing this job right.. I find I use the mouse more then anything so having these at the bottom is handy..
Anyway, I got a feeling its only going to be an edit of a system file and we should be able to get them back working..

As I am using team EOS 4 on the TF101, with their nice way of having separate EOS ability to edit the size, position of these buttons in question..
Is is feasible for me to grab the EOS apk and move it into this Rom an see if it works?
I am also thinking that something like LMK might be able to work too, but would have to be worked via mouse inputs not touch..

I have tried this edit but it is not working for me..

Quote:/system/build.prop
the line
qemu.hw.mainkeys=0
you get the navigation bar (after reboot) and at the same time Android system recognizes this and adds the three dot menu icon whenever needed*!
Taken from this thread on XDA
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=33887767#post33887767

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - LRa - 2013-03-12

Two quick questions:
1. Can the atv1200 play 1080p flawlessly with its stock player?
2. Is it worth buying the atv1200 now knowing that xbmc will work on it in the near future, or wait for something sure?

Thanks

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - Leema - 2013-03-12

Yes and Yes

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - LRa - 2013-03-12

(2013-03-12, 12:42)Leema Wrote: Yes and Yes

Thanks.

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - movie_enjoyer - 2013-03-12

(2013-03-12, 12:42)Leema Wrote: Yes and Yes

But what are the current flaws to deal with?

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - rokotov - 2013-03-13

I've got my ATV1200 today. Happy with brief testing, all according to very helpful people from this thread. The only issue I have is FLASH. Catchup sites are not working properly. Some of them have screwed size (Australian ABC iView for example is somehow zoomed to the not-usable size). Some just do not play with various errors. I know that Android has issues with DRM and rights protection but the same shows work fine on my Asus tablet and Google Nexus. And there is no size issues on these devices either. I've tried to reinstall Flash but ATV1200 rejecting the app because of different app signature. Can anybody please help with making Flash usable on this device?

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - luuktech - 2013-03-13

(2013-03-13, 09:23)rokotov Wrote: I've got my ATV1200 today. Happy with brief testing, all according to very helpful people from this thread. The only issue I have is FLASH. Catchup sites are not working properly. Some of them have screwed size (Australian ABC iView for example is somehow zoomed to the not-usable size). Some just do not play with various errors. I know that Android has issues with DRM and rights protection but the same shows work fine on my Asus tablet and Google Nexus. And there is no size issues on these devices either. I've tried to reinstall Flash but ATV1200 rejecting the app because of different app signature. Can anybody please help with making Flash usable on this device?

What should help is to install the latest firmware on your ATV1200. Use a sdcard to put the firmware on, then install it and try Flash again. I hope this will solve the problem.

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - themaskfly - 2013-03-13

(2013-03-13, 11:55)Geniatech Wrote:
(2013-03-13, 09:23)rokotov Wrote: I've got my ATV1200 today. Happy with brief testing, all according to very helpful people from this thread. The only issue I have is FLASH. Catchup sites are not working properly. Some of them have screwed size (Australian ABC iView for example is somehow zoomed to the not-usable size). Some just do not play with various errors. I know that Android has issues with DRM and rights protection but the same shows work fine on my Asus tablet and Google Nexus. And there is no size issues on these devices either. I've tried to reinstall Flash but ATV1200 rejecting the app because of different app signature. Can anybody please help with making Flash usable on this device?

What should help is to install the latest firmware on your ATV1200. Use a sdcard to put the firmware on, then install it and try Flash again. I hope this will solve the problem.
Hello geniatech, will there any hope the issues of random color changes during playback of local 720p and 1080p contents and Ethernet connection loosing problem get fixed in the next new rom release?

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - theINSKIP - 2013-03-13

+1 for a new firmware !

[/quote]
Hello geniatech, will there any hope the issues of random color changes during playback of local 720p and 1080p contents and Ethernet connection loosing problem get fixed in the next new rom release?
[/quote]

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - mockingbirdblue - 2013-03-13

Geniatech - do you provide source for your device....we give everyone else a rough time about GPL - can't see why your side shouldn't comply and I see no XBMC members asking for this information but giving others a very hard time from the Chinese market. Do you provide a link to your GPL material and additions or are you following suit like all other companies as I have emailed countless times with no response? If it can be linked that would be great or PM'd . thanks - a thoughtfully happy customer.

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - rokotov - 2013-03-13

(2013-03-13, 11:55)Geniatech Wrote:

Hi Geniatech
Thank you for the response but the first thing I did was to upgrade the firmware. It was done over the internet and prompted by the device itself. Its very easy to reproduce the issue just go to the ABC Iview. The only thing worth mentioning is that I am on 1080p res. I changed it during initial setup.

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - who cares - 2013-03-14

(2013-03-13, 13:58)theINSKIP Wrote: +1 for a new firmware !
[/quote]
[/quote]

Here is the latest XBMC for Geniatech boxes, perhaps you can try it to see the problems are still there or not. https://www.dropbox.com/s/ojmb76oaqr24wrb/xbmcapp-armeabi-v7a-debug-20130223.apk

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - theINSKIP - 2013-03-14

I think the ethernet drop outs are ATV1200 firmware based, not xbmc firmware based ?

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - luuktech - 2013-03-14

(2013-03-14, 08:30)who cares Wrote:
(2013-03-13, 13:58)theINSKIP Wrote: +1 for a new firmware !
[/quote]

Here is the latest XBMC for Geniatech boxes, perhaps you can try it to see the problems are still there or not. https://www.dropbox.com/s/ojmb76oaqr24wrb/xbmcapp-armeabi-v7a-debug-20130223.apk
[/quote]

I checked your file and didn't experience any problems concerning color changes. About the problems getting fixed in the next release I cannot be certain about this, because i have no further info for that.

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - theINSKIP - 2013-03-14

Just seen this from another site:

http://www.futeko.com/forum/index.php?mode=thread&id=6429

Looks like there is a new firmware incoming for the ATV1200