Kodi Community Forum
Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Android (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=164)
+---- Thread: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding (/showthread.php?tid=150342)

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - coley65 - 2013-08-15

all good here except I want to turn off auto updates how?

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - fabianosan - 2013-08-16

Can anyone tell me if the Geniatech ATV1200 Android recognizes external hard drive with 4TB NTFS (external power supply)?

It has USB 3.0 support?

Could run XBMC with a smooth HD 4TB connected in USB?

Thank you.

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - gboijhpok - 2013-08-16

(2013-08-15, 23:38)coley65 Wrote: all good here except I want to turn off auto updates how?

--Diable auto update option in Upgrade app, then, restart the device, it will not update automatically next time.

(2013-08-15, 18:29)Bergl Wrote: Hi,

the box has downloaded the new firmware and wants reboot in update/recovery-mode, but it boots in normal android-mode (no fw-change) and begins to say again "new firmware, downloading... reboot..." and so on.
I try unsuccessful start manually the recovery-mode by pressing+hold the reset-button during power_on --> blackscreen, box freez. In normal Android works all fine.

I think, the recovery/update-system or bootloader is broken. Is there any chance, to fix this?

regards
Bergi
Perhaps you can try to update your box as this solution, there is a read me file inside the folder.other solution for getting recovery back-20130805firmare

If the box can not update automatically(as current firmware is not the one which Geniatech release, it will not update), you can find the SPI and firmware file on http://www.geniatech.com/news/dual-core-box-20130805-firmware-release.asp ,then, update by manual, if no files found in Upgrade app->local update, just need to press menu button on remote control or F1 button on keyborad for 8 times continued, it will research all files.

(2013-08-14, 17:14)no8080 Wrote: Just finished the update and it has bricked my box. It stops at installing app 9/13, angry birds. Rebooting it causes it to start the app install again and still gets stuck.

Any one else got this?

Neil

It seams that the data partition did not been mounted properly on your box, you can try to press esc button on remote control to exit app installation, click setting and select factory reset, it should be ok.

(2013-08-14, 19:44)shivup Wrote: Same here.. Installation went fine.. It has Metro Launcher.. It looks cool.. Mine ATV1200 came with fly remote

http://i00.i.aliimg.com/wsphoto/v1/673900382_2/T2-Air-Fly-Mouse-2-4G-3D-Motion-Stick-Remote-PC-Mouse-for-TV-Box-TV.jpg

is there anyway to turn off and on device with power key on this remote.. ?
and one more think.. does anyone know if I can use this "menu" key next to "back" button on remote with "contextmenu" on xbmc.. I tried remaping keys under userdata/keymap/keyboard.xml but no help.. its not working..
I also have MELE F10 remote.. I am more concern about "contextmenu" key to work on xbmc with my both remote.. does any1 have any idea how to do itHuh

Thanks

---You can press power button on box for 3 seconds to turn off the box, when the box is off, no power supply for remote control, so, it can not turn on the box, have to press button on box.

If you want to remap the keys on remote control, maybe you can use rootexplorer to modify /system/usr/keylayout/Generic.kl

(2013-08-14, 15:06)@Row Wrote: An update is pushed out today. Changelog includes apparently fixing the ethernet bug amongst other things. Haven't been able to check the update for myself as I have to reconnect the box back to a HDMI source. (Unfortunately each update wipes the box and resorts to YUV but the TV where I use the box is only CVBS).

Change the output mode to 480i or 576i, then, go to setting->display->display mode, you will find CVBS option in CVBS/YUV menu, selecy CVBS and you will get CVBS output/

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - fabianosan - 2013-08-16

ATV 1200 recognize 4TB NFTS external HD? (External Power suply)?
ATV 1200 have option with XBMCbuntu?
ATV 1200 have UBS 3.0?

Basically I need a mini PC (linux or android) thank supports 4TB HD from USB to play my movie collection and run XBMC, most of videos are in 720p resolution with audio DTS 5.1

Can anyone answer my question?

Thanks in advanced.

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - cascade - 2013-08-16

Hi folks,

I am new to this community and have a small question right away:

I got my MyGica ATV1200 yesterday and installed the OTA update as it popped up, so I did not do much testing prior to the update.
I am using the XMBC version that came with the OTA update and SD-Videos/MP3 shared via SMB (GBit ethernet goes straight to the box, although the box itself only has 100Mbit).

Now the problem: I am experiencing little lags/stucks while watching Videos (like 0.3s video freezes, audio keeps running) and while listening to MP3 music the sound keeps stucking for like 0.3s every 10s... This is pretty annoying.
I am afraid hardware decoding is not working or something else might be misconfigured because both cores are running at 50-70% when watching SD Video.

Are there any newby-right-away tips?
Is there any build of XBMC that just "works" on that box that I should give a try?
Should I switch to DLNA instead of SMB?
Should I switch to NFS?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - Bergl - 2013-08-16

(2013-08-16, 03:16)gboijhpok Wrote: [...]
(2013-08-15, 18:29)Bergl Wrote: Hi,

the box has downloaded the new firmware and wants reboot in update/recovery-mode, but it boots in normal android-mode (no fw-change) and begins to say again "new firmware, downloading... reboot..." and so on.
I try unsuccessful start manually the recovery-mode by pressing+hold the reset-button during power_on --> blackscreen, box freez. In normal Android works all fine.

