Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 4.0 (FRODO) only - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 4.0 (FRODO) only (/showthread.php?tid=150880)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 4.0 - millercentral - 2013-01-18

I can't tell you how much I love this skin. I use LowList for my primary catalog browsing, but there were a couple of things that weren't quite right for me, so I made some minor modifications:
  • To me, it felt like the view overused IMDB ratings a little bit, with every line show the rating. These movies/shows are already in my catalog, I know I like them. I changed the unselected items to show their year in movies, rather than their rating, and changed the selected item to show its rating using the 5-star images instead of text numbers.

• I didn't like that there was no glance-able way to see the Studio and MPAA rating of movies in lowlist, and I thought that the media format flag images were more of a "show info" thing. So I changed the display such that when showing only the plot, the Studio and MPAA rating images show, just like TV Series/Season views. However, if you choose to "Show Info" from the viewtype settings, or press Right to display the fanart info frame, the flags go back to the media format information. To me this seems the best of both worlds and makes it easier the find the info I want when browsing through my catalog.

• Finally, for TV Series I use the banner LowList setting. Unfortunately the banners show a badge with an unwatched count which is my library is mostly wrong. For some reason this view does not offer a ViewType option to turn off the Unwatched Indicator, and a quick attempt of manually changing the setting in guisettings.xml didn't seem to work either. So I manually removed that indicator from the viewtype.

Let me know if you would like to integrate any of these changes into the official skin code, I'd be happy to share my modified files (really only a few lines needed to change). Thank you again for all of your hard work, looking through the code it is clear this has been a huge effort to create.

-james

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 4.0 - phil65 - 2013-01-18

(2013-01-18, 18:26)millercentral Wrote: I can't tell you how much I love this skin. I use LowList for my primary catalog browsing, but there were a couple of things that weren't quite right for me, so I made some minor modifications:
  • To me, it felt like the view overused IMDB ratings a little bit, with every line show the rating. These movies/shows are already in my catalog, I know I like them. I changed the unselected items to show their year in movies, rather than their rating, and changed the selected item to show its rating using the 5-star images instead of text numbers.

• I didn't like that there was no glance-able way to see the Studio and MPAA rating of movies in lowlist, and I thought that the media format flag images were more of a "show info" thing. So I changed the display such that when showing only the plot, the Studio and MPAA rating images show, just like TV Series/Season views. However, if you choose to "Show Info" from the viewtype settings, or press Right to display the fanart info frame, the flags go back to the media format information. To me this seems the best of both worlds and makes it easier the find the info I want when browsing through my catalog.

• Finally, for TV Series I use the banner LowList setting. Unfortunately the banners show a badge with an unwatched count which is my library is mostly wrong. For some reason this view does not offer a ViewType option to turn off the Unwatched Indicator, and a quick attempt of manually changing the setting in guisettings.xml didn't seem to work either. So I manually removed that indicator from the viewtype.

Let me know if you would like to integrate any of these changes into the official skin code, I'd be happy to share my modified files (really only a few lines needed to change). Thank you again for all of your hard work, looking through the code it is clear this has been a huge effort to create.

-james

thx, I´ll consider exchanging rating with year + stars.
missing unwatched setting should alrady be fixed on GIT.
no need to post xmls.
(2013-01-18, 18:06)garyedwardjohns Wrote: how do i edit submenu custom sets?

btw...awesome work!!!

just like main menu: by clickin on those items.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 4.0 - dpar - 2013-01-18

I like the above idea of year + stars instead of rating. I don't find much use for the numbered rating as is when browsing the list. I'd much rather see year, star rating or maybe runtime as well. My girlfriend is constantly asking "how long is such and such a movie" when we are browsing for a movie to watch. It would be nice to see runtime listed instead of having to look for it.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 4.0 - esk1 - 2013-01-19

Love the skin, but is it possible to get a version of the Info Wall that has bigger thumbnails and watched / unwatched status icons? I would love to be able to have a few less items per row but to be able to see everything really well. For an idea of size I was thinking similar to refocus BIG thumbnail view. I keep going back to that even though I like aeon nox better because it is easier to see on the tv.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 4.0 - WestKnight3 - 2013-01-19

(2013-01-19, 00:17)esk1 Wrote: Love the skin, but is it possible to get a version of the Info Wall that has bigger thumbnails and watched / unwatched status icons? I would love to be able to have a few less items per row but to be able to see everything really well. For an idea of size I was thinking similar to refocus BIG thumbnail view. I keep going back to that even though I like aeon nox better because it is easier to see on the tv.

