Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Gamma-X (formerly called "Xbox Net Loader") Xbox game manager and launcher - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Gamma-X (formerly called "Xbox Net Loader") Xbox game manager and launcher (/showthread.php?tid=15567)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

- Livin - 2006-02-04

the lockups happen with any/all errors, no matter it is was xml related or not. xbmc seems fine and i can do other things, but i cannot launch xbmc update at all until i reboot the xbox. i have even tried reloading the skin and loading other skins w/o a reboot... still does not work without a cold reboot.

you should try it... just add a random character in the xml to make it fail to load... then try to run xbmc update again.

also, what do you think about the backup 2 pc idea?

- ruuk - 2006-02-04

affini:
i think the backup idea is great. (i mentioned in my last post that i will work on it when i can)

i'm confused about your message. you say you can still do other things after a lock-up? if so i'm not sure what you mean by lock-up (i was assuming you meant that the xbox became non-responsive). i'll poke around some more though.

- Livin - 2006-02-04

(ruuk @ feb. 03 2006,21:59 Wrote:affini:
  i think the backup idea is great. (i mentioned in my last post that i will work on it when i can)

i'm confused about your message. you say you can still do other things after a lock-up? if so i'm not sure what you mean by lock-up (i was assuming you meant that the xbox became non-responsive). i'll poke around some more though.
it is not really a "lock-up"... just the script no longer works until you reboot.

my best guess is that the script does not clean up (close all variables and exit) when an error occurs.

- sollie - 2006-02-04

zip file from ruuk website is not rorrect for me. it extract not all the folders. i copied all folders with xbmc. now it works for me.

sollie

- Livin - 2006-02-04

ruuk,
no matter what i try i now get this error...

Quote:traceback (most recent call last):
file "q:\scripts\gamma-x\xbmcupdate.py", line 179, in get_xbmc
fetch = browsers.samba_file_fetcher(list=list,total_s=self.size,loc=self.browser.path,pbar=self.progress,source=source,settings=settings)
file "q:\scripts\gamma-x\xnlmodules\browsers.py", line 582, in
self.init()
file "q:\scripts\gamma-x\xnlmodules\browsers.py", line 639, in init
self.file = open(self.local_path,'wb')
ioerror: [errno 2] no such file or directory: 'e:\\apps\\xbmc\\error:not folder'

this is my current xml... xbmcupdate.xml

i have tried changing to proper case for the folder names and also placing the \ in front of the paths. same error no matter what.

this is what the path looks liek to my pc share when viewed from other pcs: \\office\xbmc\xbmc

maybe you can put in some more debugging code so we can better isolate the problem?

thanks,
aaron

- ruuk - 2006-02-05

affini:

shouldn't your source url be:

Quote:<source url="smb://office;xbox:xbox@office/xbmc/xbmc"/>

instead of

Quote:<source url="smb://office;xbox:xbox@office/xbmc"/>

ruuk

- Livin - 2006-02-05

ruuk,
nothing in my xml has changed... but it has been broken for 2 or so versions now.

as for the path, it is correct.

server = office
smb share = xbmc
folder within share that has files = xbmc

thus... <source url="smb://office;xbox:xbox@office/xbmc/xbmc"/>

something has been quirky about this since the beginning when i needed to place \ in front of my paths. i'm only using smb (on a winxp pro pc) so i'm not sure what you are testing on.

can you try a repro of my setup?

also, did you repro the "update not starting after error" bug?

- ruuk - 2006-02-06

you said:

Quote:as for the path, it is correct.

server = office
smb share = xbmc
folder within share that has files = xbmc

thus... <source url="smb://office;xbox:xbox@office/xbmc/xbmc"/>

but the xml file in your link has:

Quote:<source url="smb://office;xbox:xbox@office/xbmc"/>

do you see what i am saying?
it is missing the 'xbmc' at the end of the path...

ruuk

- Livin - 2006-02-06

nope, my xml file has...
<source url="smb://office;xbox:xbox@office/xbmc" />

you are looking at...
<check_changelog check="" url="[url]ftp://user:pass@office/xbmc/xbmc"[/url] file="changelog.txt" />

sorry about my previous post, i cut-paste the wrong line from your post.

my xml is correct, this time Wink

- ruuk - 2006-02-06

affini:

Quote:nope, my xml file has...
<source url="smb://office;xbox:xbox@office/xbmc" />

in this quote you are telling me that this is the source line in your xml file. i am saying the same thing!!!! Smile

you need to have:
Quote:<source url="smb://office;xbox:xbox@office/xbmc/xbmc"/>

to reiterate:

your xml has: 'office/xbmc' <- as you said

but needs: 'office/xbmc/xbmc'

ruuk

- Livin - 2006-02-06

i'm saying is that this setup worked previously...

my 'root' is office\xbmc.
the folder the xbmc files are in is office\xbmc\xbmc
i also have mymods files in office\xbmc\mymods

i have that in the "path" for each file/dir in the xml to point to the folder.

could you rework the code and separate out the xbmc folder from the share (source) itself?

but all i'm really saying is it was working in the past.

- Livin - 2006-02-06

i'm saying is that this setup worked previously...

my 'root' is office\xbmc.
the folder the xbmc files are in is office\xbmc\xbmc
i also have mymods files in office\xbmc\mymods

i have that in the "path" for each file/dir in the xml to point to the folder.

could you rework the code and separate out the xbmc folder from the share (source) itself?

but all i'm really saying is it was working in the past.

- ruuk - 2006-02-06

this post happened all by itself. i edited it so no one would be confused by it Smile

- Livin - 2006-02-06

ruuk:

hehe... did you mean to type more in? Wink

- ruuk - 2006-02-06

affini:
the way the script works:
1) first it fetches a 'tree' listing of files and directories that are in the url path.
2) then it goes through that list to see if there are any that match your exceptions, and removes them from the list
3) then it fetches what is left in the list into your xbmc directory including full paths.
4) then it does the copies.

so if you have for example

e:\apps\xbmc\xbmc\xbmc_dir path="e:\apps\xbmc"
source url="smb://office;xbox:xbox@office/xbmc"

and within office/xbmc there is

xbmc\xboxmediacenter.xml
xbmc\default.xbe
mymods\xboxmediacenter.xml

then after you run the script on your xbox you will have

e:\apps\xbmc\xbmc\xboxmediacenter.xml
e:\apps\xbmc\xbmc\default.xbe
e:\apps\xbmc\mymods\xboxmediacenter.xml

all files in e:\apps\xbmc will not have been changed at all.
the exceptions will still work as you have them and the copies will also still work as you have them, but nothing else will have changed.
all the files will be fetched, but to the wrong location.
but everything would mostly seem like it was working fine.

i see what you are trying to do having a directory with the new files and a directory with your mods, but i don't understand why. it seems like the point of the exceptions is so that you can keep your mods on you xbox and update without overwriting them.

the problem with re-working the script as you said is that if the url does not point to the dir containing the xbmc files, there is no way for the script to know where the actual xbmc files are located.
i could add an xml setting for that, but then the script still doesn't know where to put the files that are not in the actual xbmc tree.

it would help me out to know why you have exceptions for files that you later overwrite with your mods, because, like i said, it seems like you should just keep your mods on your xbox...

i don't really want to change the way the script works (except for anything broken Smile ), because i'm happy with the basic function and would like to keep it as simple as possible.

ruuk