Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 4.0 (FRODO) only - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 4.0 (FRODO) only (/showthread.php?tid=150880)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 4.0 - thesuffering - 2013-01-07

(2013-01-07, 23:17)phil65 Wrote:
(2013-01-07, 23:16)thesuffering Wrote: Aeon nox 4.0 on frodo rc2 downloaded from the repo crashes xbmc every time I try to enable it. I thought this was fixed?

it is fixed. i installed the repo version on 6 different pcs. no problems at all.

Well heck, wonder why mine is crashing, will a debug log show anything?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 4.0 - Martijn - 2013-01-07

Don't use RC2, use rc3

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 4.0 - thesuffering - 2013-01-07

(2013-01-07, 23:32)Martijn Wrote: Don't use RC2, use rc3

This fixed it

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 4.0 - phil65 - 2013-01-07

(2013-01-07, 23:30)bigdave50uk Wrote:
(2013-01-07, 21:25)bigdave50uk Wrote: Phil, is it possible to have the widget only scroll through in progress movies? So if you only have two movies then it will just scroll between the two, as I guess many people wont have too many in progress movies. I really like this widget and I think it would be even better if it didnt have the TV icon popping up. Just a suggestion

I've also noticed that the album cover for the music now playing widget has rounded edges, when the Square theme is applied. Is it possible to change this?

frodo19 and bignoid manage that theme. perhaps they'll assist with that.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 4.0 - mikebzh44 - 2013-01-07

(2013-01-07, 22:42)phil65 Wrote:
(2013-01-07, 22:30)crimsonfury Wrote:
(2013-01-07, 22:20)phil65 Wrote: you can't.

No addon's like the Artwork Organizer that does this? So essentially I will ultimately fill my SSD?

you can of course map your database folder somewhere else. that's not really xbmc-specific anymore though.
Install XBMC on another drive (with more space) and run it with -p option :

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBMC_for_Windows_specific_FAQ#Portable_mode

So XBMC folder will be created as a sub folder (protable_data) and not in C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 4.0 - dpar - 2013-01-08

(2013-01-07, 22:30)crimsonfury Wrote:
(2013-01-07, 22:20)phil65 Wrote:
(2013-01-07, 22:16)crimsonfury Wrote: How can I have my movies and TV shows scanned in but have the artwork all saved to their respective folders and not cache a billion MegaBytes of clipart on my C:\ Drive?

I have all of my movies/TV on different HDDs and organized in separate folders in the correct XBMC folder hierarchy...

you can't.

No addon's like the Artwork Organizer that does this? So essentially I will ultimately fill my SSD?

I have 850 bluray rips, 178 tv shows and 80gb of music, and my entire XBMC folder including all of the cached art is 5.23gb. The cached art doesn't take up much space.

[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 4.0 - braz - 2013-01-08

(2013-01-07, 05:58)jdastas Wrote: I Didn't get a response in the eden thread for Nox 3.6... So i'll post here since Im using 4.0 on my macbook and will upgrade to 4.0 as soon as all bugs are worked out on frodo for my main HTPC.

Hi all,

Special thanks to Phil and Bignoid for this wonderful and beautiful skin, I've been a user ever since I made the switch from Plex about 1.5 years ago. Cheers!

I have a minor request on some tweeking that I want to do.

below you will see in the episode view type under tv shows, both the season poster and the logo appear right next to eachother. Personally for me I feel that this is somewhat redundant for the screen and would like to actually get rid of one of them in this view type. Let me show you what Im talking about.

If anyone can please point me to the correct place in the xml file to change this or give me any tips that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for any help.

There is an option in Episode viewtype settings to turn off the poster.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 4.0 - TeKo - 2013-01-08

Uhm I activated somekind of debug mode...
How do I turn it off?

Red and blue text on the top.

I always liked the skin but wasnt a fan of the look but now I can easily customize it so it looks kinda like the old MQ skin with all the cool Nox features.
Also it seems really fast for a heavy skin like this.

Great job.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 4.0 - thrak76 - 2013-01-08

(2013-01-08, 00:38)TeKo Wrote: Uhm I activated somekind of debug mode...
How do I turn it off?

Try F6 or F7.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 4.0 - Mbee - 2013-01-08

(2013-01-07, 01:07)phil65 Wrote:
(2013-01-07, 00:55)Mbee Wrote: Congratz on the new release guys - This is absolutely the best skin out there, by far ...loving it Big Grin

But I noticed something weird with the Icelandic translations in the new Nox, and I'm wondering if you guys could help me figure out what might be wrong?
I noticed this yesterday as I was checking the translations out.
The thing is, some of the items on the Main Home bar don't translate (they stay english/unchanged). They are:

Programs, Custom, Movies, TV Shows, Live TV, Search, Favourites, Weather, Pictures and TV Guide

The funny thing is that "Shutdown, System, Music, Music Videos" all translate fine. It's only those I'm listing here above that aren't behaving normally. Also, all other instances of those words (e.g. in the topbar) appear just fine - this just seems to happen on the main Home menu bar.

Now, using my stupendously limited programming skills, I've taken a look at the appropriate "language/strings.po" file. After careful skimming it seems that the file is just fine, there are no words missing, the translations are there.

