Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Gamma-X (formerly called "Xbox Net Loader") Xbox game manager and launcher - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Gamma-X (formerly called "Xbox Net Loader") Xbox game manager and launcher (/showthread.php?tid=15567)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

- ksufinger - 2005-11-30

(ruuk @ nov. 30 2005,01:19 Wrote:ksufinger:
hmmm... xml looks good. sounds like it is doing exactly what it was doing before my changes. did you restart your xbox after you put on the new version? if you don't it will use the old version even though it's gone. it caches all the modules. i'm going to check ftp to make sure it's still working for me.
yeah i gave that a try...still a no go. i think the ftp on version 0.994b was working for me, but i've misplaced the files for that. do you still have it?

- ruuk - 2005-11-30

ksufinger:
i've got a good feeling about this one Smile

http://2ndmind.net/xnetload/files/xbmcupdate.py

thanks for bringing this to my attention.
there was some problems with the ftp caused when i fixed the smb. i fixed them and tested both ftp and smb and both worked (exceptions and all)

let me know Smile

ruuk

- ksufinger - 2005-11-30

it appears we have a winner here! hehe Smile
i just ran it a couple times and it seems to be working, but i'm on my way out to the bar. so i'll make sure to give it a good check later.

- ruuk - 2005-11-30

ksufinger:

cool Cool

ruuk

- ksufinger - 2005-11-30

yes, it is working now. files that i specify are not overwritten or written at all. the only problem is that when i specify a folder (i.e. scripts) then files get overwritten. i tested this by editing the file installer.py in the scripts\xbmcscripts folder. i deleted everything in the file, but when i ran the update, the file was restored with the updated information. this might be something to look at. i'll try looking at folders with files in them. perhaps your script doesn't include all of a folder's subdirectories when writing.

- ksufinger - 2005-11-30

okay, i checked that out. just as i expected, only files in a folder are not overwritten, but the subdirectories they contain (as well as the files contained by them) are. can this be fixed?

- ruuk - 2005-11-30

ksufinger:
this should work, though i've said that before Smile

it worked in my tests, both ftp and smb, and i tried an exception for a dir in the root of the xbmc dir and an exception for a dir within a subdir and both worked.

this better work... or else Huh

ruuk

- ksufinger - 2005-11-30

(ruuk @ nov. 30 2005,20:14 Wrote:ksufinger:
this should work, though i've said that before Smile

it worked in my tests, both ftp and smb, and i tried an exception for a dir in the root of the xbmc dir and an exception for a dir within a subdir and both worked.

this better work... or else Huh

ruuk
kudos, nice work! Smile

- Bootsy - 2005-11-30

okay...big thx to you ruuk... :fixed:
it´s running now... :thumbsup:
the _init_.py where not transfered by flashfxp, because the file has 0kb...
but now when i want to start the savegamemanager...i get a error message, too...
from the error.log...:

traceback (most recent call last):
file "q:\scripts\xnetload\xnetload.py", line 351, in oncontrol
self.control_response(control)
file "q:\scripts\xnetload\xnetload.py", line 416, in control_response
w = savemx.save_manager_window()
file "q:\scripts\xnetload\savemx.py", line 330, in
self.fill_save_list()
file "q:\scripts\xnetload\savemx.py", line 374, in fill_save_list
for g in list: self.add_item(g[0],g[1])
file "q:\scripts\xnetload\savemx.py", line 344, in add_item
img = xbe.get_image(file=filename)
file "q:\scripts\xnetload\xnlmodules\xbe.py", line 667, in get_image
return xpr0_image(mipmap=mipmap,addr=addr,size=size,file=file)
file "q:\scripts\xnetload\xnlmodules\xbe.py", line 447, in
self.decompressdxt1()
file "q:\scripts\xnetload\xnlmodules\xbe.py", line 337, in decompressdxt1
bitmask = (long(self.comp_data[pos+2]) << 16) + self.comp_data[pos+3]
indexerror: array index out of range

and i can´t connect to my pc (via samba)...i typed in the same url as in xbmc video/music share etc...but error message...
example...:

smb://user:@pcip (i´ve no pw...so i didn´t type it in...)

