Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Irish TV (Video) Addon, RTE, TV3, AerTV, TG4 v.2.1.1 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Irish TV (Video) Addon, RTE, TV3, AerTV, TG4 v.2.1.1 (/showthread.php?tid=152897)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

[RELEASE] Irish TV (Video) Addon, RTE, TV3, AerTV, TG4 v.2.1.1 - Mossy - 2013-01-21

I will update this post with new versions, to make it easier to find the latest.

Irish TV Player is inspired by VODie. The AerTV part is something that mutated from liamf's AerTV player in VODie. Everything else was created from scratch.

When reporting problems ALWAYS include a debug log (<----- follow the link if you do not know how to do this). Also if you get a problem trying to play a video, check to see if works in a brower (www.rte.ie/playerxl for RTE Player). If it doesn't work there it's not going to work in the plugin.

Quote:In Settings > System > Debugging there is a setting Enable debug logging. This lets you toggle between Normal and Debug w/ visuals on the fly.

Can be installed from the official XBMC repository, my repository addon, or by direct download. New updates will always be available from my own repository and by direct download before being available via the official XBMC repository (v.2.0.14).

Repository add-on:
Eden: http://mossy-xbmc-repo.googlecode.com/files/repository.mossy.eden.zip
Frodo/Gotham: http://mossy-xbmc-repo.googlecode.com/files/repository.mossy.frodo.zip

The plugin zip can also be directly downloaded from here:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B_etmGD8fZ4oRVprNjNtWTVCOXc&usp=sharing

Advantages
[AerTV] Shows Now & Next for each channel
[AerTV] Lists only the channels that can be viewed in the plugin (RTE,TV3, TG4, News Now)

[RTE/TV3] Search option
[RTE/TV3] Download option (see plugin settings)
[RTE] Live TV (backup for AerTV, just in case!)
[TV3] Full menu, Latest, Most Popular, etc.
[TG4] Full menu, Latest, Most Popular, etc.

Live TV from outside Ireland
See wiki.

Known issues
RTE is not currently working (except for live), probably because of changes on RTE's end.
RTE News Now and RTE jr live TV do not work, and are possibly gone for good.
Update: Now RTE 1 and RTE 2 live are not working, and are possibly gone for good.

Android/Raspberry Pi: Some platforms need a more up-to-date version of librtmp than the one that normally gets installed in order to get some parts of the plugin working. This may affect platforms other than Android and Raspberry Pi. See the wiki for links.

TV3: Due to badly formatted HTML in TV3's webpages sometimes the Player cannot "read" the information it needs for a particular episode of a programme. This happens with occassional episodes on the Popular, Latest and Last Chance menus, and results in a warning that appears on the screen to say there is a problem with a particular programme. The relevant episode will NOT then appear in the programme list. If this happens and you want to see that episode, go to the "All Shows A-Z" menu, you should be able to find the episode there and play it.

Live TV on TG4 doesn't work in a browser at the moment so there's no chance of it working in the plugin.

Change Log
Version 2.1.1 [07 Apr 2014]
- Fix: RTE not working when both Resume and Watched are disabled

Version 2.1.0 [06 Apr 2014]
- [TG4 + AerTV] Make better use of pyamf to get video info from brightcove.
- Added 'Watched' status support, RTE/TV3. Turn on in plugin settings, Advanced.
- Fix proxy settings

Version 2.0.17 [28 Mar 2014]
- Add an "AerTV is now pay only" message for people who don't read change logs

Version 2.0.16 [27 Mar 2014]
- Fix AerTV login issue

RE: [RELEASE] Irish TV (Video) Addon, RTE, TV3, AerTV v.1.0.1 - irish32 - 2013-01-21

thanks Mossy, works great, I got to find a way to get aertv to play, geo problems

RE: [RELEASE] Irish TV (Video) Addon, RTE, TV3, AerTV v.1.0.1 - Mossy - 2013-01-21

Try plugin settings | Proxy / Forward IP | Method: IP Forwarding

I haven't been able to test this, but it's the same geo solution used in VODie for AerTV, so if AerTV in VODie works for you then this should work too. The IP Forwarding default settings are the same as the configuration in VODie. If that doesn't work you could maybe use a proxy.

RE: [RELEASE] Irish TV (Video) Addon, RTE, TV3, AerTV v.1.0.1 - aNILEator - 2013-01-21

Hi Mossy, I have your repo installed (for the sadly broken 4OD addon) but it keeps saying there's an update available. Any ideas why? It Just won't update or clear that message.

