Kodi Community Forum
Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Android (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=164)
+---- Thread: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding (/showthread.php?tid=150342)

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - sakis - 2014-03-13

(2014-03-13, 12:13)asik1 Wrote: So is my device faulty?
It is clocked at 1.2 just so you don't have any stability or overheating issues.
And it's the least you should care about an android tv box.

Now to my issue.
I am using atv1200 for 4 months and the last couple of weeks a strange mute problem appeared.
At random times system audio is being lost (although it appears as 100%) and I have to reboot the device.
Did this occur to anyone else?

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - helkish - 2014-03-13

(2014-03-13, 12:13)asik1 Wrote: Hi, I recently got the Geniatech ATV1220 . It suppose to have 1.5Ghz CPU, but never did I saw it goes beyond 1.2.
I use this handy OSD app to monitor whats going on when running XBMC and play videos.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ds.cpuoverlay

So is my device faulty?

No, your device is not faulty, I think that's the default. I think its to prevent over heating.

I've never tried to run at 1.5 GHz but if you would like to and don't mind the risk of frying your ATV1200:

echo 1512000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq
echo performance > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor

Then break out the bacon and eggs

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - davilla - 2014-03-13

hdmi will go nuts at 1.5 GHz Smile

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - dgcruzing - 2014-03-24

I see there is new firmware for the ATV582, which is looking like a 4.4 alpha firmware.
Wonder if we will get a bite at it soon too, Or are they too scared of bricked devices.. lol.

http://www.geniatech.com/down-eng/

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - xz316 - 2014-03-24

Hi all,

Can anyone help please, i have a cyclone x2 and is trying to put the Linux XBMC img.

1st: Is this possible, if so which files do i need & how...

2nd: I can boot into recovery by holding the small button in on the back for 10 sec but it doesn't see any files on the sdcard or usb stick (both formatted to FAT32) when i go to flash an img.

I flashed a new firmware along time ago when the box came out, i did it then but now... nothing.

Thanks in-advance to anyone who replies.

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - helkish - 2014-03-24

(2014-03-24, 16:49)xz316 Wrote: Hi all,

Can anyone help please, i have a cyclone x2 and is trying to put the Linux XBMC img.

1st: Is this possible, if so which files do i need & how...

2nd: I can boot into recovery by holding the small button in on the back for 10 sec but it doesn't see any files on the sdcard or usb stick (both formatted to FAT32) when i go to flash an img.

I flashed a new firmware along time ago when the box came out, i did it then but now... nothing.

Thanks in-advance to anyone who replies.

From a quick search it looks like you can install Genaitech ATV520/1200 dual core box firmware:

http://www.geniatech.com/news/dual-core-box-20130805-firmware-release.asp

If you don't see any files when you get to the part where you select the file, press the menu button 8 times. I know it sounds weird but it works (see the ATV520 thread).
I'm not sure which remote came with your box but with mine it was the one with 3 horizontal bars.

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - xz316 - 2014-03-24

Thanks helkish i'll give it a try is that link for the Linux xbmc only. My remote also has the three bars as the menu button, i've never heard off pressing it 8 times though...

Cheers again, will post back the results.

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - dual_HD - 2014-04-02

(2014-03-24, 21:49)xz316 Wrote: Thanks helkish i'll give it a try is that link for the Linux xbmc only. My remote also has the three bars as the menu button, i've never heard off pressing it 8 times though...

Cheers again, will post back the results.

XZ316, any news update?

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - kippy - 2014-04-04

Hi everyone,

I've got a Sumvision Cyclone X2 which I've flashed with the Geniatech 2013-08-05 OS. The problem is that I'm using it with a UK PAL TV via the composite connection (yellow phono plug for video, red and white for audio), no HDMI.

Files with 23.976fps content work fine, but anything at 25fps loses sync between audio and video right from the start (I'm mostly using x264 codec in mp4 container).