I think, the recovery/update-system or bootloader is broken. Is there any chance, to fix this?

regards
Bergi
Perhaps you can try to update your box as this solution, there is a read me file inside the folder.other solution for getting recovery back-20130805firmare

If the box can not update automatically(as current firmware is not the one which Geniatech release, it will not update), you can find the SPI and firmware file on http://www.geniatech.com/news/dual-core-box-20130805-firmware-release.asp ,then, update by manual, if no files found in Upgrade app->local update, just need to press menu button on remote control or F1 button on keyborad for 8 times continued, it will research all files.

Thank you for help so quickly; it works like a charm. Smile

Lovely regards from Germany

Bergi

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - fschnack - 2013-08-16

I am trying to use it in a 4:3 monitor. Does anyone know how to fix thr aspect ratio?

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - coley65 - 2013-08-16

Any news on the linux project for the atv1200

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - Barcaeagle - 2013-08-16

(2013-08-15, 11:00)Barcaeagle Wrote:
(2013-08-14, 17:14)no8080 Wrote: Just finished the update and it has bricked my box. It stops at installing app 9/13, angry birds. Rebooting it causes it to start the app install again and still gets stuck.

Any one else got this?

Neil

Newbie here .... Was running Pivos latest build with adds ons like a dream.Then certain add-ons would not resolve at all.

So checked for update or upgrade ... found the latest automatically .... updated and of course .... lost everything.

Fired up the box .... tried to reload adds ons via zip.

Dependencies not met ..... HELP Please

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - Xardos - 2013-08-16

Last version brings audiodrops at mp3 or audio-addons play...Sad Sound from Movies works fine without dropouts.

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - @Row - 2013-08-16

(2013-08-16, 04:04)gboijhpok Wrote:
(2013-08-14, 15:06)@Row Wrote: An update is pushed out today. Changelog includes apparently fixing the ethernet bug amongst other things. Haven't been able to check the update for myself as I have to reconnect the box back to a HDMI source. (Unfortunately each update wipes the box and resorts to YUV but the TV where I use the box is only CVBS).

Change the output mode to 480i or 576i, then, go to setting->display->display mode, you will find CVBS option in CVBS/YUV menu, selecy CVBS and you will get CVBS output/

Yeah that's what I usually do. The issue is that whenever you update it switches back to HDMI / YUV in the middle of the update so I'm forced to temporarily move it to a HDTV just so I can complete the update and move back to CVBS. Otherwise I get no picture on the CRT. I couldn't boot into recovery mode either when you're in the state where it's gone into standby just after accepting yes to update.

Today the Wifi signal on the box keeps dropping out. Hope it isn't a result of the update.

Re: RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - dgcruzing - 2013-08-17

(2013-08-16, 19:39)Xardos Wrote: Last version brings audiodrops at mp3 or audio-addons play...Sad Sound from Movies works fine without dropouts.

That seems to be the problem on this build and goes back to the git it was pulled from..plenty on in Google about it.

I have loaded this version up and used the hubwizard to set it up..mine is running off a Synology NAS shared DB so I have a few other things to contend with.

Positives:
1. Firmware seems stable - I haven't had the partitions problems as the beta version
2. Network auto configures..seems to pick it up fine.. I can use all of the Synology apps to access my media files and play without problems.
3. XBMC seems to be working OK on certain options
3. Media Center and Easy link options available - mind you I don't know how to use it.
4. MyGica has a DLNA setup going link for download and files..looks promising..
http://up.stdvr.com/mygica/android/
5. Openvpn working out of the box..good news for those of use behind firewalls..also BBC iPlayer working well if you VPN the IP to the UK.
Which is good news for me and XBMC streams through the GCFW..;-)

Negatives

1. XBMC is having problems with my share TV shows..dam it that it will play movies no drama and loads thumbs off the network DB.
I can compare it to the synology app..which picks up the shows no drama. It means I have some screwy IP thing going on within XBMC.
This box is on its own subset IP..ie..192.168.2.100 as it passes through a 2nd WiFi router on my network. So its a set IP.
(Verses being on the main subset of say 192.168.1.***)

So for some reason it just won't start to play the tvshow. It shows it is there and I can actually get it started using the files option.
But to use say ..latest added..it shows the show, I click then it says..this file is no longer there..
Anyway..will play around with it as been mucking around with the sources.XML file to see if I can get it to work.

2. Entropy - some believe in it and some dont..but stock is low..use the check rand entropy apk from market to see how yours is..
I use seeder.apk to up mine to 4096.. Seems to make android perform just that little bit better..

3. Sound/lag issues within XBMC..this is well documented with this version and many have tried to find the root cause.
I may still go back to the pivos nightly build as it was the most stable for me and is a little more down the track on the git pulls.

4. Cache -- something for me to look at..not sure on what is going on. But it seemed to get full fast. I only did a little streaming and got the cache full message so in will wipe it and play around with some more.

Question...where is xbmc cache stored?... I know I can use the maintenance wizard to clear it..but I want to be able keep an eye on it myself.