Kodi Community Forum
Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Android (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=164)
+---- Thread: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding (/showthread.php?tid=150342)

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - MusicMan62 - 2013-09-07

(2013-09-07, 01:08)MusicMan62 Wrote: Anyone experiencing wakeup problems with the ATV1200 and 20130805 Firmware?

Aha!!... I solved my own problem. I had to turn the "Easylink" option OFF in the system settings.

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - no8080 - 2013-09-09

Just a follow up with my testing, I still have video skips when watching any file with either DD/DTS, if change the XBMC settings to 2.0 channels the video plays great. 5.1, 7.0 or 7.1 all cause issues.

So we have a bug, the question is, is it an XBMC bug or the box itself? I guess the best way to test this is to use another video player on the box playing a DD/DTS file and see if there is any skips, is there another media player I can install that will pass through the DD/DTS audio?

Thanks

Neil

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - mrwilson251 - 2013-09-09

im trying to copy a file from usb to system via es explorer and i'm getting permission denied
i've installed super su and granted es access
what have i missed?

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - Basinus - 2013-09-09

Quote:... is there another media player I can install that will pass through the DD/DTS audio?
no, thats a pity with the android market. I'm also on the search - nothing found (MX, Dice, Archos, BS, .....).

By the way, don't have the problem with movie stuttering during pass through of DTS/DD content. All things are working fine (Files HD/SD via NAS, SMB protocol, central XBMC - SQL-database on NAS).

@ no8080 please try to play movie files via USB / SD-Card, still on same problems ?

Geniatech ATV1200(Build 20130627 interims version, XBMC Pivos nightly 061913)

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - coley65 - 2013-09-11

With the latest firmware for the atv1200 from geniatech when I unistall a default app that came with the firmware on next boot it reinstalls its self how do I stop this

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - L4SSY - 2013-09-12

Hi guys, greatings from germany.

I just registered because I have the same problems. I have color problems and freezes using 720 and 1080p mkv. Still using the 12.2 frodo version. Is there someone using a different version without these issues? By the way my box is the atv520! My movies are on an 3TB harddrive connected via usb. Thanx for your help.

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - Xardos - 2013-09-12

(2013-09-06, 19:08)border304 Wrote:
(2013-09-06, 13:50)no8080 Wrote:
(2013-09-06, 13:28)sakis Wrote: I wonder if any another user had similar issue.
If it's the optical or coaxial that causes the problem, it is bad...
Please check on it and keep us informed because I'm about to purchase this device for its audio outputs.

I also bought this box solely on it's audio outputs, to pass the audio to my audio decoder.

I have put the latest firmware back on, the supplied XBMC with the firmware runs much faster, so I definately would not recommend running the pivios nightly builds at all. The menus are quicker and respond better to the remote control inputs.

I will have to be forced to watch yet another movie today to test the video output, it's a hard life, I will post later with the results of watching a movie. My test settings for today are, Android OS settings set to Coax Passthrough, XBMC audio settings set to 5.1, DD, DTS, LPCM, AAC passthrough. Files will be streamed via LAN cable from SMB share.

I am not sure it is a hardware coax issue as such, as passing 2.0 channel audio through the Coax works fine, I have to use the Coax as my TV has no sound system in it, I am guessing the issue is down to the fact the DTS or DD audio is being passed through, the issue was far worse on the Pivios nightly, barely an issue on the supplied XBMC with the latest firmware. About 1 or 2 video skips per hour, the skip lasts for 3-4 seconds and then the video catches up. Only the Pivios nightly caused the green screen issues, since running the updated firmware I only get video skips now.

Neil

With the newest firmware and the build's inherited XBMC (12.2), outputting 5.1 via coax/optical, I don't get the colour issue at all. I still get the picture stop/audio continues thing. In fact I also get black screen cuts outs also now. But picture is always fine after. A bigger issue perhaps is the audio sometimes goes slightly out of sync. As I watch so much media, it is fine as a backup or spare room device but I've not looked back since upgrading to a mini PC. Obviously a big price differential tho.