So I'm at a loss - I reallize that probably none of you are Icelandic speaking, but hopefully one of you guys know what's going on or can help me look in the right places.

thanks
- M

we also use labels from xbmc core application. you can help translating here:
https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/XBMC-Main-Frodo/

Right, excellent suggestion thanks ...should've thought of that sooner. Tongue

Anyways, so I had a look at your link and the XBMC core is mostly translated - at least all the important stuff is there 100%, which includes those entries I listed in my previous post (not live-tv stuff and recordings etc - the newest additions to xbmc feature pool basically - that stuff is still missing).
So it appears something somewhere doesn't seem to get through into Nox. Undecided
The default Confluence (even a mod of that) works just fine translated, yes they might be using the labels differently, but if the xbmc-core has the translations and Nox as well, what could be stopping this from displaying correctly in Nox?

all suggestions welcome

cheers
- M

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 4.0 - MaxCore - 2013-01-08

I just uptate my system to frodo and AeonNox is always in the top !! amazing job guys ! i use aeon nox about 1 years and is a plesure for my eyes! keep the good work!!!

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 4.0 - Greg. - 2013-01-08

(2013-01-07, 12:59)phil65 Wrote:
(2013-01-07, 07:45)Greg. Wrote: ive spent the day experimenting with 4.06 and like what i see,nice to have the search actually return something, i do consider the loss of dvd cases a significant step back.i have 3,400 movies on 3 raid 6 nases, of those there are 1100 odd 480/576 rips, some 2000 720p rips, 50 odd 1080p's and 75 odd 3d's.,not including 173 tvshows or 5100 odd episodes/
the dvd case views quickly made it visible which was which. id like to have seen 3d and 1080 cases.
now im a disabled cat in a wheelchair with only a non dominant partially working left arm, somehow ive turned on a debug like feature, that shows the xml in use and a method, how do i turn off?
last but not least none of my widgets both new and random. return any artwork, be it movies, tvshows, music or featured?

dvdcase showcase wasn´t removed.
and concerning artwork, read the FAQ.

my bad, didn't realise VIEWTYPE was context sensitive, nice. but i can tell by the lack of 3D cases and icons, you too busy coding to realise this would make it even more polished as would a black bdmv case for 1080p. i would be happy to make the cases following torrent conventions.any help re debugging question appreciated

i take it your referencing to skin.system.widgets?, running even the most recent results in a fail?
i gotta warn ya, xbmc.log gets ugly! http://pastebin.com/77ewR47E
(2013-01-08, 02:25)thrak76 Wrote:
(2013-01-08, 00:38)TeKo Wrote: Uhm I activated somekind of debug mode...
How do I turn it off?

Try F6 or F7.

just reboot xbmc..

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 4.0 - CutSickAss - 2013-01-08

(2013-01-08, 03:55)Mbee Wrote:
(2013-01-07, 01:07)phil65 Wrote:
(2013-01-07, 00:55)Mbee Wrote: Congratz on the new release guys - This is absolutely the best skin out there, by far ...loving it Big Grin

But I noticed something weird with the Icelandic translations in the new Nox, and I'm wondering if you guys could help me figure out what might be wrong?
I noticed this yesterday as I was checking the translations out.
The thing is, some of the items on the Main Home bar don't translate (they stay english/unchanged). They are:

Programs, Custom, Movies, TV Shows, Live TV, Search, Favourites, Weather, Pictures and TV Guide

The funny thing is that "Shutdown, System, Music, Music Videos" all translate fine. It's only those I'm listing here above that aren't behaving normally. Also, all other instances of those words (e.g. in the topbar) appear just fine - this just seems to happen on the main Home menu bar.

Now, using my stupendously limited programming skills, I've taken a look at the appropriate "language/strings.po" file. After careful skimming it seems that the file is just fine, there are no words missing, the translations are there.

So I'm at a loss - I reallize that probably none of you are Icelandic speaking, but hopefully one of you guys know what's going on or can help me look in the right places.

thanks
- M

we also use labels from xbmc core application. you can help translating here:
https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/XBMC-Main-Frodo/

Right, excellent suggestion thanks ...should've thought of that sooner. Tongue

Anyways, so I had a look at your link and the XBMC core is mostly translated - at least all the important stuff is there 100%, which includes those entries I listed in my previous post (not live-tv stuff and recordings etc - the newest additions to xbmc feature pool basically - that stuff is still missing).
So it appears something somewhere doesn't seem to get through into Nox. Undecided
The default Confluence (even a mod of that) works just fine translated, yes they might be using the labels differently, but if the xbmc-core has the translations and Nox as well, what could be stopping this from displaying correctly in Nox?

all suggestions welcome

cheers
- M

I don't think this has anything to do with the translation file, it's probably this issue (also check phil's comment below it). Quick answer, reset the problematic menu items one by one in the menu customizer, with Icelandic enabled.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 4.0 - Vaikin - 2013-01-08

There's always this too...
(2013-01-07, 22:16)crimsonfury Wrote: How can I have my movies and TV shows scanned in but have the artwork all saved to their respective folders and not cache a billion MegaBytes of clipart on my C:\ Drive?

I have all of my movies/TV on different HDDs and organized in separate folders in the correct XBMC folder hierarchy...

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 4.0 - Uofa2000 - 2013-01-08

I've been fighting the red/blue debug thing since Saturday with no luck. Tried F keys, shutdown XBMC, killed app, rebooted pc several time. Even stepped through and disabled any scripts or plugins I thought might be the culprit.