Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Ace - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Ace 2 (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=190)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] Ace (/showthread.php?tid=159405)

RE: [RELEASE] Ace - H0rnet - 2013-03-20

1st let me say THANKS for another great skin, fast lite and works great on the rpi Big Grin
2nd are there any plans to include a landscape view (landscapex) as there is in aeon mq3, this is my preferred view for tv shows,
as this is all that's stopping me from using this great skin on all my machines.

RE: [RELEASE] Ace - dio_free - 2013-03-20

Hello,
Can anyone who has tried this outline some of the benefits of this skin over Aeon mq4? I love that skin and have it working really well but Ace sounds intriguing.

Also, some more screenshots would be awesome!

Also, if i switch to Ace, will i lose my settings in Aeon, or will they be exactly the same if i switch back?

RE: [RELEASE] Ace - mcord - 2013-03-20

(2013-03-20, 20:27)Smobbo Wrote: I've tried again, but the skin still makes xbmc crash.
I'm using a raspberry pi with the raspbmc distro.
Skin version is 1.2.3, does anyone else have this as well?

Running openelec on my pi and it the skin does cause occasional crashes if I try to move to quickly or back out of something that is loading. Overall it works well. I like the look and feel enough that I am going with it and trying to be patient on the behaviors that lead to crashed

RE: [RELEASE] Ace - Funnychick - 2013-03-20

(2013-03-20, 21:21)mcord Wrote:
(2013-03-20, 20:27)Smobbo Wrote: I've tried again, but the skin still makes xbmc crash.
I'm using a raspberry pi with the raspbmc distro.
Skin version is 1.2.3, does anyone else have this as well?

Running openelec on my pi and it the skin does cause occasional crashes if I try to move to quickly or back out of something that is loading. Overall it works well. I like the look and feel enough that I am going with it and trying to be patient on the behaviors that lead to crashed

Same happens on Windows platform. Unfortunately, I could not find any relevant log message. It seems to happen often when playing musik, switching to full screen and than back to the library.

RE: [RELEASE] Ace - wtfchuck - 2013-03-20

I love this skin, I hope I can find an answer to my EPG issue. I can select a channel from the channels tab in Live TV but none of the EPG options are working for me. I can see the programming in the EPG timeline view, and navigate within the timeline, but cannot select a channel or record. Windows 7/XBMC 12.1/NPVR/HDHomerun dual tuner.

RE: [RELEASE] Ace - shortjosh - 2013-03-20

Great skin! Love the look and will be making this my daily driver from now on.

One problem I had, which I'm sorry if was already answered in the thread, is that the "show audio and video visualisations as background (global)" setting in general settings doesn't seem to work how I think it should. i.e. when I go back to the main menu the background is replaced by the playing video, live tv, projectm visualisation if music is playing?

Another thing I noticed was that every time I go back to full screen visualisation when music is playing, a box pops up with the next tracks in the playlist. I was able to turn off furniture (would it be possible to have this disappear automatically after 10 seconds for example), and lyrics, but not the next tracks box?

Sorry if this seems like a lot of complaints / requests, I truly think it's an awesome skin in every other way! Big Grin

RE: [RELEASE] Ace - bass63 - 2013-03-21

(2013-03-20, 18:15)CaTz Wrote:
(2013-03-19, 19:33)MarcosQui Wrote:
(2013-03-19, 16:28)CaTz Wrote: Thank you MARCOS, this is great skin!

some minor things that will improve a lot the skin:
1. use by default clear logo instead of clearart (and resize the logo to something smaller)
2. change the style of the bottom white line,
http://srv214.gif.co.il/images/379127screenshot001.jpg

except these two things, the skin is perfect!

1. I prefer clearart, but I'm putting options to change that.

2. I could not see the image.
this is the image:
http://i.imgur.com/OL7c8df.jpg

I second that request - this light bar isn't looking nice with thin labels and much empty space. Of course one can disable it (as I did), but then I'm missing all the info like ratings and stuff. Plain black bar without any effects will look millions time better, IMHO.

RE: [RELEASE] Ace - Omegatron - 2013-03-21

Hi marcos, this skin looks abolutely amazing!!

I have a problem though, i dont get the extra fanart for music to work. added my music library, I installed cdart manager set the paths and downloaded the fanarts etc. also i set the extra fanart path to my cd art folder.

Normally in MQ4 it would all work by now.

But when listening to the music i dont get the artist fanrt in the background.

Also i have to reload every album to get the album information.

Since im the only one reporting this i must be the only one having this problem. Am i forgetting something?

Maybe this is related but i doubt it, when i installed the lastest xbmc 12.1 it wouldnt automaticly download some addons because somehow its stuck on the addon "fanart.tv" when i remove this one from the list it downloads all the other addons. But after that I can't manually install "fanart.tv". It doesnt seem to appear in the addon list.

All help would be appriciated. thanks

ive been configuring only the music section and this is what i didnt like:

when looking at "next track" in main menu, in front of every track you see an album image, in my opinion its really ugly. its so small you hardly reconise the image and it makes a bit of a mess.

RE: [RELEASE] Ace - hardscrabble - 2013-03-21

Does Ace support movie disc art?

RE: [RELEASE] Ace - FoxTC - 2013-03-21

Great skin, if you turn Settings menu off... How do you get it back again?

Re: [RELEASE] Ace - jayleekay - 2013-03-21

I added several favorites under "my menu". They are all video playlists I made. However, I can't get them to auto play. I also can't get regular, non favorite playlists to auto play. Any help?

RE: [RELEASE] Ace - newlynx - 2013-03-21

Very nice theme but when I add a new menu item with a playlist I am getting that randomandlastitems.py has failed. I have exactly the same problem with MQ4. IS there a solution?

RE: [RELEASE] Ace - ThaDraGun - 2013-03-21

How do I set it up so trailers work?
On any other skin Ive tried it works right away. I go to movies, click the info button on a movie I want to see, then choose trailer. Then youtube automatically plays the trailer.

On Ace when I click trailer it says buffering please wait, then nothing happens.
In the main menu (under movies) I tried setting trailer to youtube to see if that would work and there is no change.

Also, what does show/hide furniture do? cant seem to figure it out..

RE: [RELEASE] Ace - dt2510 - 2013-03-21

Would it be possible to add an option to disable capitalizing (<STYLE>uppercase</STYLE> in Font.xml) ?

RE: [RELEASE] Ace - MarcosQui - 2013-03-21

Hello all, Ace 1.2.5 available in Google Drive. (only for test)

Added: View GlassList.
Added: View Multiplex - Media Case support.
Added: View Multiplex - Extrathumbs layout.
Added: View Wall - Media Case support.
Added: View Low List - Slim List mode.
Added: View Panel - Option to show poster or clearart or clearlogo.
Added: View Panel - Media Case support.
Added: View Multiplex and view Showart - Option to set info panel always visible.
Added: Views Global - Option to prefer clearart or prefer clearlogo.
Added: Option to individually disable widgets on the main menu.
Added: Option to disable NowPlaying Widget in main menu.
Added: Pan&Scan effect in main menu.
Added: Playlists - Widget in Main Menu. Support MPAA and Rating flags.
Added: Flags Bar - Option to dark style.
Added: Tabs to facilitate access in portable devices (touchscreen).
Fixed: View Panel - Missing album name.
Fixed: Greek characters. (thanks to CutSickAss)
Fixed: German MPAA. (thanks to mad-max)
Fixed: Layout details in Weather Menu, horizontal, clean mode.

There has been much change in the code and there may be some new bug. If everything is ok this version goes to the official repository this weekend.

All other questions and requests will be analyzed soon.