I feel the exact same way, the thumbnails are way to small to read many of the movie names in the wall view while im in my livingroom. If there could be a customizable amount of rows and or column than it would he perfect!

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 4.0 - gibxxi - 2013-01-19

Small bug I've found which may be particular to my setup. Using the NYXBoard Remote with the custom XML posted on their forums by a user, when I click "STOP" on the remote, whatever is playing stops as expected, but the "ShutDown Menu" is also displayed.

EDIT: Not a skin issue.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 4.0 - pingomister - 2013-01-19

Hello. What kind of change was made recently to the translations in the transifex.com project? I've found many strings that were already translated being reset to blank. Should I translate those again or was there some kind of mistake? Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 4.0 - CutSickAss - 2013-01-19

(2013-01-19, 01:00)pingomister Wrote: Hello. What kind of change was made recently to the translations in the transifex.com project? I've found many strings that were already translated being reset to blank. Should I translate those again or was there some kind of mistake? Thanks

phil65 reorganized a lot of the string ids, that's why they appear untranslated. In practically all of them you can can press "Suggestions" and select the first one that has a match of 1.00. I don't know if there is an automated way of doing this, I had to do it for all the strings one by one (still didn't take that much time).

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 4.0 - mtoddster - 2013-01-19

Hello

I love the skin but there is one change from the previous version i would like to get back to make the best skin ever.

You could in the previous version while a episode or movie was playing press the "i" button on the keyboard would bring the above screenshot up so you could quickly check the writer or other info.

If there is anyway of me editing the skin to show it on my side or adding it to the official skin then it would be appreciated.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 4.0 - sergiocos - 2013-01-19

press I, then Enter (for the alternate info window)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 4.0 - millercentral - 2013-01-19

(2013-01-18, 23:36)dpar Wrote: I like the above idea of year + stars instead of rating. I don't find much use for the numbered rating as is when browsing the list. I'd much rather see year, star rating or maybe runtime as well. My girlfriend is constantly asking "how long is such and such a movie" when we are browsing for a movie to watch. It would be nice to see runtime listed instead of having to look for it.

It's funny you mention runtime, as I had that same concern... Knowing runtime while browsing is super useful. But it didn't look right when I tried it as the selected item subtext (ie in place of the genre), and didn't make sense when just the minutes were put in the right column (in place of year). I think how I'm going to land it is in the PlotOnly mode on the "higher lowlist" its just below the plot, but above the studio/rating icons. It hides itself when the info pane is displayed, or when in the "lower lowlist" view is selected:

With these changes, this is now the "perfect" movie view for my needs.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 4.0 - CaptainKen - 2013-01-19

(2013-01-18, 18:55)phil65 Wrote:
(2013-01-18, 18:26)millercentral Wrote: I can't tell you how much I love this skin. I use LowList for my primary catalog browsing, but there were a couple of things that weren't quite right for me, so I made some minor modifications:

-james

thx, I´ll consider exchanging rating with year + stars.
missing unwatched setting should alrady be fixed on GIT.
no need to post xmls.
(2013-01-18, 18:06)garyedwardjohns Wrote: how do i edit submenu custom sets?

btw...awesome work!!!

just like main menu: by clickin on those items.

I 2nd the motion to exchange rating for year.

I'm all for runtime and rating as well.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 4.0 - gibxxi - 2013-01-19

Only issue i'm currently experiencing with the skin is the "Featured" Widget. It displays the left portion fine (fanart + text label) but the right-hand portion (i'm assuming it's a poster view) is only showing the skin's film reel icon and no text label for all items in the list. Does this relate to the file paths specified in the skin? If so, which one should I be setting? Everything else shows up fine widgets-wise.

Media is stored on a custom network path (referenced in XBMC via IP address sources with custom username & password).

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 4.0 - frodo19 - 2013-01-19

Just one little thing, phil/BN, in poster view ,show cdart button possible, like on shift view?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 4.0 - mtoddster - 2013-01-19

(2013-01-19, 03:50)sergiocos Wrote: press I, then Enter (for the alternate info window)

Is there anyway of having the alternate info screen being the default action when i push I