Kodi Community Forum
Lenovo Q190 - Test results & 2 questions - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Lenovo Q190 - Test results & 2 questions (/showthread.php?tid=157563)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

RE: Lenovo Q190 currently best value mini HTPC - Test results & 2 questions - superko - 2013-12-05

The problem is, that when DTS-MA and TrueHD is not showing in Sound Properties, then if you check, that you have DTS-MA and TrueHD capable AVR (in XBMC Audio Output options) you will get no sound from XBMC to AVR. With this two things unchecked in XBMC, video and audio works fine, but without DTS-MA or TrueHD pass-trough. I have a Denon 2113, everything works fine except this two things.

RE: Lenovo Q190 currently best value mini HTPC - Test results & 2 questions - Deacon Dog - 2013-12-12

Q190 on sale @ Lenovo site starting @ USD 272.88. http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/desktops/ideacentre/q-series/q190/

RE: Lenovo Q190 currently best value mini HTPC - Test results & 2 questions - doclago - 2013-12-13

Have been looking at the q190 on lenovo outlet for a little while. Comes with the 887 processor and a DVD drive. 2 questions:

1)Can the DVD drive be upgraded to a blu-ray drive?
2)Can this product support 3d playback?

Thanks in advance, I skimmed through most of the posts here just couldnt find a definite answer. Thank you very much in advance.

RE: Lenovo Q190 currently best value mini HTPC - Test results & 2 questions - iwak - 2013-12-13

(2013-07-09, 00:20)croula Wrote: Hi everyone,
I just purchased this machine and i love it, but my problem i can not get 5.1 audio, when i go to audio manager it shows digital output with 2 speakers only and the speakers tab missing. the unit is hooked to harman Kardon bds receiver with optical cable. I updated the realtek driver and still can not get 5.1 surround. help please
Hi everyone,

i got the same experience with this issue.

Yes, already trying to switch from given driver in the lenovo website and update driver from windows and still can't get 5.1 surround sound to my avr using digital output, already try switch from windows 7 pro to windows 8.1 with latest sound driver and still got the same result Sad

unfortunately i don't have the avr with hdmi connection, so until right now only using direct sound via hdmi to my Aquos and only get 2.0 sound only.....

is anyone got the same experience and had the clue how to make it works via digital output to 5.1 avr system.

thanks.

note : using the celeron version with 2gb memory and 320gb hdd, pair with Windows 7 Pro right now and XBMC 12.2 Frodo

RE: Lenovo Q190 currently best value mini HTPC - Test results & 2 questions - vannyi - 2014-01-02

Anyone notice that the i3 model is not available on the Lenovo website http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/desktops/ideacentre/q-series/q190/

Are they possibly out of stock?

RE: Lenovo Q190 currently best value mini HTPC - Test results & 2 questions - Eko P - 2014-01-07

Can someone please tell me how to place the unit on the stand ? As it blocks one of the vents underneath, See image below. I've adjusted it any possible way but will block one of the vents everytime...

RE: Lenovo Q190 currently best value mini HTPC - Test results & 2 questions - MS413 - 2014-01-08

I just received Q190 and I really don't know my way around how to update windows to 8.1, Can any experienced users please advise me how to do this ? I've heard it's somewhat tricky ? Is its true ? And if so if you could please explain step by step along with if I would have to update any drivers for the device itself.

I really appreciate it, Thank you.

RE: Lenovo Q190 currently best value mini HTPC - Test results & 2 questions - mbwmike - 2014-01-08

Windows 8.1 is available in the apps store on the home page, If it's not displayed you will need to update windows 8 first. The 8.1 update is straight forward just follow the onscreen instructions but takes forever so make sure you have plenty of time.

The only issue I had was getting 8.1 to recognise my blue ray drive, this was fixed by following these instructions.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/usbcoreblog/archive/2013/12/10/help-after-installing-windows-8-1-my-device-fails-with-error-code-19.aspx

Good Luck.

RE: Lenovo Q190 currently best value mini HTPC - Test results & 2 questions - Hudson_Hawk04 - 2014-01-09

Looking at getting the q190 as a replacement for my aging revo am i correct in assuming the only difference between the two models is the hard drive space or am I missing something? Thanks in advance all.