Same problem here, video is sometimes freezing for 4-8 seconds or i see only artefacts, but audio keeps playing... (1080p mkv-movies). In 720p movies i get these video freezes only for a short moment (1sec). Audio is perfect synched all the movie.
(FW 20130805 and tested this on Geniatech-xbmc an pivos-xbmc 12.2) Since fw 20130805 no longer colour issues.

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - L4SSY - 2013-09-13

(2013-09-09, 15:46)Basinus Wrote:
Quote:... is there another media player I can install that will pass through the DD/DTS audio?
no, thats a pity with the android market. I'm also on the search - nothing found (MX, Dice, Archos, BS, .....).

By the way, don't have the problem with movie stuttering during pass through of DTS/DD content. All things are working fine (Files HD/SD via NAS, SMB protocol, central XBMC - SQL-database on NAS).

@ no8080 please try to play movie files via USB / SD-Card, still on same problems ?

Geniatech ATV1200(Build 20130627 interims version, XBMC Pivos nightly 061913)

Is it still working without problems? If so,I would like to know :-) Would try the nightly, too then.

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - MusicMan62 - 2013-09-14

Has anyone tried a 64GB SD card (SDXC) with this box? Does it work?

Also is it possible to get an MCE remote (RC6) to work with it?

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - border304 - 2013-09-15

(2013-09-12, 13:57)Xardos Wrote:
(2013-09-06, 19:08)border304 Wrote:
(2013-09-06, 13:50)no8080 Wrote: I also bought this box solely on it's audio outputs, to pass the audio to my audio decoder.

I have put the latest firmware back on, the supplied XBMC with the firmware runs much faster, so I definately would not recommend running the pivios nightly builds at all. The menus are quicker and respond better to the remote control inputs.

I will have to be forced to watch yet another movie today to test the video output, it's a hard life, I will post later with the results of watching a movie. My test settings for today are, Android OS settings set to Coax Passthrough, XBMC audio settings set to 5.1, DD, DTS, LPCM, AAC passthrough. Files will be streamed via LAN cable from SMB share.

I am not sure it is a hardware coax issue as such, as passing 2.0 channel audio through the Coax works fine, I have to use the Coax as my TV has no sound system in it, I am guessing the issue is down to the fact the DTS or DD audio is being passed through, the issue was far worse on the Pivios nightly, barely an issue on the supplied XBMC with the latest firmware. About 1 or 2 video skips per hour, the skip lasts for 3-4 seconds and then the video catches up. Only the Pivios nightly caused the green screen issues, since running the updated firmware I only get video skips now.

Neil

With the newest firmware and the build's inherited XBMC (12.2), outputting 5.1 via coax/optical, I don't get the colour issue at all. I still get the picture stop/audio continues thing. In fact I also get black screen cuts outs also now. But picture is always fine after. A bigger issue perhaps is the audio sometimes goes slightly out of sync. As I watch so much media, it is fine as a backup or spare room device but I've not looked back since upgrading to a mini PC. Obviously a big price differential tho.

Same problem here, video is sometimes freezing for 4-8 seconds or i see only artefacts, but audio keeps playing... (1080p mkv-movies). In 720p movies i get these video freezes only for a short moment (1sec). Audio is perfect synched all the movie.
(FW 20130805 and tested this on Geniatech-xbmc an pivos-xbmc 12.2) Since fw 20130805 no longer colour issues.

Also getting issues with usb wireless keyboards/air mouse. Device keeps dropping off. Which is a pain as you cannot navigate the Show Box app with native remote.

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - L4SSY - 2013-09-16

Solution for SD Movies with framedrops.

I installed mx player and the codecs from playstore. Then in mx player I turned hw acceleration off and now standard def plays fine in mx. But not in XBMC using buid in player. Hope that helps.

