Kodi Community Forum
Ant Movie Catalog (AMC) DB / XML compatibility and import scraper? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Feature Requests (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Ant Movie Catalog (AMC) DB / XML compatibility and import scraper? (/showthread.php?tid=1533)

Pages: 1 2

- fidoboy - 2008-10-21

Yes, but the problem is that i have the filename linked to my DVD drive, so, for example the movie "The movie" is stored using this path: D:\The movie.avi (i use the URL field in ant movies to store the filename).

The main problem here, using XBMC is that i can't get my movie database to browse it (like MyFilms plugin form MediaPortal, for example) All i want (and i think that many other users) is to be able to navigate my movies database to locate the disc on my phisical library (i've all discs numbered). I also have all thumbnails stored in Ant Movies, so i doesn't need that XBMC tries to locate them using IMDB or other online database. Can anyone give some tip on how to archieve this task?

kind regards,

FidoBoy

No more link ? - chirogocki - 2008-10-23

Hi,

I'm very interested in this feature (all my collection is in ant movie catalog base). Where can I find it please ?

Thanks you

you can download it [url=http://www.filecrunch.com/fileDownload.php?sub=1431803545cc26b520b696bcd016a46f&fileId=150902"]here[/url][/quote]

- Nicezia - 2008-11-03

fidoboy Wrote:Yes, but the problem is that i have the filename linked to my DVD drive, so, for example the movie "The movie" is stored using this path: D:\The movie.avi (i use the URL field in ant movies to store the filename).

The main problem here, using XBMC is that i can't get my movie database to browse it (like MyFilms plugin form MediaPortal, for example) All i want (and i think that many other users) is to be able to navigate my movies database to locate the disc on my phisical library (i've all discs numbered). I also have all thumbnails stored in Ant Movies, so i doesn't need that XBMC tries to locate them using IMDB or other online database. Can anyone give some tip on how to archieve this task?

kind regards,

FidoBoy
Yeah i know the problem...
I had several hundreds of movies on DVD, once XBMC started becoming multi platform though i bought a 1 Terrabyte Networked harddrive, that i dumped everything from the DVD's on and serve them from there, which gave me the oppritunity to store nfo files next to them.

There really should be a way to import information from a file. (other than a whole freakin database at once). But it doesn't seem to be a priority to the XBMC developers (not that i'm criticizing... at all). I'm thinking i might look at the source code (as it is, i'm not much of a programmer, but i can do a few things, in fact this task seems easy enough to me to implement.) If i can manage to figure out how to augument it with a "get info from file" option i'll submit it to the developers and see how they feel about it.

Also , i don't think disc verification is at all neccessary, if you use a field in the Info to point you to the Disc its on perhaps "Plot Outline" or something, but the initial problem i guess is still managing to get the info already stored in video database, and/or file when the source is removeable.

As far as browsing the Database, If you go into library mode, it browses all info stored in the Video Database, media present or not... maybe i'm not understanding your problem on that. Is this the point where youwant disc verification (i.e. Please insert Disc "blah blah blah" to view what ever movie you select?

- The Sandman - 2008-11-04

I have a ton of disks, also labelled, and numbered, this is how I find which movie is on which disk. You can save the Ant Movie db instead of a AMC file as an XML, it will then save / export all the thumbnails in the same folder, this might be a better way to scrape the info into XBMC (the files are labelled according to the movie number added to the DB!) I spent ages going through updating artwork and listings. Even wrote a nice bit of flash code that access my XML database and chooses a movie that I've not watched at random from the catalog, displays the basic info etc. All runs nicely in FF or IE. Very good when you just want *something* to watch. Needs a bit of polish, but the ideas works well enough.

- fidoboy - 2008-11-04

Nicezia Wrote:Yeah i know the problem...
I had several hundreds of movies on DVD, once XBMC started becoming multi platform though i bought a 1 Terrabyte Networked harddrive, that i dumped everything from the DVD's on and serve them from there, which gave me the oppritunity to store nfo files next to them.

There really should be a way to import information from a file. (other than a whole freakin database at once). But it doesn't seem to be a priority to the XBMC developers (not that i'm criticizing... at all). I'm thinking i might look at the source code (as it is, i'm not much of a programmer, but i can do a few things, in fact this task seems easy enough to me to implement.) If i can manage to figure out how to augument it with a "get info from file" option i'll submit it to the developers and see how they feel about it.

Also , i don't think disc verification is at all neccessary, if you use a field in the Info to point you to the Disc its on perhaps "Plot Outline" or something, but the initial problem i guess is still managing to get the info already stored in video database, and/or file when the source is removeable.

As far as browsing the Database, If you go into library mode, it browses all info stored in the Video Database, media present or not... maybe i'm not understanding your problem on that. Is this the point where youwant disc verification (i.e. Please insert Disc "blah blah blah" to view what ever movie you select?