RE: [RELEASE] Irish TV (Video) Addon, RTE, TV3, AerTV v.1.0.1 - Mossy - 2013-01-21

I've seen that myself, don't know why but XBMC has problems updating it. I've made some changes to the repository, I don't if that fixes it or not yet.

Try deleting [XBMC_FOLDER]/addons/packages/repository.mossy* and [XBMC_FOLDER]/addons/repository.mossy and then do a fresh install of the repo.

RE: [RELEASE] Irish TV (Video) Addon, RTE, TV3, AerTV v.1.0.1 - mayoman - 2013-01-22

RTE Live and on demand, TV3 on demand and AerTV all confirmed working using version 1.0.1 on xbmc eden and OpenElec 2.99.1 on Raspberry Pi.
Great work - clean, crisp and fast with thumbnails. Thank you Mossy!

RE: [RELEASE] Irish TV (Video) Addon, RTE, TV3, AerTV v.1.0.1 - lusephur - 2013-01-22

Fantastic plugin alright.
If you could get TG4 player working, it would be perfect.

RE: [RELEASE] Irish TV (Video) Addon, RTE, TV3, AerTV v.1.0.1 - VanZan - 2013-01-22

Nice work Mossy mate. Just to let you know I added your repo and then installed the plugin from there but it wouldn't work. I just kept selecting "Irish TV" and nothing would happen. Uninstalled that and downloaded the 1.0.1 zip and it works great! Perhaps you should remove the repo link?

RE: [RELEASE] Irish TV (Video) Addon, RTE, TV3, AerTV v.1.0.1 - kudos67 - 2013-01-22

(2013-01-21, 20:14)Mossy Wrote: Try plugin settings | Proxy / Forward IP | Method: IP Forwarding

I haven't been able to test this, but it's the same geo solution used in VODie for AerTV, so if AerTV in VODie works for you then this should work too. The IP Forwarding default settings are the same as the configuration in VODie. If that doesn't work you could maybe use a proxy.

installed and tried this setting quickly but not working for me in uk

Will have a better look later - cheers

RE: [RELEASE] Irish TV (Video) Addon, RTE, TV3, AerTV v.1.0.1 - VanZan - 2013-01-22

I don't think proxies work with live streams anywhere! You'll probably need a SmartDNS or VPN service. I have a UK proxy and for example the iPlayer live streams don't work but the catch up stuff does. I'm open to correction though!

RE: [RELEASE] Irish TV (Video) Addon, RTE, TV3, AerTV v.1.0.1 - privado - 2013-01-22

wouldnt work for originally, eanbled ip forwarding and the live streams kicked in. v impressed.

RE: [RELEASE] Irish TV (Video) Addon, RTE, TV3, AerTV v.1.0.1 - irish32 - 2013-01-22

Is ip forwarding simple to do?

RE: [RELEASE] Irish TV (Video) Addon, RTE, TV3, AerTV v.1.0.1 - Mossy - 2013-01-22

Irish TV Player doesn't use the proxy settings for streams, only for the web pages. Depending on the site this may be enough, just need to get past the geo-blocking to get enough information to find the streams.

I'm relying on users to let me know which sites (RTE, TV3, etc) if any need the stream to go through the proxy too.

@irish32 Bring up the context menu in the plugin, select Plugin Settings, go to Proxy / Forward IP, change Method to IP Forwarding, that's it.

@Kudos If you can't get it working post a debug log (see first post)

RE: [RELEASE] Irish TV (Video) Addon, RTE, TV3, AerTV v.1.0.1 - irish32 - 2013-01-22

@ Mossy thanks very much, tried that RTE works great even Live section, but no go on aertv, when I change to forwarding ip it lets me move along a bar with 1 - 100 on 2 lines, but aertv still doesn't kick in, any ideas, thanks again Mossy

RE: [RELEASE] Irish TV (Video) Addon, RTE, TV3, AerTV v.1.0.1 - Mossy - 2013-01-24

Can anyone confirm that AerTV works from outside Ireland? A couple of posts mention live streams, but that could mean RTE Player live streams.

@irish32
Those bars allow you to set the first two parts of an IP address (e.g. 46.7.X.X), the last two segments are random. This is indicated by the text beside the slider controls, but depending on the skin you use that text might be invisible.

If you cannot connect to AerTV with the default IP Forwarding settings then post a debug log (there's a link in the 1st post).