Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 4.0 (FRODO) only - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 4.0 (FRODO) only (/showthread.php?tid=150880)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 4.0 - dpar - 2013-04-24

It will not write the files to your movie directory unless you have run artwork downloader and can see your discart, and THEN you export your video library to separate files. Then it will export all of your artwork to your movie directories.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 4.0 - koomak - 2013-04-24

(2013-04-23, 01:39)CutSickAss Wrote: @koomak

There is an Arial font in the Git version.

Hi;
Thanks for help that's solved the problem
cheers

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 4.0 - Deano316 - 2013-04-24

Been trying out the latest version of Nox and have run into a few issues but nothing major. Question about Landscape single-logo, the flags (source, rating, studio, audio) are no longer there. Have they been purposefully removed? if so, could we have the option of turning them on and off? Quite like them gone at the moment but they are useful for giving minor info.

Also noticed that the studio flag 'WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment)' needs to be a duplicate of 'WWE' and not 'WWE Studios' as it is at the moment.

Loving some of the new features, just keeps getting better Big Grin One suggestion, when using the movie widget (down to highlight poster, enter to bring up info) would it be possible to add an extras button here to the info widget? Seems an appropriate place to have it seeing as there are buttons for movie and trailer already.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 4.0 - hewligun - 2013-04-24

question I am running 4.0.9 but if i Install the latest git version what happens when you release an official version on the xbmc repo? will it auto replace or will I have to start all over again?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 4.0 - CutSickAss - 2013-04-25

(2013-04-24, 23:44)hewligun Wrote: question I am running 4.0.9 but if i Install the latest git version what happens when you release an official version on the xbmc repo? will it auto replace or will I have to start all over again?

If you install the git version, make sure the folder name is "skin.aeon.nox", not "skin.aeon.nox-master" or anything else. This way, once a new stable release is out, it will get updated.

But, there are some things you have to remember... first of all, after the update you may have to delete the images in the "media" folder if there were any left over (everything except Textures.xbt). Second, always remember that git versions are a work in progress (WIP), therefore many things may be broken, and the settings may change drastically, leading to a necessary reset of the skin at some point. Third, exactly because it's a WIP, requesting assistance or complaining about a broken feature will only lead to the skinners getting annoyed, and won't get much help solving your problems.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 4.0 - hewligun - 2013-04-25

(2013-04-25, 00:21)CutSickAss Wrote:
(2013-04-24, 23:44)hewligun Wrote: question I am running 4.0.9 but if i Install the latest git version what happens when you release an official version on the xbmc repo? will it auto replace or will I have to start all over again?

If you install the git version, make sure the folder name is "skin.aeon.nox", not "skin.aeon.nox-master" or anything else. This way, once a new stable release is out, it will get updated.

But, there are some things you have to remember... first of all, after the update you may have to delete the images in the "media" folder if there were any left over (everything except Textures.xbt). Second, always remember that git versions are a work in progress (WIP), therefore many things may be broken, and the settings may change drastically, leading to a necessary reset of the skin at some point. Third, exactly because it's a WIP, requesting assistance or complaining about a broken feature will only lead to the skinners getting annoyed, and won't get much help solving your problems.

Would I be better off copying the current "skin.aeon.nox" to another location and then drop the git version in with the "skin.aeon.nox" name so if there a new version I can just delete the git version replace with the old and update?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 4.0 - CutSickAss - 2013-04-25

(2013-04-25, 00:45)hewligun Wrote: Would I be better off copying the current "skin.aeon.nox" to another location and then drop the git version in with the "skin.aeon.nox" name so if there a new version I can just delete the git version replace with the old and update?

Keeping a copy of the current version would be pointless, since: a) there is already a copy kept in the packages folder to which you can revert to, and b) even deleting it completely and re-installing it won't have any effect on your settings, since they are stored in userdata\guisettings.xml.

The quickest way to install git (which will get updated when a stable version is available):
- Delete the contents of the skin.aeon.nox folder.
- Download the git version from here.
- Open this zip file, go inside the folder named "Aeon-Nox-master", select all the files and folders, and extract them to "%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeon.nox".

Traditionally it's necessary to install any add-on from inside XBMC ("Install from zip"), but because no changes having been made regarding the plugins required for Nox since version 4.0.9, you shouldn't have any problems with this.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 4.0 - Greg. - 2013-04-25

(2013-04-24, 17:19)dpar Wrote: It will not write the files to your movie directory unless you have run artwork downloader and can see your discart, and THEN you export your video library to separate files. Then it will export all of your artwork to your movie directories.

of course!, makes perfect sense. herein lies the prob, tho AD is configured for discart, with no limits, and shows disc.png, clearart.png etc, downloading. it dosent export them or obviously display them. yet with logos selected in viewtype its happily displaying them, so wheres logo.png?. even more confused.Confused

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 4.0 - dpar - 2013-04-25

Your logo.png is in the cache. XBMC caches the files to the thumbnails directory for quick access. XBMC only uses artwork from the cache/thumbnails database, it does not access your movie folders for artwork. Now if you run artwork downloader with "use local files" selected, then artwork downloader will check your movie folders and copy the local artwork to the thumbnail folder where XBMC will use it.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 4.0 - hewligun - 2013-04-25

loving the git versioN!! question. where is the graphics for aeon.nox stored on the nexed air'd screen? I wanted to do a little customizing on the skin for that section.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 4.0 - Greg. - 2013-04-26

(2013-04-25, 17:00)dpar Wrote: Your logo.png is in the cache. XBMC caches the files to the thumbnails directory for quick access. XBMC only uses artwork from the cache/thumbnails database, it does not access your movie folders for artwork. Now if you run artwork downloader with "use local files" selected, then artwork downloader will check your movie folders and copy the local artwork to the thumbnail folder where XBMC will use it.

ah got it, BUT, have 'use local files' selected, and nothings written, and hence, nothing but logos displayed? what does debug do?, a less vebose detail report?
and what is artwork organizer?, whats its function?
aaarrrgghh!, about to flag making it pretty!

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 4.0 - colemanuk - 2013-04-27

Thanks to the devs for this skin its by far my favorite! I've only just bought something powerful enough to run it smoothly!

I can't for the life of me work out how to get the disk roll into place along the bottom like it does in the YouTube video.
Also how to scroll through widgets at the top on the homescreen

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 4.0 - Razieal - 2013-04-27

make sure you have "skin.widgets" installed if you dont know go into addons then services there you can install and enable it after that go in to showcase view and open viewtype setting and enable show Cdart and you should see cs rolling Smile

Re: RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 4.0 - colemanuk - 2013-04-27

(2013-04-27, 15:59)Razieal Wrote: make sure you have "skin.widgets" installed if you dont know go into addons then services there you can install and enable it after that go in to showcase view and open viewtype setting and enable show Cdart and you should see cs rolling :)

That's brilliant thanks for the reply :)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 4.0 - Razieal - 2013-04-27

(2013-04-27, 16:02)colemanuk Wrote:
(2013-04-27, 15:59)Razieal Wrote: make sure you have "skin.widgets" installed if you dont know go into addons then services there you can install and enable it after that go in to showcase view and open viewtype setting and enable show Cdart and you should see cs rolling Smile

That's brilliant thanks for the reply Smile
u got it working?