Kodi Community Forum
Option to set MPlayer OR DVDplayer as the default video player? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Feature Requests (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Option to set MPlayer OR DVDplayer as the default video player? (/showthread.php?tid=15141)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Option to set MPlayer OR DVDplayer as the default video player? - uhuebner - 2005-09-16

hi there,

is there a way to disable the new dvd player? i want the regular mediaplayer to play when i press "play dvd". how do i disable / uninstall the new dvd player?

thanks
uhuebner

Option to set MPlayer OR DVDplayer as default player? - uhuebner - 2005-09-16

hi there,

is there a way to disable the new dvd player? i want the regular mediaplayer to play when i press "play dvd". how do i disable / uninstall the new dvd player?

thanks
uhuebner

- elupus - 2005-09-16

regular mediaplayer as in mplayer?? or as in external msdash/ava..?

external can be used by just setting dvdplayer tag in xboxmediacenter.xml..

mplayer can't be specifed at the moment.

may i ask why? atleast asfar as i can tell the new dvdplayer is far better then mplayer for playback.

- elupus - 2005-09-16

regular mediaplayer as in mplayer?? or as in external msdash/ava..?

may i ask why? atleast asfar as i can tell the new dvdplayer is far better then mplayer for playback.

- uhuebner - 2005-09-18

Quote:may i ask why? atleast asfar as i can tell the new dvdplayer is far better then mplayer for playback.

(at least my) dvd player has the annoying bug that i can't fast forward or rewind. it just keeps playing.
and it freezes when i reenter the menu (e.g. to change the language). so to me it is still too much alpha to use it as a default player.

- uhuebner - 2005-09-18

Quote:may i ask why? atleast asfar as i can tell the new dvdplayer is far better then mplayer for playback.

(at least my) dvd player has the annoying bug that i can't fast forward or rewind. it just keeps playing.
and it freezes when i reenter the menu (e.g. to change the language). so to me it is still too much alpha to use it as a default player.

- CosyCat - 2005-09-22

how can i use the old mplayer as dvdplayer instead of the new default dvdplayer?

someting i can write here? like this ?<dvdplayer>mplayer</dvdplayer>

i have new compiled build from yesterday.

- CosyCat - 2005-09-22

how can i use the old mplayer as dvdplayer instead of the new default dvdplayer?

someting i can write here? like this ?<dvdplayer>mplayer</dvdplayer>

i have new compiled build from yesterday.

- CosyCat - 2005-09-22

(elupus @ sep. 16 2005,19:25 Wrote:regular mediaplayer as in mplayer?? or as in external msdash/ava..?

i can´t calibrate the subtitle that´s a big deal for me...i don´t like when subitle overlaps the movie.

- CosyCat - 2005-09-22

(elupus @ sep. 16 2005,19:25 Wrote:regular mediaplayer as in mplayer?? or as in external msdash/ava..?

i can´t calibrate the subtitle that´s a big deal for me...i don´t like when subitle overlaps the movie.

- kraqh3d - 2005-09-22

as of now, you cant disable the dvdplayer, or preference mplayer.

- kraqh3d - 2005-09-22

as of now, you cant disable the dvdplayer, or preference mplayer.

- glovit - 2005-10-02

until i've upgraded to the present build october 1st, my dvd images running off my hard drive were running fine; i.e., .img files parsed correctly and i would get full dts sound, subtitles, ff, rewind, etc. now, images with digital sound hick up and pause, no subtitles, and ff/rewind is disable. i can only attribute this to the dvd player taking on the functions that mplayer used to handle. is there a way i can re-enable mplayer to say play *.img and dvd-player to play *.iso files? or is my only solution to go to an earlier build, say prior to sept 2005?

thanks. i'm a newbie, so i apologize, if this question has been answered, i was unable to find anything similar on this forum.

-a.

- elupus - 2005-10-02

not as default player.. you can force it to play using mplayer by using the "play using..." menu under context menu thou.. but that is just per file.

- glovit - 2005-10-02

i'm sorry, where is this "play using" you're referring to?

-a.