YUV and CVBS simultaneously? - Marsbar - 2013-09-18

Hi

I would like to have component output to my projector because it has no HDMI and the quality will be better than composite; however in order to transmit to the TV in the kitchen I need the composite to drive the RF modulator on my TiVo; I already do this with my DVD player, Sky and Topfield boxes and had bought the Cyclone x2 (rebadged ATV1200) assuming that both of them would be enable-able.

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a way to enable both outputs from the front-end - it's either YUV or CVBS.

Is there a way to do this in the backend? I've 18 years linux experience so happy to hack around.

I have the Sumvision Cyclone X2, if that makes any difference; I believe it's basically the same box though?

(Before anyone comments, I'm aware that all my equipment is ageing but I bought it when we had more cash, and until I can afford to upgrade everything to HD I'm muddling through Smile )

Thanks!

Halting videos with latest fw - robvh - 2013-09-18

I have the real Geniatech box with 20130805 fw and built-in XBMC.
Connected to a TVHEADEND server via ethernet.
When I play SD content, the transmission is fine, but after 1:50 hours a movie will freeze.
When I play 1080i content (BBC HD), content freezes after 40-45 minutes.
Freeze means:
- the image stop, the sound continues for a few seconds
- you can use the OK button to call up the OSD, go to the black square and stop the video.
- you can use the back button until you can Exit XBMC, that works and you get to the desktop.
- now start XBMC and select any video. It starts, but you never get to see an image. The image pane just stays gray (with the list of files superimposed). You press OK and you see the OSD (on a gray background).
Power off, then.
Power on, I have my database on a mysql server, so it remembers where I was, I ask it to restart at the point where we were left.
Now, after some minutes, that is, at 50 -52 minutes into the original video: stop.

Of course, on an Atom with Linux, XBMC doesn't even blink at these HD videos.

Because the video buffer remains inaccessible, even when you Exit and start XBMC, I suspect that an Android component is to blame.
Because the halt also occurs when you skip through the program, I would think it has to do with network buffer(s) or number of ethernet packets transmitted....

This is what ffmpeg makes of the file:

Input #0, mpegts, from 'BBC2 HD-Horizon_ Fracking - The New....2013-06-21.00-20.ts':
Duration: 01:15:29.41, start: 40283.101067, bitrate: 7433 kb/s
Program 1
Stream #0:0[0x157c]: Video: h264 (High) ([27][0][0][0] / 0x001B), yuv420p, 1920x1080 [SAR 1:1 DAR 16:9], 25 fps, 25 tbr, 90k tbn, 50 tbc
Stream #0:1[0x157e](nar): Audio: mp2 ([4][0][0][0] / 0x0004), 48000 Hz, stereo, s16p, 256 kb/s
Stream #0:2[0x1580](eng): Subtitle: dvb_subtitle ([6][0][0][0] / 0x0006)
Stream #0:3[0x157d](eng): Audio: ac3 ([129][0][0][0] / 0x0081), 48000 Hz, stereo, fltp, 192 kb/s
No Program
Stream #0:4[0x157f]: Audio: aac_latm, 0 channels, fltp

I use the mp2 audio stream.

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - dual_HD - 2013-09-19

can you list up what is you TVheadend configuration?

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - robvh - 2013-09-19

Tvheadend runs on Linux (on an over-powered server) and uses 3 DigitalDevices DuoFlex S2 cards. I save the recordings as stream files (no conversion to MKV). The recordings mentioned are FTA.
I export the files with Samba via wired ethernet.
As stated previously, the same recordings play perfectly on Atom-ION HTPCs with Linux and XBMC 12.2.
Also, the first half hour of these HD recordings all play fine on the ATV1200, it is 40-45 minutes down into the recording that the ATV hangs and the Atom-ION machines continue to play.
The same applies to the 2:30 movie in SD I was watching, that hung after 1:50 (or there abouts).