I've tried different XBMC builds (Pivos 2014-01-13, generic Gotham beta 3 and 2014-03-31 nightly) and the problem is consistent. I've tried tweaking the sync settings in XBMC as described on the wiki page, but it doesn't seem to make any difference.

Previously I used a Raspberry Pi with RaspBMC via composite, and all the content worked fine with no need to change anything.

Does anyone else use composite output and can confirm what I'm seeing? Is it likely to be an Android issue? I'm hesitant to try the Linux build as I read one posting that said composite output didn't currently work at all with Linux.

I assume that the majority of people are using HDMI, and there are no problems with 25fps content that way?

Many thanks for any help anyone can give!

Kippy

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - helkish - 2014-04-04

(2014-04-04, 11:20)kippy Wrote: Hi everyone,

I've got a Sumvision Cyclone X2 which I've flashed with the Geniatech 2013-08-05 OS. The problem is that I'm using it with a UK PAL TV via the composite connection (yellow phono plug for video, red and white for audio), no HDMI.

Files with 23.976fps content work fine, but anything at 25fps loses sync between audio and video right from the start (I'm mostly using x264 codec in mp4 container).

I've tried different XBMC builds (Pivos 2014-01-13, generic Gotham beta 3 and 2014-03-31 nightly) and the problem is consistent. I've tried tweaking the sync settings in XBMC as described on the wiki page, but it doesn't seem to make any difference.

Previously I used a Raspberry Pi with RaspBMC via composite, and all the content worked fine with no need to change anything.

Does anyone else use composite output and can confirm what I'm seeing? Is it likely to be an Android issue? I'm hesitant to try the Linux build as I read one posting that said composite output didn't currently work at all with Linux.

I assume that the majority of people are using HDMI, and there are no problems with 25fps content that way?

Many thanks for any help anyone can give!

Kippy

I had some a/v sync problems. I resolved this by enabling "Sync Playback to display" under Settings > Video > Playback. Leave the A/V sync method on Video Clock.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Set...s#Playback

I also created a advancedsettings.xml with the following:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
   <video>
     <!-- fps detection for video playback,
               0 = trust codec fps,
               1 = recalculate from video timestamps with uniform spacing,
               2 = recalculate from video timestamps always
     -->
     <fpsdetect>2</fpsdetect>
   </video>
</advancedsettings>

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - kippy - 2014-04-04

Thanks for the suggestions helkish!

A bit more experimentation gave a solution: I enabled both "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" and "Sync playback to display " (which I had tried before), but changed A/V sync Method to "Video Clock(Drop/Dupe Audio)" rather than "Video Clock(resample audio)".

25fps files now play back in sync Smile

The idea of dropping audio sounded rather bad so I hadn't tried it before.

That's saved me having to go shopping for an HD-capable TV!

Kippy

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - helkish - 2014-04-04

The "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" does not work on Android. Android has control over the refresh and it can only be changed from 50 Hz (PAL) to 60 Hz (NTSC).

p.s. a new TV isn't going to hurt any one...go for it lol

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - Swindiff - 2014-04-09

I have been using a sumvision cyclone x2 (ATV1200 clone), which has been fantastic for XBMC. I have installed Gotham and have noticed that navigating XBMC is not quite as fluid and smooth as it was with Frodo. Is there now a recommended upgrade to this box. Faster processor, quad core maybe ?

Whats the ATV1800 like ?

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - dual_HD - 2014-04-10

(2014-04-09, 11:59)Swindiff Wrote: I have been using a sumvision cyclone x2 (ATV1200 clone), which has been fantastic for XBMC. I have installed Gotham and have noticed that navigating XBMC is not quite as fluid and smooth as it was with Frodo. Is there now a recommended upgrade to this box. Faster processor, quad core maybe ?

Whats the ATV1800 like ?
Did you test this version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/52qmncomu5qy9et/4.2_xbmcapp-armeabi-v7a-debug-13.0-20140407.apk ?

Please don't ask me where I got this.

RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - Swindiff - 2014-04-10

I'll give it a try, cheers