RE: Lenovo Q190 currently best value mini HTPC - Test results & 2 questions - milli - 2014-01-09

(2014-01-09, 18:12)Hudson_Hawk04 Wrote: Looking at getting the q190 as a replacement for my aging revo am i correct in assuming the only difference between the two models is the hard drive space or am I missing something? Thanks in advance all.

Revo or Q190 is a very generic model numbers. You really need to know the complete specs for each one to compare what is different.

RE: Lenovo Q190 currently best value mini HTPC - Test results & 2 questions - cflynt - 2014-01-10

So, I am looking to setup a good friend with a cheap but viable solution for running XBMC and possibly Winblows Media Center for the Backend LiveTV. I run mine on a regular i5 system. Was curious if this type of setup or even the NUC setups are a viable solution for this. I like that the Q190 comes with everything but it is a Celeron Processor. Plus, I like that it already comes with Winblows so all he would have to do is purchase the WMC addon. But there lies my question, is this powerful enough to do the LiveTV backend that way, or is a NUC a better alternative for him going with an i3 or i5 system. Or should he just go with a regular PC setup?

I really do like the idea of the all in one compact size etc. I am thinking of getting one myself just to play with on one of the spare TV's. Which would only need XBMC really.

Thanks for any insight or suggestions.

Chad

RE: Lenovo Q190 currently best value mini HTPC - Test results & 2 questions - JesusOnEez - 2014-01-10

Here's what my Celeron 1.5GHz 4GB RAM 500GB HDD Q190 is running.

Windows 8.1
XBMC 12.3 Frodo
SickBeard
SABnZBD
CouchPotato
HeadPhones
NextPVR TV Service

I'm using NextPVR as the TV back-end. It's small, easy on the CPU and is very much easier (imho) to set-up than most other servers. I'm using a PCTV 461e USB DVB-S2 stick and I watch/record & pause (timeshifting) SD and HD channels with no problem (well...the only minor problem that bothers some people more than others is the 6 second or so channel change, but that doesn't seem to be a hardware issue).

I'm sure sub (the NPVR developer) is working on a series link function for NPVR 4.x and the Gotham plug-in...sure I saw that somewhere.

RE: Lenovo Q190 currently best value mini HTPC - Test results & 2 questions - cflynt - 2014-01-11

(2014-01-10, 16:20)JesusOnEez Wrote: Here's what my Celeron 1.5GHz 4GB RAM 500GB HDD Q190 is running.

Windows 8.1
XBMC 12.3 Frodo
SickBeard
SABnZBD
CouchPotato
HeadPhones
NextPVR TV Service

I'm using NextPVR as the TV back-end. It's small, easy on the CPU and is very much easier (imho) to set-up than most other servers. I'm using a PCTV 461e USB DVB-S2 stick and I watch/record & pause (timeshifting) SD and HD channels with no problem (well...the only minor problem that bothers some people more than others is the 6 second or so channel change, but that doesn't seem to be a hardware issue).

I'm sure sub (the NPVR developer) is working on a series link function for NPVR 4.x and the Gotham plug-in...sure I saw that somewhere.

Thank you very much for your reply. That actually answers a LOT of the questions I had. I run all of that, well SickBeard and Sab on a server, and this buddy of mine wants all of that capability. But was just gonna help him setup another server for that, but if this box can handle all that and still do everything else ok, then it sounds like a sure winner. My only other concern was whether or not if I set him up with WMC for his backend, if it would still stream ok to an extender or another XBMC box using the frontend. But if it can do all this other stuff, then I bet it should be able to handle it.

Thanks again for your reply, I might just order me one to play with myself haha.

RE: Lenovo Q190 currently best value mini HTPC - Test results & 2 questions - JesusOnEez - 2014-01-12

Glad to help. I've had mine for about a year and love it.

RE: Lenovo Q190 currently best value mini HTPC - Test results & 2 questions - richiebrowns - 2014-01-14

Hi guys, looking at possibly buying the Intel Celeron 1017U 1.6GHz version of this for £199.99 at ebuyer. My questions are before i buy:

1) will this run fine with Openelec?
2) what HD graphics unit is it? it doesn't say on the site.
3) Could i easily hook up a remote control? don't see an ir receiver on there.
4) lastly, seeing as im trying to stick within a budget of £200, would one of the intel nuc's + parts be a better option?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Intel-BOXDC3217BY-Barebone-Mini-PC-Intel-HD/dp/B0093LINT2/ref=cm_cr_pr_pb_t

thanks in advance.