but before i start to ask stupid questions, i want to try it by myself...and then i come back and ask the questions... :oops:

and again ruuk...thx...the script sounds and looks very good... :nuts:

- ruuk - 2005-12-01

bootsy:
if you are connecting to a windows computer you will need the computername as in:

smb://computername;user@pcip

give that a shot.

i'll look into that save manager error. if you wouldn't mind, i might send you a special version of one of the script files that will help me figure out what is causing the problem. i expect that one of your saves has a non-standard image file, and if i can find out which one and get a copy of the save i can account for it.

ruuk

- Bootsy - 2005-12-01

ruuk...can i say daddy to you...? Blush
i tried it once...and i get connected to my pc...thx for your help again... Smile
but could it be that not all files and dirs are shown...? i´ve 3pages shown, but there are many many more files and dirs...only a-b are shown...and one c file...

and yes...i want to help you, too...
send me that special .py and i´ll help you... Wink

thx thx thx very much... :d

- ruuk - 2005-12-04

affini:

i tested having the xbmc files in the root of a share and it worked for me. (i tested this a few days ago, sorry i didn't get back to you sooner about it)

the script is definately working over smb. i have it working and others have gotten it working. i think there must be something different about your setup, or something we are overlooking.

why don't you try browsing the the browser in xnetload ('app config' button - then 'browse server'). enter the url there without the path or share and see if you can browse to that share and the contents within.

ruuk

- Livin - 2005-12-06

i figured out why it was not working for me...

1) your example setting xml is incorrect
- it is required to put a backslash in front of the directories...

your example: <dir path="sounds\bursting bubbles" />
needed: <dir path="\sounds\bursting bubbles" />

2) i had to give the user acct i was using "full control" in the ntfs permissions... this is bad! it does not work when i give "read & list"

i'm not sure if you have a windows xp w/ sp1 but please test this and try to fix the python code. this is a security problem.

new problem:
i got a msg that said it failed to copy textures.xpr. i tested via ftp and it copies fine. what's the deal?

side note:
in your example xml you also have 'skins' and it should be 'skin'

- ruuk - 2005-12-06

affini:

ok, i'm glad you've gotten that far Smile

now i'll see if i can address some of those issues Smile

1) hmmm... preceeding backslashes aren't required. it is not coded to need them, i don't use them in my file, and others have it working without, so i'm not sure what is up there. Huh

2) i have xp with service pack 2. i'll see what i can do about that (security), but the smb module was not written by me, and it is pretty complex - so don't expect any quick changes Smile

3) i'm not sure i can do anythig about the textures.xpr file. it happens intermittently and has nothing to do with what protocol you use. i believe that xbmc is using the file when it tries to copy it. it appears to be the file that holds all the images for the pmiii skin. i'm going to see what i can do. (maybe the script can try multiple times, since it works on and off anyway)

4) i already noticed and fixed the 'skins' in the example. it might not be in the most recent release. thanks though! Smile

thanks,

ruuk

- Livin - 2005-12-06

Quote:1) hmmm... preceeding backslashes aren't required. it is not coded to need them, i don't use them in my file, and others have it working without, so i'm not sure what is up there. Huh

yes, without the backslash i got an error in the log that showed like this... xbmcskin\project mayhem iii instead of "xbmc\skin\project mayhem iii"

Quote:2) i have xp with service pack 2. i'll see what i can do about that (security), but the smb module was not written by me, and it is pretty complex - so don't expect any quick changes Smile

cool... i'm surprised more people have not noted this... then again, i'm more security conscious then most.

Quote:3) i'm not sure i can do anythig about the textures.xpr file. it happens intermittently and has nothing to do with what protocol you use. i believe that xbmc is using the file when it tries to copy it. it appears to be the file that holds all the images for the pmiii skin. i'm going to see what i can do. (maybe the script can try multiple times, since it works on and off anyway)

xbmc does not have a file lock on that file (or any file) when running. this is why ftp can overwrite without issue... smb file transfer should too.