Kodi Community Forum
script.watchlist and script.randomitems marked as broken - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Thread: script.watchlist and script.randomitems marked as broken (/showthread.php?tid=156773)

script.watchlist and script.randomitems marked as broken - htpc guy - 2013-02-19

I can't find any info on my issue. I'm running frodo on Windows 7 with Aeon Nox for the skin. I keep getting popups about script.watchlist and script.randomitems being marked as broken in the repository. The popups keep happening even if I choose to disable the addons or not.

I have deleted both addons and pulled in new versions from their Git repos. Are there any known issues with these addons?

Let me know if a log is needed. The kids are currently watching the tube so I can't pull them at the moment. Just wanted to possibly get this posted to see if others have had the same issue.

Thanks.

RE: script.watchlist and script.randomitems marked as broken - htpc guy - 2013-02-19

Never mind. Looks like further reading shows they have been replaced by other addons.

RE: script.watchlist and script.randomitems marked as broken - nathansperf - 2013-02-19

I have the same issue. Any one have a fix? Very aggravating.

RE: script.watchlist and script.randomitems marked as broken - htpc guy - 2013-02-20

@nathansperf

I'm guessing you upgraded from Eden to Frodo. These two addons are leftovers from Eden and have been replaced by different addons in Frodo. Delete the addons from your XBMC addon directory and restart XBMC. You should be good from there.

RE: script.watchlist and script.randomitems marked as broken - htpc guy - 2013-02-23

So strange things are happening. I've deleted the offending addons (listed in the first post) and now the errors return. WTF? It looks like XBMC re-downloaded them. Or did they come from the packages folder? Maybe I should delete them from there too. I would like another opinion though.

RE: script.watchlist and script.randomitems marked as broken - ronie - 2013-02-23

might be a corrupt Addon15.db ?
delete it and restart xbmc.

you should only have to disable the addons once, when xbmc asks for it.
no need to manually delete anything.

RE: script.watchlist and script.randomitems marked as broken - htpc guy - 2013-02-24

Thanks Ronnie. I'll try that and reply back if it fixes it.

*edit
This seems to have solved my issue. Thanks again Ronnie.

RE: script.watchlist and script.randomitems marked as broken - TheUser - 2013-08-19

Hi all, I have been using XBMC for a few years now with great interest and no problems.

However like this post has been referring to, I also receive constantly the two popup messages since upgrading to Frodo from Eden.

I tried all of the above option a couple of times, but without any success it keeps on coming back. I hope that someone of the XBMC team can assist. Installing all fresh again is not preferred because of the amount of configured option and add-ons I collected over time.

I am using an OpenElec system on a Xtreamer ultra and I am not sure how to retrieve any log to this post from this barebone easily.

Thanks in advance for any support.

RE: script.watchlist and script.randomitems marked as broken - Martijn - 2013-08-19

the way it should work is to remove those two addon folders from your userdata (wiki) and delete addons15.db
if that doesn't work i don't know what will.

RE: script.watchlist and script.randomitems marked as broken - TheUser - 2013-08-19

Hi Martijn, thanks for the fast reply.

I was not able to find any reference in this userdata before. I just checked again, and the 2 scripts are not in the directory. I also deleted and rebuild the addon db. But still they popup. Any other suggestions?

Thanks

RE: script.watchlist and script.randomitems marked as broken - Greddy2000 - 2013-10-13

I had the same problem. Martijn advice worked, the two addon folders aren't under user data though, they were under Addons. The addons15.db is under userdata though.

RE: script.watchlist and script.randomitems marked as broken - TheUser - 2013-10-13

Thanks a million! I found the 2 scripts as suggested under the addons directory! I was planning to reinstall, but hopefully this won't be necessary anymore. ;-)

Thanks guys!

RE: script.watchlist and script.randomitems marked as broken - gmdon - 2013-10-28

(2013-10-13, 20:26)TheUser Wrote: Thanks a million! I found the 2 scripts as suggested under the addons directory! I was planning to reinstall, but hopefully this won't be necessary anymore. ;-)

Thanks guys!

I'm going nuts. I have the same problem with "script.watchlist and script.randomitems marked as broken" over and over again. I'm also running OpenElec from Xtreamer Ultra 2-box. I've deleted "Addons15.db" from "Userdata\Database" severel times, but I really can't find the addons anywhere. Seems odd since I have the same hardware and software as "TheUser". The only directory where I can find addons is under "Userdata\addon_data", but there's no files called script.watchlist or script.randomitems. There's no directory called just called "Addons". This is relly annoying.

Any help would be very much appreciated, thanks!

RE: script.watchlist and script.randomitems marked as broken - gmdon - 2013-10-30

Ok, I found the addons-folder by using SSH with Putty. Not very userfriendly. I've deleted both annoying scripts, and hopefully the problem is solved. Not sure though.

Btw, didn't need SSH to find the userdata-folder. Could see this merely by using Windows 7 "logging in" with IP-address. Why's this? Anybody? Thanks.