Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Gamma-X (formerly called "Xbox Net Loader") Xbox game manager and launcher - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Gamma-X (formerly called "Xbox Net Loader") Xbox game manager and launcher (/showthread.php?tid=15567)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

- Textbook - 2005-11-09

i looked everywhere for a log.txt or something similar to that. the only file in my xnetload folder that even comes close is the changelog.txt, but that only mentions the new/fixed features. if i could have figured this out for myself, i would have. i'm wondering if anybody else is having problems like this.

i'm using the newest build of xbmc (11-7-05 cvs t3ch release) right from the usual place. i got the latest gamma-x (v0.993b) right from within xbmc's automatic script downloading.

also, not sure if this is meant to be like this or not, but when i'm in the app config menu, i can only move my cursor/highlight the top 7 options. the bottom three (auto name, auto source, no category) can't be highlighted. is this normal?

edit: new to these forums, didn't realize that "xb1ns-" was a bad word. replaced with "the usual place"

- ruuk - 2005-11-10

ok Smile

i'm back from vacation. i'll answer a few questions.

error log:
for any script if you want to see the error output, after you have exited the script, select the script with the little white button.

fetching games:
this script does not stream games. it will never be possible for any script to stream games by itself. what it does do is allow you to keep games stored offline, and run them from a list. so the effect is that of running the game from the hd with a delay.

so what's the advantage of that?
well, it saves you from having to browse around, clear out some games, browse around and set up a transfer each time you want to play a different game. all the games are in a list. you select it and it takes care of the rest. for those who do not xboxes with extra large hd's this is (as far as i know) the most convienient way to change amongst games.
it is especially convienent for those with less saavy gamers in the house (ie wife Smile) who may not know the ins and outs of ftp and where everything is stored. with gamma-x they don't need to.

hope this helps.

textbook: use the method above to find out what the error messages are. i'll be able to help you better then Smile

- Textbook - 2005-11-11

at the bottom of the script after the game save error, it says:

ioerror: [enno 2] no such file or directory:
'q:\\scripts\\xnetload\\cache\\9e115330.png'

and the error after attempting to config an app stored on my computer:

ioerror: [enno 2] no such file or directory:
'e:\\apps\\xbmc\\scripts\\xnetload\\appcfgs\\remotex'

- ruuk - 2005-11-11

textbook:

is the script in "...scripts\xnetload"?

-and-

is there a "cache" and "appcfgs" dir in xnetload?

ruuk

- smuto - 2005-11-11

Quote: i got the latest gamma-x (v0.993b) right from within xbmc's automatic script downloading.

that true - automatic instal from xboxscripts is broken

- Textbook - 2005-11-16

good call smuto on the broken release.

i download the zip archive from your site and it seems to be working a little bit better. i can use the game save manager fine. when i go into apps, i browse to my computer, find a default.xbe, select it, and it says app config complete. i go back to the main screen and it displays the xbe title of the app and shows a little disc icon to the left of it. when i click on this, it displays an error much like the other ones i was getting before.

now, the script is much shorter and this is the entire script:

[code]-->python initialized<--
traceback (most recent call last):
file "q:\scripts\xnetload\xnetload.py", line 516, in oncontrol
self.control_response(control)
file "q:\scripts\xnetload\xnetload.py", line 544, in
control_response
self.fetch_dir_tree(app)
file "q:\scripts\xnetload\xnetload.py", line 860, in fetch_dir_tree
os.mkdir(full_dir)
oserror: [enno 2] no such file or directory: 'f:\\apps\\mimesis'

- ruuk - 2005-11-16

textbook:

most likely, "f:\apps" doesn't exist. if this is true, create it or re-configure with the settings button to an existing directory and all should be fine. otherwise let me know and i'll look in to it.

ruuk.

- ruuk - 2005-11-16

new version coming soon with:
* an xbmc updater and
* the ability to save games back to the server (ie for emulators or linux installs)

i have both working, i just need to put it all together.

i'll let you know when it's up Smile

ruuk

ps. hopefully this will fix the xbmcscripts problem as well. the zip there and the one on my site are the same, so i'm not sure what the problem is there Huh

- Livin - 2005-11-16

(ruuk @ nov. 15 2005,21:16 Wrote:  * an xbmc updater

what does this mean?

- ruuk - 2005-11-16

affini:

it is what you requested. Smile

here is what the xml looks like. you can go ahead and modify it now and save it as xbmcupdate.xml

Quote:<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<xbmc_update>
<!-- where xbmc is installed on you xbox !-->

<xbmc_dir path = "e:\xbmc" />

<!-- ftp or smb url to the location of new xbmc dir !-->

<source url="[url]ftp://user:[email protected]/mnt/hd40-2/xbox/e/xbmc/xbmc"[/url] />

<!-- put the relative path for each file and directory you do not want !-->
<!-- to copy to your xbox. !-->

<exceptions>
<file="xboxmediacenter.xml" />
<file="keymap.xml" />
<dir="sounds\bursting bubbles" />
</exceptions>

<!-- put relative source and absolute destination for every file you want !-->
<!-- copied to an alternate location after all files are fetched. !-->

<copies>
<file name="default.xbe" dest="e:\dashboard\default.xbe" />
</copies>
</xbmc_update>

the xbmc update script will come with gamma-x, but runs as a seperate script. it is pretty basic now. modify the xml, and run the script. a progress bar shows progress, and it asks if you want to restart at the end.

ruuk

- Livin - 2005-11-16

ruuk... you rooc

:kickass:

- Textbook - 2005-11-16

@ruuk, thanks for all the help. can't wait for the update, hopefully it will fix my problems.

i do have an f drive and i do have an apps directory. in fact, when i click on the xbe on the samba share, it actually says retrieving from smb share and then it says the download speed to the left. but it always fails to load and gives me that error. i'll keep messing around with it, but if you can think of anything else, please let me know. thanks for all your help and hard work, i'll be looking forward to the release.

- ruuk - 2005-11-16

textbook:

could you email me your mimesis config file. it will be in xnetload\appcfgs.

[email="[email protected]"][email protected][/email]

there isn't any sensitive data in it Smile

also if you haven't, try a different game. if you have let me know.

thanks,

ruuk

- ruuk - 2005-11-17

new version out: 0.994b

+ new - xbox media center updater
+ save apps back to network (ftp only for now, and all files
for now)
+ move some stuff to different modules
+ fixed errors running an app after config without restarting
i think.
+ fixed bug with configuring xisos
+ add update xbmc button and rearranged buttons
+ changed 'settings' button to 'options'
- removed benchmarks button, put it under options menu
+ added 'gamma-x.py' - should help people know what to run first
and possibly speed startup

enjoy!

ruuk

- Livin - 2005-11-17

ruuk,
i'm going to try the updater... tell me if this will do what i want...
Quote:<xbmc_update>
   <xbmc_dir path = "e:\apps\xbmc" />
   <source url='smb://office/xbmc' />
   <exceptions>
       <file name="xboxmediacenter.xml" />
       <file name="filezilla server.xml" />
       <file name="dialogsubmenu.xml" />
       <file name="home.xml" />                
   </exceptions>
   <copies>
       <file name="default.xbe" dest="c:\xbmc.xbe" />
   </copies>
</xbmc_update>'''

copy all files from "office" smb server to e:\apps\xbmc on xbox, with the exceptions and then copy the default.xbe to the xbox's c: as xbmc.xbe ?

for the exceptions do i need to specify the path? there are several files with same name but in multiple paths... example: home.xml in pal & pal16x9