Yes, it could be really fantastic to have that option, a simple dialog that prompt for the disc using a code. I'm doing also my research and i've noticed that XBMC uses two fields named ID and CODE but i don't know the purppose of these two fields. I've created and improved version of the XBMC nfo export script, downloaded from Ant.be website but i can't get two things to work:

The posters are not being imported (i've saved the info this way: <thumb>S:\catalog\234.jpg</thumb> where 234 is the code for the movie) but the scan process takes ages (i'm not sure if it's also looking for some info using the scrapper)

Other problem is the media code. As i've told you before, i've all my discs labeled using a numeric code, that it's stored into the Ant Movies database.

kind regards, Nerd

Tried this, but with limited success. - The Sandman - 2008-11-07

dowiew Wrote:Here it is: AMC_to_XBMC_xml_Export.zip
Kind of quick and dirty solution. Works prefectly for me but you know... use it for your own risk. Comes with no support or update promise. You can post bugs etc. here though.
Look at the script source code. I've left several fields blank (Credits, Outline, MPAA rating). You can put your own info/fields there.

How to use:
0. Unzip the .ifs file inside zip to the AMC\Scripts subfolder. Then in AMC:
1. Pick/Select movies to export.
2. Go to Tools/Scripting menu (or press Shift-F6).
3. Select the "AMC to XBMC xml Export" script name.
4. In the right Options panel, UNCHECK the Show Results Window, pick an option which movies to process (all, selected, ...), Uncheck all fields to modify below.
5. Execute the script - toolbar button above.
6. Answer 1st question: enter local hard disk path+filename to store the resulting xml file to.
7. Answer 2nd question: enter XBOX hard drive folder where your movies are. I mean you don't have to put movies there, but you have to enter valid movie directory! Otherwise XBMC doesn't want to import movies. It wants to associate each xml movie entry with a file (no need to exist) in a valid folder.
8. Watch the Run button. Should stay red until the script stops (20 seconds per 1000 movies on my machine).
9. Send the xml file to XBOX by ftp, go to your TV and import that file to XBMC.

Seems complicated, but it's not. I just wanted to make everything clear.

Have fun!
dowiew

I tried this, got the XML file, imported into XBMC, now I have a massive list of 'un-named' movies. Huh

Did I do something wrong? Followed the instructions, seemed pretty straight forward, which I like. I don't have a folder with Movies so I think I set it to E:\APPS\Xtras (which is a folder I have, but it doesn't have any movies in it!).

I too would like a feature that pops up with 'Insert Disk Number', if it could find the movie great, if not, then at least you've got the right disk in! Big Grin

- burningbunny - 2008-11-08

Same problem here. Maybe the xml field name has changed in a recent version of xbmc?

- fidoboy - 2008-11-30

Hi guys, any progress on this subject? There is a 'nice' way to manage/browse the movie catalog in XBMC?

Keeping up with the Joneses - The Sandman - 2008-11-30

I'm sure I read on another thread (it was late and can't find it right now!) about somebody who managed to make it so that it played a short movie that popped up telling you which disk to insert when you chose the movie from the library. But with easily over 100 disks of media, that would be a lot of clips. Could this be managed with JPGs, one for each disk, or perhaps a much simpler better coded solution? Please help folks. Have all but given up using the library for movies that I've backed up. But not on using AMC to catalog my disks. Sad

- fidoboy - 2008-11-30

Sincerely, i can't understand why a fantastic media center application like XBMC does not have this feature. To manage an offline movies catalog is a must have for almost all users (in my modest oppinion) so it could be really useful to have a simple solution for this task (may be using a separate database for offline movies??)

It's almost the same than the current movie library but with a little difference, you need a code field to store the disc or media ID. When a offline movie is selected, a pop up should appear on the screen requesting the disc (code) and then after it's inserted, play it... All the other features are the same... why can anyone create a patch for this task? I'm not a programmer, but I can help if someone does the main job... let's go guys! Tongue

regards,

- Tarlak - 2008-12-07

Nicezia Wrote:I've made an export script which will export a nfo file that can be stored next to the movie in a directory to hold the Movie Information. These nfo files will take priority over other scrapers in XBMC so even if you have content set to use another scraper it will pull info from the .nfo file first

it can be downloaded from herehttp://www.mediafire.com/?rmmqciym0yo

Hello Nicezia, i try your script with ant movie catalog, i love it but (there's always but Laugh ) I'm french and when i name my movie i use the translated title.

When i use your script in the nfo the title se is the good one, but for the nfo filename it's the orginal one, so i made the modification my self for that works for me. I think it could be good fo many people to use this title for the nfo name to. Or may be ask for the option in the script at the first launch.

A second thing, i see that in the mpaa tag you've only put an X, so i use this tag to put the number of the DVD like this

Code:
FormatedData := FormatedData +'   <mpaa>DVD N°'+GetField(fieldNumber)+'</mpaa>'+#13#10;

With this tweak i can have the number on the screen in xbmc.

I had this line to :
Code:
FormatedData := FormatedData +'   <id moviedb="allocine">X</id>'+#13#10;

it's only to had after the id in the allocine scraper, may be it could be a good idea to to ask with you script, when you use it for the first time, witch scraper to use, so you can add the good tag ?

But the most important thing : Really thanks for this script it's really use full for me Nod

- Nursingjobs - 2009-11-07

Yeah I am also interesting in Ant Movies But i don't have right now can you tell me where can i find this movie collection Thank u

- MaryAnna - 2010-01-28

I used Ant Movie Catalog before. But I think that Movienizer is better for organizing, keeping track of and having a short summary for every movie...Well, it's just my opinion.